Strategy Changes and Pre-match discussion (Freo 15/7, MCG 1.45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B. Maynard. Frampton. IQ
HB. Murphy. Moore. Markov
C. Sidebottom. Mitchell. Jaicos
HF. Hill. McStay. McReery
F. Elliot. Cox. Johnson

R. Cameron. DeGoey. Naicos

Int. Pendlebury Howe Noble Lipinski
Sub. Adams
No crisp

B. Maynard. Frampton. IQ
HB. Murphy. Moore. Markov
C. Sidebottom. Mitchell. Jaicos
HF. Hill. McStay. McReery
F. Elliot. Cox. Johnson

R. Cameron. DeGoey. Naicos

Int. Pendlebury Howe Noble Lipinski
Sub. Adams
I'd like to see Fin get a call up this week. Perfect game to be given the opportunity to show if his vfl form translates at afl level.

Maybe Adams sits out this week & Fin in? Not sure about him being sub though.

Pretty impressive squad though isn't it?

Edit: just noticed Crisp is missing..can't have that 😆

I'd like to see Fin get a call up this week. Perfect game to be given the opportunity to show if his vfl form translates at afl level.

No way Macrae or anyone else new comes in between now and the end of the year, notwithstanding injuries.

We're struggling to fit everyone in this week as it is, let alone with Mihocek hopefully back next week and then WHE possibly a few weeks after that.

No way Macrae or anyone else new comes in between now and the end of the year, notwithstanding injuries.

We're struggling to fit everyone in this week as it is, let alone with Mihocek hopefully back next week and then WHE possibly a few weeks after that.
Well we'll see won't we.

As much as Serong is a big out for them, Brennan Cox out for them is huge also.

We need to expose this and be ruthless.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree! Sorry VFL boys - maybe next year. We're challenging now. Need best team out there each week

Agree! Sorry VFL boys - maybe next year. We're challenging now. Need best team out there each week
Yeah I can only see these boys getting a look in now in case of an injury crisis, or if we end up playing in a dead rubber type fixture in the last round.

Just the way it goes sometimes.

Yeah I can only see these boys getting a look in now in case of an injury crisis, or if we end up playing in a dead rubber type fixture in the last round.

Just the way it goes sometimes.

Geelong won the flag last year partially on the back of managing older players through

I prefer we didn't go the Leigh Matthews model of never giving kids a game, particularly while we're good enough to carry them through.

I don't see why we can't rest a Pendles/Howe/Adams/Mihocek here and there to manage them through and get games in Carmichael and McRae

If Grundles tears Brisbane a new one on Friday night and helps secure a top 2 spot for pies , happy to fast track a life membership for him

I didn't even realise they were playing this week. And at the MCG top! Melbourne kissed on the dick again.

Also... my AFL app updated today and now I can't go back and forward rounds by swiping left or right. WTAF. So annoying!

As much as Serong is a big out for them, Brennan Cox out for them is huge also.

We need to expose this and be ruthless.

Yes, time to start the run to the finals.

Geelong won the flag last year partially on the back of managing older players through

I prefer we didn't go the Leigh Matthews model of never giving kids a game, particularly while we're good enough to carry them through.

I don't see why we can't rest a Pendles/Howe/Adams/Mihocek here and there to manage them through and get games in Carmichael and McRae
Howe had about 14 weeks rest, Checkers has had 2 weeks rest right now, Pendles has missed a game and been subbed off, and we had a bye a few weeks ago.

Adams also missed some games earlier but I guess may have some sub duties coming.

Some posters are going crackers on this resting thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fly doesn't seem keen on doing this - they seem to give players a week or two off when they are really sore (e.g Maynard, Elliott) and select the 23 around the best of what we then have available.

It makes things tricky if you bring a young talent into the side in that scenario and they play really well - How do you drop them back out of the side when the veteran guns come back without letting down their morale?

I

Interesting take. I thought we always showed commitment under Buckley, but the game plan wasn't right. I thought that some of our teams grit and professionalism actually came from that era, all those guys having to try to win the hard way through guts and determination but poor method. I feel that this era has brought method rather than discipline and commitment, but also more fun. But that's just one view from the outside
I perhaps muddled it up with my explanation because the group always seemed to buy in, but I felt we left ourselves open to being flat because Buckley was big on self motivation. Fly on the other hand as recently as the past few weeks has spoken about the emotional investment he works at prior to every match with his video of the week in their final pre-match meeting. The perfect example that we’ve all seen was McReery’s mum coming in to rev up the group I mean his on earth we’re they not running through brick walls after that. Buckley never seemed to nail that emotional trigger which I felt correlated into an ebb in emotional investment every so often.

Doh
I knew there was someone

10 yrs service gets him in I think. Even though they seem to phrase it as "more than 10", but I am writing that off to our whimsical website writers.
Is it 150 games? If not for Dim Sheed he would automatically qualify

SEN just reporting Luke Jackson left the training track early. Not sure why - but sounds like he might be in doubt.

SEN just reporting Luke Jackson left the training track early. Not sure why - but sounds like he might be in doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back