Toast Chad Wingard Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

went woke, went broke...well almost. But is life is a meme of what happens when you believe what you read and then project that same nonsense thinking people actually care. Im sure danny butcher was a great bloke as well but all people care about is how well you play and how many goals you kick. They will tell you till they are blue in the face how good you are and how much you mean to them until you no longer gratify them through sport. Its all a bit sick really but thats what he signed up for "you get what you deserve"

Remember uploading this year's ago, but his round 1 game against the Saints was the more memorable performance for mine in 2012.

Nothing can shake the amazing memories he gave our starved supporter base during that 2013-2015 period. I had tears in my eyes when he kicked that clutch goal in the 14' Freo final from the boundary.

This place was legitimately angry when we traded him out. Still remember Feel's post airing all the grievances the club had with him and why it happened. A somewhat regrettable trade, and the Hawks never got the best out of him.

does anyone else feel like he was traded literally because he's too much of a winner and our coach is such a loser that he wanted to transform the whole group that way and didn't want any dissenting winners in his plodder philosophy

does anyone else feel like he was traded literally because he's too much of a winner and our coach is such a loser that he wanted to transform the whole group that way and didn't want any dissenting winners in his plodder philosophy

No.

Loved Chad. He was a dynamic player who could turn a game with his brilliance . Don't know what happened but it is very sad that he never continued with that form. He was a Port boy that loved the club and the fans.

Loved Chad. He was a dynamic player who could turn a game with his brilliance . Don't know what happened but it is very sad that he never continued with that form. He was a Port boy that loved the club and the fans.
what actually happened is his body broke down when they tried to make him a midfielder, instead of leaving him as a 40 goal small forward Kenny tired again and his body broke down again, another classic Ken Hinkley coaching lesson. This was the time peak Boak spent 2 years as a half forward just because 'Ken knows what he's talking about'

he's still traumatised by the hoodie incident, he couldnt stay in Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what actually happened is his body broke down when they tried to make him a midfielder, instead of leaving him as a 40 goal small forward Kenny tired again and his body broke down again, another classic Ken Hinkley coaching lesson. This was the time peak Boak spent 2 years as a half forward just because 'Ken knows what he's talking about'

I’m assuming you know most of what you wrote here is simply made up.

I really do miss Wingard's game winning ability in all different way and his regular 20 and 2.

Unbelievable talent.

I'm still funny about the trade like others.

The other thing I liked about him was that he had the competitive edge where he tried to humiliate his direct opponent which seems to be very much against the Hinkley philosophy. I could see how his winning, competitive, accountable style of play would have irked Hinkley.

Last edited:
Yeah if I recall correctly there was debate here on where he was best suited. Always looked like a forward to me who loved a goal but also very creative in the forward half. Never bought into him being a mid.

The Butcher toe poke 😍
4sJN1Dg.gif

That was straight after Hodge’s attempted murder of him too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Chad Wingard Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back