Unofficial Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Gold Coast - Rd17 Saturday 6 July

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2038945

Any true North Melbourne family must raise North Melbourne supporting children.

It's non-negotiable.

I don't make the rules, I'm sorry.
Kids will choose based on natural observation. I feel like you shouldn't have to force them (Probably should've explained it better my bad).

For example, I got hooked naturally from observation as a little kid. I wasn't told you have to follow them just coz. Gotta put in the effort and it will feel natural or ingrained.

There is a difference.

My kids all chose north without any influence from me whatsoever.
little legends, they know the way
I’ve told this story before, my boy was called Rooboy before he had a name and his membership even today is still Roo J likewise my daughter was signed up as RooGirl. It teaches them loyalty, commitment, patience and resilience as NMFC members 😀

I’ve told this story before, my boy was called Rooboy before he had a name and his membership even today is still Roo J likewise my daughter was signed up as RooGirl. It teaches them loyalty, commitment, patience and resilience as NMFC members 😀
If I see your daughter do I approach her as RooGirl? It's also taught them that their father is a bit....left of centre. :)

Last edited:
One of the great things about being the sole North person in an entire family’s history is the savage joy I’ll get in sticking it to basically every single relative when the tables have turned. My wad of receipts is as bulky as George Costanza’s wallet.
I've never really made a point of it unless it's brought up, and then I drive it home. Being in a family of not a lot of North Melbourne people over the years, and not just family members, I've developed a thick skin, the music industry has helped as well, but I don't really care what people say, I catalogue it, and prefer to let them know when the tide turns. I guess it's a forgive but don't forget scenario.

One of the great things about being the sole North person in an entire family’s history is the savage joy I’ll get in sticking it to basically every single relative when the tables have turned. My wad of receipts is as bulky as George Costanza’s wallet.

Anyone else noticed a change in the last month?

Like “yeh we bullied Gaso for 5 years but shit they’re coming good. Better start building him/them up”???

Anyone else noticed a change in the last month?

Like “yeh we bullied Gaso for 5 years but shit they’re coming good. Better start building him/them up”???
Yeah you have been bullied, but when you repeat the same thing ad nauseam, it's gets tireing. 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. No it is not.

Absolutely this.

My kids are North or nothing.

5 generations, there is no choosing.
My wife is American, and both her and our kids had absolutely zero input into the team they were going to support. It was either the North way or the highway.

22? Luxury!

My last win in person was the halcyon days of ‘19 when shawy was caretaker coach and we pumped the pies by 40 odd points.

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends
2019 ... luxury ...

I think Clarko is indicating that with Griff comming back into the side, Comben might go forward again at some point.

While I love him in defence, I think it will be good to further experiment so long as the matchups still work.

Kids will choose based on natural observation. I feel like you shouldn't have to force them (Probably should've explained it better my bad).

For example, I got hooked naturally from observation as a little kid. I wasn't told you have to follow them just coz. Gotta put in the effort and it will feel natural or ingrained.

There is a difference.
No no no.

Newly borns have no idea whats going on. So get pics of them wearing North gear in the pram, get em down for some pics with the players and stick em on the fridge.

Before they even know their own name they'll know they've 'always' been North supporters. They wont remember how they came to the decision only that they did.

I think Clarko is indicating that with Griff comming back into the side, Comben might go forward again at some point.

While I love him in defence, I think it will be good to further experiment so long as the matchups still work.
Or get Chom in early for a shoulder clean up, he's clearly been struggling with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back