Unofficial Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Gold Coast - Rd17 Saturday 6 July

Remove this Banner Ad

She was wearing Matthew Knights' number 17 jumper from 1995 with the VFL logo on it.
Ben Stiller Agree GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm excited for this one. Surely after a few promising weeks we can bring home another win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll be there so I won’t personally be embarrassed by whatever the crowd number is.

Yup, my daughter and I will be there. And rest assured; I'll continue my hard-hitting investigative analysis of what my old L2 reserved seat situation is ;)

We should all be collectively embarrassed if it's below 20,000.
Why mate?

Freo game was ~17.5k in the same timeslot and they have way more fans than GC. Plus we are less of a box office attraction since then having lost every game since bar one.

13-14k sounds about the likely number.

We should all be collectively embarrassed if it's below 20,000.
Yeah, we don’t have to do that to ourselves. It’s not a group assignment, everyone can do their own thing.

Admittedly I probably over-estimated what should be a 'minimum' crowd for this game.

I'm over-sensitive right now to this stuff though, given the reports from our CEO this week about looking for a new market to sell our home games to after the Tasmanian deal concludes.

I want us to be a Melbourne-based club that can stand on it's own two feet forever.

It's hard to get enthused about breaking membership records when we still can only scrape together 10-15,000 type crowd figures to these games. It worries me about our long-term sustainability.

Admittedly I probably over-estimated what should be a 'minimum' crowd for this game.

I'm over-sensitive right now to this stuff though, given the reports from our CEO this week about looking for a new market to sell our home games to after the Tasmanian deal concludes.

I want us to be a Melbourne-based club that can stand on it's own two feet forever.

It's hard to get enthused about breaking membership records when we still can only scrape together 10-15,000 type crowd figures to these games. It worries me about our long-term sustainability.

I think you need to realise that our membership is a national figure.

We’ve been told we have 8k members in WA.

We probably have half that in Tassie.

Our membership is also inflated with creative book keeping.

But everyone that can go Saturday has to go Saturday.

I think you need to realise that our membership is a national figure.

We’ve been told we have 8k members in WA.

We probably have half that in Tassie.

Our membership is also inflated with creative book keeping.

But everyone that can go Saturday has to go Saturday.
I reckon they double count people who have AFL and AFLW memberships. Not just us though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back