Unofficial Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Gold Coast - Rd17 Saturday 6 July

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL love your spirit but we be lucky to get 20k are supporters won’t turn up just like yesterday.
I just wish this club had the stones to put out an Audit on how many members we have got in each category including reserved seat Ticket Holders.
But this won’t happen.
Win games of footy and attendances will soar. It’s pretty simple.

Great chance to put the post bye improvement to the test. They exposed our fitness levels in steamy Darwin a couple of months ago. Colby in for Fisher if injured or for one less tall (probably Pink) to give more run.

Make the below changes and we win

Out: pink, shiels and scott
In: Finnbar, Colby and Hardeman

If/when Logue is ready he’s in for Dawson

But likely there will only be maybe 2 of those changes
l cant see Finnbar playing in the seniors this year but would persist with him for next season. Colby and Hardeman should come in and if ready Logue as well but l would make sure he is match fit first..

Not sure two weeks is enough for Logue after such a long layoff, so Corr get a reprieve, but McKercher looked good and should come in the for Shiels.

Powell's last few weeks have been below standard and needs to be given a little kick up the butt, so make him the sub.

Hardeman in for Lmac and Kerch in for Pink. As Lmac will never be dropped, it’ll probably be Fish if he’s injured or Stephens, though I’d be happy if one of Tucker or Scott were dropped. No Greenwood on account of hurting George. Hope they don’t rush Logue back.

Doesn't bother me. I've got Foxtel.

A Nursing Home with Foxtel?

Lying Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mids need to step up otherwise, we will get pantsed.

Anderson, Flanders, Ainsworth, Rowell, Miller is a fine midfield.

We need Jy to be on from the get-go, LDU to be in beast-mode, Phillips to blanket Anderson or Flanders and Powell to step up and be a presence when inside.

Last edited:
I underestimated the impact of no Wardlaw in the middle. LDU, Jy etc all impacted

I know they need to step up without him but my gosh the footy gods hate us haha

I'm the same. Makes it so much more frustrating that he has to also miss the game against Gold Coast of all teams. If we don't win the midfield on Saturday then it's over.

The mids need to step up otherwise, we will get pantsed.

Anderson, Flanders, Ainsworth, Rowell, Miller is a fine midfield.

We need Jy to be on from the get-go, LDU to be in beast-mode, Phillips to blanket Anderson or Flanders and Powell to step up and be a presence when inside.

If there was ever a game for Greenwood to come in it has to be this week.

On the back of 25d and 12 tackles in the VFL, let him bash and crash for a week with Wardlaw out.

I think he would offer more this week than Shiels?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If there was ever a game for Greenwood to come in it has to be this week.

On the back of 25d and 12 tackles in the VFL, let him bash and crash for a week with Wardlaw out.

I think he would offer more this week than Shiels?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I know I am in the minority, but I would like Greenwood in too. He will tackle all day.

Ban McDonald from kicking in the front half of the ground.

There also needs to be a ban on anyone not name Harry Sheezel kicking over 40 metres inside 50.

If we are going to bang it long we are going to get picked apart by their awesome aerialists and running HBs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back