Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion Round 20, Pineapple Grapple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Smith, I really feel for him but that was a terrible, terrible debut. Definitely bring Morris back in OR make Morris sub and bring Reville back in.
Best thing about his debut is he was more impressive than Jonathan Brown was on debut, donuts for big Jono.

Poor Smith, I really feel for him but that was a terrible, terrible debut. Definitely bring Morris back in OR make Morris sub and bring Reville back in.

Someone made the call on the game day thread but I’d agree he only comes in if there’s an injury to Hipwood, Daniher or Oscar. I think he has a future, but he may need to bide his time for now.

What are our options if Harris is out? Eric spent a bit of time down there in the last, so perhaps that’s an option. Not ideal given we’d lose the intercepting ability but if that was the case maybe Henry would get a reprieve.

If Harris is out things get very tricky
Harris is the most important cog in our machine with the dearth of fit KPDs.

Who the hell plays key defence if he's out? There is literally no one except for ZZ and I can't see him coming in.

Very big ask for Froggy to play tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out- Henry Smith.

In- Logan Morris.

Suns undefeated at home so will be a tough encounter, maybe give Bruce Reville a crack at a full game and someone else's turn to be the sub, Ah Chee/Fletcher/Brain/Bailey?

Bruce's game time minutes are low as are Will's. That night be a complication they are trying to manage.

Morris and him aren’t like for like is the issue. The guy is a KPP only.

Not taking into account potential injuries/suspensions.

Out - Smith
In - Morris
Sub - Reville

Just gives us more danger at ground level and mobility on the lead up target.

Just give ZZ a run down back if he’s fit. Suns have a few talls that we’ll need to cover.

We pushed Hipwood back when Andrews was out. I'm thinking Hipwood will go back if Andrews doesn't get up, Logan will come in for Smith. Also hope we play Bruce forward and Sharp as sub.

Or the other option is Andrews out -> Hipwood to defense -> Morris forward and Smith gets another game giving us the 3 tall setup.

Henry Smith is a ruck, he is not a key forward at AFL level.

Strange decision to play him, if Logan Morris needs a rest we should go smaller, would have been better with Bruuuuce instead of Henry today.

So there lots of brave Swans two down on the bench, exhausted but never giving up from commentators. And Swans fans clinging to that narrative.

But.... doesn't the interchanges stat show we bravely, and beyond fair sportsmanship by a mile, handicapped ourselves to the same number of rotations to enable a fair win to us?

😉

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240721_194518_Footy Live.jpg
    Screenshot_20240721_194518_Footy Live.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 50
Morris has it all over Smith. We don’t need another giraffe in the forward line. Surely Fagan was cured of that idea after the Gunston debacle and the start we had to the season. He can’t possibly be that stubborn and obtuse.

Smith will go out for Morris, who had a very productive freshen up in the reserves. Morris has played 10 games and his return is:
14 Goals
18 Inside 50’s
5 Goal Assists

We missed him.

Ryan Lester’s game tally will change from 198 to 199.
#LesterArmy #Lester200 #Lesternista #FrogMarch #LesterCompulsiveDisorder #LesterFiveYearDeal #Lesterism #Lesterites #LesterDynasty #LesterBreaksLines #LesterInterceptMarkKing #LesterSpeedMachine #YouveBeenTackledByLester
#LesterWonItForUs

On Henry, I didn't think he was terrible, but was understandably caught out by the pace. But I though he showed enough as a ruck who can pinch hit forward in future years. Just not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back