News Chad Wingard traded to Hawthorn for ... dammit who is peeling onions?

Will Chad stay or go?

• He will stay farken!

Votes: 43 21.4%
  • He will go farken!

Votes: 112 55.7%
  • He will stay, he will go, he will stay and go farken!

Votes: 46 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn will stuff this up like they did the Ryan O'Keefe trade a few years back and piss off a chunk of their playing group.

Goo
Ok so here's the 4-1-1. I've had a number of PMs pleading for reasoning. So here goes.

He's the laziest player on the list bar none. He ****s around at training, is always the last to arrive and the first to leave. Never does extra sessions.

He fails to respond to contact from the high performance teams about his appalling body composition. In fact as we speak he is the only player not to check in with their composition this off-season despite repeated attempts at contact.

He locks himself away on Fortnite for away games, bringing his gaming gear with him and sits in his hotel room often alone.

The club have tried desperately to get him to lift his game and he has refused to respond.

He has no interest in achieving premiership success and he has no drive to succeed. A player in it for the lifestyle.

The club have lost patience, they don't want him. This was happening since day 1 of pre-season. His attitude absolutely stinks and his petulance on social media has driven a final wedge.

We've tried everything to accommodate him, and he's given us nothing.

The club understand he will likely succeed at another club but the factors for this will be things the PAFC cannot control.

The players themselves have run out of patience with him, he genuinely doesn't get on with Chad Cornes - reason being Chad has demanded more from him and driven him with the whip and Wingard can't take it.

The official reasoning - "We are here to win premierships, and Chad does not share that desire."

I am fully on the club's side here. It hurts, it burns. It aches. However you all agree you want a club with a spine, you've got one.

Chad Wingard has become damaging to the playing group.
Thank you you this is good insight but could you hide this away Until we get 2 firsts for him?

If we ****ing trade Chad to Hawthorn for unders and then chuck in Hombsch as some sort of sweetener (like Jasper) I will cancel my membership. I usually laugh when people threaten this but I'm not going to be the idiot who financially supports these sorts of ridiculous decisions. The only thing I can control is my financial support. I ****ing love this club and I'm not going to watch it cheat me week in week out and pay for the privilege.

What does that say about the management group that they believe he will be excellent elsewhere?

There is nothing else the club can do, it's no fault of our own. We run a very tight program and have all the support a player could possibly need.

He will go, he will get flogged and he will hate it. We do this now and he walks next year anyway. It's a catch 22.

This has been a long time coming. You can lead a horse to water but you can't ****ing well force them to drink.

1 million dollars a year my anus.

Thank you you this is good insight but could you hide this away Until we get 2 firsts for him?

I know this is tongue in cheek but... there's no way Hawthorn don't know every bit of it already. Wingard is worth plenty plenty plenty on talent alone and they'll still need to come up with plenty plenty plenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so here's the 4-1-1. I've had a number of PMs pleading for reasoning. So here goes.

He's the laziest player on the list bar none. He ****s around at training, is always the last to arrive and the first to leave. Never does extra sessions.

He fails to respond to contact from the high performance teams about his appalling body composition. In fact as we speak he is the only player not to check in with their composition this off-season despite repeated attempts at contact.

He locks himself away on Fortnite for away games, bringing his gaming gear with him and sits in his hotel room often alone.

The club have tried desperately to get him to lift his game and he has refused to respond.

He has no interest in achieving premiership success and he has no drive to succeed. A player in it for the lifestyle.

The club have lost patience, they don't want him. This was happening since day 1 of pre-season. His attitude absolutely stinks and his petulance on social media has driven a final wedge.

The club understand he will likely succeed at another club but the factors for this will be things the PAFC cannot control.

The players themselves have run out of patience with him, he genuinely doesn't get on with Chad Cornes - reason being Chad has demanded more from him and driven him with the whip and Wingard can't take it.

The official reasoning - "We are here to win premierships, and Chad does not share that desire."

I am fully on the club's side here. It hurts, it burns. It aches. However you all agree you want a club with a spine, you've got one.

Bravo!

I agree. Ports poor defensive game plan was totally Wingards fault lol! I'd be playing Fornite just to add some excitement to my life if I was Wingard too. Kenny f**K off!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Feel.

Makes a mockery of Costanza's suggestion that we will not trade him unless a suitable offer comes up. We're trading him alright and we'll take what we can get.
Hawthorn know this
squeeze out a 2nd rounder and on top of Burton and their first and run

I thought as much.

You only have to look at his behaviour on the field. Always looking for free kicks and gets the sooks on when things does not go his way.

Happy that the club has made the tough call after numerous attempts to change his mindset.

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Do you think the club has frogmarched him into meeting with these clubs i.e. they are the main drivers behind him exploring options, and that Chad would rather stay?

Or has he gone full dummy spit and decided to join his old mates in Melbourne?

Thank You.

I personally like what the club are doing.

Additionally, we are taking the group to noosa this pre-season for some real tough shit and plenty of teamwork and bonding. This will be a new beginning with new stories to write.

Forget the last five years. We're bringing out the Harley Davidson belt buckle to everything and everyone inside the club.

Over ****ing due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back