Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Western Bulldogs round 16 @ Metricon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ins -
JK, Waterman

Outs -
Shuey, Bailey

We have enough players to cover Shuey with O'Neill, Nelson and Duggan around. No need to prolapse our Ainsworth back into the 22.

Can see a case for bringing Cameron back if he's fit, in which case either Jetta or Hutchings miss.
Hutchings back in the team reminded just how short in the skill department he is

Interesting to see what the plan for Hutch is this week.

Shuey out means there's a spot in the middle for Hutch to tag a midfielder, which is probably ok timing given the Dogs and Saints have quite a few tag suspectable targets running through there.

Macrae/Hunter for the Dogs of that's what they go with. Though I also don't mind the idea of him staying fwd and locking down on Daniel.

Out: Williams (unlucky), McGovern (injury), Shuey (injury)
In: JK, Edwards (if we rest Gov), Ainsworth (Oh god please help me) or Brayshaw (please give him a debut he can't do worst)

JK should be recovered from his concussion. I'd rather keep Hutch even if he was crap instead of bringing Ainsworth in. Gov's knee looks dodgy so we could be cautious against the Dogs so Edwards can come in if we rest him. Nic Nat looks cooked and needs a rest but with English and possible Dunkley again, we could exploit that. I think Shuey may miss a few weeks with that hammy but lets hope it's just a cramp, god please help me if Ainsworth's in and I hope they go with Brayshaw.
We may start running out of players soon if these injuries keep happening.

Thought Jetta looked alright as a forward. And we had eight other defenders with Cole and Nelson looking like they split the wing again so we don’t really need to send him back, even if we were to throw a Nelson into the middle.
I reckon he stays as a forward, with a pass mark of 4 or 5 tackles a game. Don't worry too much about goals, just use his speed to apply the forward pressure we badly need.

Out: Shuey, Natanui, Hutchings
In: Kennedy, Waterman, Petrucelle

I'd back Williams and Allen to ruck against English. Move Duggan into the middle, and bring Petch in and ask him to focus purely on forward pressure - Bombers ran it out way too easy in the 2nd half. I like a forward line of JK, Darling Waterman and Allen, with Ryan and Petch crumbing.

Out: Williams (a little unlucky), Shuey, Naitanui
In: Waterman, Brayshaw (better him than Anus), Hickey

As much as I hate resting Naita, we can't afford for him to go down. Hickey and Allen will have to manage. Brayshaw gets his chance. If Petch is fit, does he slot into the forwardline immediately?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he stays as a forward, with a pass mark of 4 or 5 tackles a game. Don't worry too much about goals, just use his speed to apply the forward pressure we badly need.

Jetta is no longer quick.

And he isn't a good tackler.

Need to give credit to our club - the way we have managed “in game” breaks has been incredible

the last quarter tonight was nothing short of a master stroke

Barely did anything to overwork the team - just played keepy off

However the decision to have shuey in the ground with 2 minutes to go - someone needs to be shot

hes still quick, actually had a quality chase late in the game - and got to some dangerous spots - he was just rusty

Personally think he has more to offer up forwArd than Reid or Cameron (this year)

There's a lot to consider regard Jetts. He hasn't played for like 2.5 months and those scrimmages do nothing to a player like him. Its nothing like a glorified training drill. Also the first time he's played forward in about 3 years. He got about 3-5 shots on goal and will get cleaner with ball in hand with games. Jetta fresh and in form going to finals can be a weapon if our midfield just clicks come september.

84b6164012e464744f2c2712da2fd20a.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

OUT: Naitanui (rest), Shuey (hamstring), Williams (unlucky)
IN: Hickey, Waterman, Kennedy

Midfield cupboard looking very bare. I'd rather shuffle O'Neill, Duggan and Ah Chee into the midfield than play Ainsworth. Brayshaw I'd prefer but I think the Dogs would run him off his feet.

A bit of a tall lineup to play the Dogs but our available depth smalls aren't particularly inspiring right now.

Was tempted to keep Williams in to ruck full-time instead of Hickey but that is a lot to ask of his fitness.

Natanui is still effectively playing half a game most weeks, and that is with reduced quarters

Taking that into account, does he actually need a rest?

And if he does, why isn't he fitter? Didn't he have his first full pre season this year?

I say play him. If he cannot get through half a game, at the business end of the season, after a full pre season, our fitness and high performance team need to be reviewed

I have been pretty vocal (maybe irrationally so) about a Brayshaw debut, I'm going to go ahead and surprise nobody by suggesting that he should come in to the side this week.

I have watched him closely since he was drafted and also at u18 level and can sort of break-down his strengths as:
+ Terrific in tight, clean hands and reliable at stoppages
+ Tackles like his life depends on it (Had 22 and 12 tackles in the final WAFL game last season)
+ Runs hard both ways, his work rate was lauded by Adrian Hickmott a couple of weeks ago as one of the best
+ Understands his limits and plays accordingly
+ Finds the ball with ease
+ Can play as a medium sized marking forward, has done so in our WAFL side

A highlight of his was finishing with 30 disposals, 8 marks, 11 tackles and 5.0 in a TAC Cup Final.

At the risk of being bombarded with rhetorical responses, I am not suggesting that he is some superstar that all of our coaches have conveniently glanced over repeatedly. I am suggesting that, based on his previous WAFL form, pre-season reports and scrimmage reports - he is someone that has earned a chance in the senior side.

Go Eagles!!!!! :)

I have been pretty vocal (maybe irrationally so) about a Brayshaw debut, I'm going to go ahead and surprise nobody by suggesting that he should come in to the side this week.

I have watched him closely since he was drafted and also at u18 level and can sort of break-down his strengths as:
+ Terrific in tight, clean hands and reliable at stoppages
+ Tackles like his life depends on it (Had 22 and 12 tackles in the final WAFL game last season)
+ Runs hard both ways, his work rate was lauded by Adrian Hickmott a couple of weeks ago as one of the best
+ Understands his limits and plays accordingly
+ Finds the ball with ease
+ Can play as a medium sized marking forward, has done so in our WAFL side

A highlight of his was finishing with 30 disposals, 8 marks, 11 tackles and 5.0 in a TAC Cup Final.

At the risk of being bombarded with rhetorical responses, I am not suggesting that he is some superstar that all of our coaches have conveniently glanced over repeatedly. I am suggesting that, based on his previous WAFL form, pre-season reports and scrimmage reports - he is someone that has earned a chance in the senior side.

Go Eagles!!!!! :)

I think we will need Hamish in to replace Shuey. Not like for like, but we can work around that. Plug him in the center, and have legs on the outside.

Ah Chee is not leaving this side all year on form. He's only good in bursts but that's enough to have locked in his spot.
AhChee is below average or average in every stat available, sums it up really a very average to below average AFL player. At his age should be at the peak of his abilities too, he's a liability and should be replaced ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back