Preview Cats V Hawks Sat Jul6 435 pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks are in good touch - if this was being played anywhere else I think they'd just about go in favorites. Good win for the Cats on the weekend but given Essendon have just one win against top 8 sides it's a little hard to get a read on just how good a win it was.

Conway set for an extended period on the sidelines so the SDK ruck experiment likely to continue. Even if Stanley is fit I'm not sure they'd bring him in.

Sicily looks likely to miss - he's normally a good match-up on Cameron. Hawks small forwards look dangerous and that's normally an area where opposition sides stretch us - will be interesting to see how the coaches approach that.

Cats but not by much.

Why will Sicily miss? I watched a bit of their win against the Eagles, he was dominant.

If they get over us at KP then they'll be on 9 wins, same as us.

But I reckon we've got them covered.

Id go mannagh for clark but this will also do.

I think henry will be back so it will be interesting to see who makes way for him.
Yep, these are the ins and Clark needs a spell. I’d say Duncan a chance to be managed given how he finished the game.

It was telling how much better our f50 functioned without Hawkins and Henry in it which is ironic seeing they were our two leading goalkickers last season. The lack of defensive pressure those 2 provide and second efforts is killing us. I’d give O.Henry a game in the VFL to let him know that we need more from him than just bobbing up to kick a couple of goals each week.
Scott said Henry a certainty to return.

Hawks have won 5 on the trot and they have a great record at Kardinia Park , they waved their scarves so many times after beating the Cats at KP when i actually went to the games , and given Geelongs utterly horrendous performances the last 3 outings at KP - right at the present time i wouldnt call it much of a home ground advantage at all

Mannagh comes in for Clark , and im quite comfortable with Blics and SDK with the ruck duties , so i want an actual forward playing at full forward so Ollie Henry if he is fit he gets the full forward spot and Neale ( the most hyped up trumped up 6ft 8 inch bloke since Ramsay Bogunavich ) he can learn the craft in the 2nds

Hawks haven't played in Geelong for 18 years.......

Why will Sicily miss? I watched a bit of their win against the Eagles, he was dominant.

If they get over us at KP then they'll be on 9 wins, same as us.

But I reckon we've got them covered.

Dislocated his shoulder during the match.

And it's his second dislocation in the same shoulder since round 8

When he dislocated it against the Bulldogs, he missed the next couple of rounds - so it's likely to he'll need surgery on it post season, but the question is if a second dislocation in less than 2-months, brings that forward or he tries to play through it

We should win this comfortably
Hawks have had a good run against teams playing poorly and average teams.
Coming back from Perth
Playing at our home ground
Sicily will be sore if he plays and the shoulder will be very week and likely to pop out during the game ( been there)
Our ground doesn’t really benefit their game style

In. Mannagh, O Henry sub

Out Duncan rest, 2e rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawk fans actually believe they will win. Need to smack them back down to earth, and back to reality.
You are Hawthorn, you are shit.

Hawk fans actually believe they will win. Need to smack them back down to earth, and back to reality.
You are Hawthorn, you are shit.
Pretty funny reading their board.

This genuinely is their Grand Final, they're saying so themselves.

Ah well, we're seemingly everyone's GF these days. Just another day at the office.

It was telling how much better our f50 functioned without Hawkins and Henry in it which is ironic seeing they were our two leading goalkickers last season. The lack of defensive pressure those 2 provide and second efforts is killing us. I’d give O.Henry a game in the VFL to let him know that we need more from him than just bobbing up to kick a couple of goals each week.

Im not against that but i doubt it will happen.

Same as im not sure they will pick mannagh.

Yep, these are the ins and Clark needs a spell. I’d say Duncan a chance to be managed given how he finished the game.

Yeah given duncan was cramping and we have a friday night game 6 days after id say so.

Duncan and clark for mannagh and henry.
Just a matter of if we want to drop neale or not (its a lot of fwds if he stays in but we can reshuffle) and whether you shuffle say an oconnor out to try a hardie or clohesy (less likely).
Im sadly resigned to blitz and sdk being the only fit rucks.

I’d even take him in a sub but they have to put Mannagh in this week.
Can we get Kingy to ask at the presser this week what else Mannagh and even Hardie need to do to get a game?

I want Mannagh in the team because I think he’ll make us a better team. But I also need to see if Hardie is any good, maybe he steps up at afl level maybe not but we need to have a look.
And he won’t perform worse than plenty of other players we’ve had in there.

I’m not a Henry hater like some fans but I wouldn’t be rushing him back in the side. Might do him some good to play a couple of vfl games. The forward line looked its best in weeks on Saturday with Hawkins and Henry out.
The backline is looking better without Dekoning as well. I’d drop him but if we are going to play Tuohy it should be in defence, he can play midfield anymore.

Id go mannagh for clark but this will also do.

I think henry will be back so it will be interesting to see who makes way for him.

It'd 100% be Neale as he's the most like for like swap by far. Personally, I'm a little more hesitant about Henry's (slated) inclusion this week than others - our forward setup against Essendon looked close to the best we've rolled out all season and I'd be happy to keep it that way for now. Also don't like the lack of defensive efforts he's provided at times this year.

Very much in the minimal changes camp this week. Unless there’s an underlying issue with Duncan I’d fully expect to see him out there. Mannagh for Clark should hopefully be it as far as changes are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back