Prediction Changes and Pre Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs R15 @Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont understand how waterman is in the team. feels too tall....again.

Would prefer jones or langon for team balance.

better not f*n run out of puff...again.
Couldn't agree more, Jones in for Waterman! Definitely too tall, need Jones pressure vs the dogs.

Foley very very very unlucky.

Watch him get 25+ possies 5+ tackles 10+ CP's 6+ I50's and a goal.
AND watch him NOT GET an RS nom because someone else takes a couple of speccys and kicks a couple of goals with 10 possies.
They won't ignore him if he has another great game simply so they can run the old 'Son of a gun' headline on AFL.com.au.

This is a really strong 22. The 4 emergencies, plus Rioli, Brander, Witherden and Williams, stand ready to play a part in the run home if required. Even beyond that, O'Neill, Hutchings and Ainsworth are not terrible depth.

I'm tempering my expectations, but this is the first time we've looked like the side that had me optimistic for what we could achieve this season.

Petruccelle > Jones

Probably the hardest selection to justify. Petch played against Carlton less than 3 weeks ago so I’m a bit iffy seeing him back no matter how slight his hamstring awareness may have been. His pace will be handy though provided he’s good to play. Preference would have for Jones to hold his place instead of Waterman due to his ability to provide better pressure on the ball carrier but I don’t think it’s a make or break selection

Couldn't agree more, Jones in for Waterman! Definitely too tall, need Jones pressure vs the dogs.

I actually agree and would rather Jones over Waterman.

But if I was to think of a reason why Waterman got in over him it could possibly be because Jones does seem to fade a little in games. Or at least that's what it seems to me.
And Waterman does have his own level of grunt and mongrel that he brings to the table (not that Jones doesn't).

I don’t agree Petro is in the side .. he hasn’t given me any confidence that he can come straight back in . Still has plenty to learn but to bring him straight back in I thibk is a worry . I want to see him run hard to chase and pressure not run hard towards goal when he thinks he can get a goal . He hasn’t in my opinion become an automatic starter . But anyway hope the kid does well.

Not saying Petruccelle won't be a best 22 lock one day, but he shouldn't be a straight in after injury given the amount of changes we've had already.

Stiff for Jones and even Langdon. Thought they'd be the better choices to minimise having so many new players.
Petch has been better than all our other small fwds bar cripps and ryan. In fact I’d be tempted to say Cripps as Crippa has had heaps of dog shit games this year. I’d say it would have been better if it was Petch for Waterman

I like all of it apart from the fact Jamaine is OUT for Petch.

Petch isn't the type of player who warrants automatic selection, especially after coming back from a period due to injury. Despite the good form he was showed.

The fact it's Jones who is the one bizarrely dropped YET AGAIN, after showing something in every game he plays just annoys me.

Rest of the team looks good. Gov the concern for mine. Glad Ledwards gets another crack (into my supercoach team you go kent).

This is a really strong 22. The 4 emergencies, plus Rioli, Brander, Witherden and Williams, stand ready to play a part in the run home if required. Even beyond that, O'Neill, Hutchings and Ainsworth are not terrible depth.

I'm tempering my expectations, but this is the first time we've looked like the side that had me optimistic for what we could achieve this season.
My viewings of the Beagles doesn't fill me with any hope about Ainsworth.

Seems like a great kid. Dedicated and no doubt doing what the club has asked him to do but has developed none of the attributes that made him draftable to AFL level and his "rounded out" skillset is poor. His square peg has been bashed into the round hole of the delistable.

Petch has been better than all our other small fwds bar cripps and ryan. In fact I’d be tempted to say Cripps as Crippa has had heaps of dog sh*t games this year. I’d say it would have been better if it was Petch for Waterman
I’d plY waterman as he can play anywhere where as petch is only played forward and nowhere else . He needs a few weeks in the WAFL to 1. To get confidence and 2. Play a good few solid games not flash in and out get a goal over the top . I want to see him work hard for his spot .

i dont understand how waterman is in the team. feels too tall....again.

Would prefer jones or langon for team balance.

better not f*n run out of puff...again.
We are only as tall as last week when we beat Richmond. Also waterman kicked 2 clutch goals when the tigers were pulling away at different stages of the game. He should play.

Petch has been better than all our other small fwds bar cripps and ryan. In fact I’d be tempted to say Cripps as Crippa has had heaps of dog sh*t games this year. I’d say it would have been better if it was Petch for Waterman
I think Cripps has been better than Petruccelle overall, but only just on offence. Besides, not against Petruccelle as a selection generally speaking, just this week it seems unnecessary given the fact we have some smalls in the team that are better role players.

Petruccelle offers x-factor, but that's not going to be an issue this week, it could have waited a week that's all. Here's hoping he kicks 4 though.

I’d plY waterman as he can play anywhere where as petch is only played forward and nowhere else . He needs a few weeks in the WAFL to 1. To get confidence and 2. Play a good few solid games not flash in and out get a goal over the top . I want to see him work hard for his spot .
With 7 defenders and a full array of mids we don’t need him to play elsewhere. That utility role would have been a good point pre bye.

Also, we might not be taller, but we have more mids than we do forwards. Interesting to see how some of the mids go up forward.

Sheed is good up there because he backs himself to kick goals, not always looking for the perfect pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are only as tall as last week when we beat Richmond. Also waterman kicked 2 clutch goals when the tigers were pulling away at different stages of the game. He should play.
Wasn’t thunderstorms when we played Richmond

I don't mind the Petruccelle inclusion, his form has been good for most of the year.
Probably our best small forward this year taking into account all the games ryan has missed .

I have no problem him coming straight back in .

Wish we could find some way to fit in Jones.

I have a feeling waterman gets his KPIs every game and Jones doesn't.

I do think that watermans link up work between our midfield and forward line is underrated .

Lack of inside 50s is one of our biggest downfalls in our losses

I like all of it apart from the fact Jamaine is OUT for Petch.

Petch isn't the type of player who warrants automatic selection, especially after coming back from a period due to injury. Despite the good form he was showed.

The fact it's Jones who is the one bizarrely dropped YET AGAIN, after showing something in every game he plays just annoys me.

Rest of the team looks good. Gov the concern for mine. Glad Ledwards gets another crack (into my supercoach team you go kent).
Couldn’t agree more. I would have kept JJ in and probably HEdwards instead of Gov. Personally pleased LEdwards remained in.

I see the point our promising youngsters who were dropped will have their time but I reckon at home we could have exposed a few to a genuine gun Dogs team. JJ in particular. Love his intent and interest in the ball. Might keep Rioli honest and struggling for a spot. I’m gonna cop it for suggesting that but JJ is definitely the type of player I like.

LEdwards is a possible 75% Judd? Whoa. Here we go

Eagles by 14. Schuey BOG. 👍

If he's got the tank (which I think he has) then this makes a lot of sense. Make Daniels actually defend and expose the fact that they are playing the shortest man in the AFL as a defender.

Bookmark it.

*edit* Daniel has been top 5 distance a couple of times this year. Snake has done it once. In all circumstances distance covered is around 14km. I reckon Jake can well and truly go with him. Big body on him. Block him, bump him, outmark him.

McGovern > HEdwards

Harry played well and is unlucky but even though Gov’s form preinjury was below his usual standard he’s still a better player

---

Comfortably the best side we’ve put out on the park this year and it’s a massive complement to LEdwards that he’s held his spot

A) McGovern would want to earn the call up. Has been bog ****ing average.

B) it's compliment, not complement, ie:

"bombard compliments keys on his failed English"

"Keys complements bombard with a rusty spike"

I just like helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back