Prediction Changes and Pre Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs R15 @Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGovern > HEdwards

Harry played well and is unlucky but even though Gov’s form preinjury was below his usual standard he’s still a better player

Sheppard > Foley

See above. Could have been Cole or Rotham make way instead of Foley but both those players have played well this year and deserved to hold their spots

Kelly > Nelson

Nelson played as a defender/mid against Richmond and makes way to allow for a full complement of mids against the Bulldogs. Despite the views of some I think he’s been ok this year so is unlucky to be squeezed out. Cole and Rotham preferred which is fair

Shuey > Langdon

LEdwards holds his spot which is great and we’ve effectively added an extra mid at the expense of a small forward. Shuey is ready to go and is a welcome recall

Petruccelle > Jones

Probably the hardest selection to justify. Petch played against Carlton less than 3 weeks ago so I’m a bit iffy seeing him back no matter how slight his hamstring awareness may have been. His pace will be handy though provided he’s good to play. Preference would have for Jones to hold his place instead of Waterman due to his ability to provide better pressure on the ball carrier but I don’t think it’s a make or break selection

Anyone of Jones, Langdon or Nelson would be fine as the sub with a slight preference for Nelson I think

Comfortably the best side we’ve put out on the park this year and it’s a massive complement to LEdwards that he’s held his spot

i dont understand how waterman is in the team. feels too tall....again.

Would prefer jones or langon for team balance.

better not f*n run out of puff...again.
Yeah waterman in the wet seems like over kill with talls, feel as though jones could definitely impact more in these sort of conditions. Hopefully the rain can somehow hold off til after the game.

Not saying Petruccelle won't be a best 22 lock one day, but he shouldn't be a straight in after injury given the amount of changes we've had already.

Stiff for Jones and even Langdon. Thought they'd be the better choices to minimise having so many new players.

Dont get me wrong, he has certainly improved this year but Match committee must have a hard on for petch. He does not warrant automatic selection.

Dont get me wrong, he has certainly improved this year but Match committee must have a hard on for petch. He does not warrant automatic selection.
He doesn't warrant automatic selection yet, but it's sort of made worse by him having some soft tissue history, as well as Shuey, and having both come in the same week.

2 people on (probably) limited minutes. Shuey is a no brainer. Petch might be better than Jones and Langdon, but I'd have staggered his inclusion.

Kelly, Gov and Shep's injuries were slightly different so I am less worried about them and their ability to play longer minutes.

i dont understand how waterman is in the team. feels too tall....again.

Would prefer jones or langon for team balance.

better not f*n run out of puff...again.

At least we didn't bring Vardy or Williams in as second ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was the medi-sub last week so he’s technically out of the side this week, because he technically played against Richmond.

He also didn't make the list of emergencies either, so he's completely out

Yeah not sold on Waterman and Petch instead of Jones and Langdon. That’s a severe drop off in tackling pressure and run. Jones especially is baffling, has everything you want in a small forward, quick enough, tackles, and is a good kick on goal (from distance too). Langdon has his limitations but he can run and tackle. With so many stars and offensive weapons coming back in I’m not sure we needed either of JW or Petch. Good solid all round role players in Jones and Langdon would have been a better option, even moreso in the wet

Waterman was clutch in front of the sticks against Richmond so I guess the MC have rewarded him. But yeah still feels too tall.

Nelson's omission will give some people on here a disproportionate level of glee.

Pretty much we are fielding our best team this week, -Rioli of course, so it's going to be interesting to see who performs and who doesn't.
Some bloody good players just got dropped who will be keen as F to get back in so you would want to be performing.

Really looking forward to finally seeing our best 18 start a game. -Rioli of course.

I don't get the too tall comments. We're playing with one genuine ruck. Harry Edwards out, Gov in.
We’re probably not too “too tall” height wise, but we’re definitely lacking run and pressure. Waterman and Petch make us too unaccountable imo. From the named forward line we have Redden, Sheed, Waterman, Ryan and Petch and then the 3 big boys. There’s not a lot of blokes there keeping track of their man. Caleb Daniel is nearly a monty for 30+ touches after reading that lineup. Someone I think Langdon would have matched up well on.

I could have sworn on AFL.com that we listed Xavier O'Neil as our medical sub

Sub isnt named until teams are finalized 60 minutes before bounce, and has to come from the emergencies (Jones/Langdon/Nelson/Vardy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back