Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion Round 20, Pineapple Grapple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith out, he has Fullerton vibes to me. I don't see a big first grade career for him.

Morris back into the 23. I think that's our best at the moment. Would really like to see Bruuuce play full games. Keep him ready. Maybe Fletcher sub or even Morris.

Andrews going down with concussion would make it interesting. Joyce to King, and I think Lester could handle the young Jed Walter. Lukosious an interesting match up, maybe Starce or bring in Prior or Answerth to run with him. I don't think we need to panic. I would like to see Prior get a run if Andrews is out, I imagine he's had to play tall a bit in the ressies lately. But it wouldn't surprise me if Fages brought McKenna back and left Joyce, Lester and Brain to handle the Suns talls. And to be honest they could probably do it.

Smith out, he has Fullerton vibes to me. I don't see a big first grade career for him.

Morris back into the 23. I think that's our best at the moment. Would really like to see Bruuuce play full games. Keep him ready. Maybe Fletcher sub or even Morris.

Andrews going down with concussion would make it interesting. Joyce to King, and I think Lester could handle the young Jed Walter. Lukosious an interesting match up, maybe Starce or bring in Prior or Answerth to run with him. I don't think we need to panic. I would like to see Prior get a run if Andrews is out, I imagine he's had to play tall a bit in the ressies lately. But it wouldn't surprise me if Fages brought McKenna back and left Joyce, Lester and Brain to handle the Suns talls. And to be honest they could probably do it.

Smith will take over the ruck from Oscar

Lose so much intercepting ability (obviously) if Harris does miss. Hopefully he’ll be ok, but his inclusion could make or break our chances in this game. Would put a lot of pressure back on the mids to step up after not being at their best today, to help out the undermanned defence.

Smith will take over the ruck from Oscar
That may be another option we can try if Andrews is unavailable. Henry, here's your opportunity son, go full throttle on Moyle. Jump as high as you want, drive your knee into anyone who comes in the way and enjoy being first ruck for bulk of 2 quarters. Soften up Moyle for Big O. In the mean time Big O goes forward and stretches Suns defense.

On Henry, I didn't think he was terrible, but was understandably caught out by the pace. But I though he showed enough as a ruck who can pinch hit forward in future years. Just not yet.

Was a really tough spot to debut. That was a very intense game

As has been previously advertised, he's pretty tidy with his hands. I watched the replay and he got himself to good spots, but either through luck or lack of confidence it didnt quite work for him. Everyone knows young rucks can take a bit, but he's come a long way in the last year. No reason to suspect it shouldn't continue.

As has been previously advertised, he's pretty tidy with his hands. I watched the replay and he got himself to good spots, but either through luck or lack of confidence it didnt quite work for him. Everyone knows young rucks can take a bit, but he's come a long way in the last year. No reason to suspect it shouldn't continue.
I thought he moved ok and it's a lot to ask to have him as a key forward when his natural position is the ruck. We still rucked Daniher so the decision to play Smith at all against this opposition seemed strange.

I found it hard to judge his performance for that reason. For a 21 yr old ruck/fwd in his first game against the clear best team in the comp all year I thought he did fine. He didn’t look completely lost and got to good positions and just couldn’t finish his work which is fine.

Also hard to know the benefit of having another Ruck in the side to help out around the ground and the flow on effect to other parts. It might have just been bc harro was off for a period but O was pushing back into defence when we had it locked in their 50.

I think the decision to rest Morris was a correct one. I don’t think Syds experienced defence is a good matchup for him.

Syd and freos defence are probably the two teams who matchup poorly for Morris imo and you either need to go taller or smaller imo.

No reason for Harris to not play, right?

Passed the HIA and came back on?
Slow to get up after 1st contest back on the ground....delayed concussion perhaps. I hope not but after cheap shot by the happy farmer....who knows what can be happening upstairs.

Let's not base any final judgements on one game from a debutante against the top of ladder side. Same goes for Ryan. I'm sure with a run of games we'd see more of what Henry has shown at the lower level. I think the kid definitely has a future but for now I think Morris is the better option.

Just look at how much better Joyce has looked with a couple of consecutive games under his belt.

Incredibly tough opposition for a young ruck/forward. Im sure if he got to play a few games in a row there'd be some good improvement - the signs are good enough to see there's a potential future. But yeah at this point in the season we hope he doesn't have to play the rest of the year.

Morris has had the freshen up and can step straight back up.

If Harris pulls up badly (was a big hit to the ribs), then I'm torn between the three options:
  • send Hipwood back and bring Morris in
  • debut ZZ (sounds like he is rawer than Smith)
  • go small with Prior

I feel like that win today does allow us to take a bit of a risk next week if Andrews is out. GC are very hard to beat at home this year and of course if anyone can do it, its us but the win today does make next week important but not critical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slow to get up after 1st contest back on the ground....delayed concussion perhaps. I hope not but after cheap shot by the happy farmer....who knows what can be happening upstairs.
I think it might have more to do with the last contest he committed to with about 40 seconds to go. Pretty heavy collision what i can remember of it.

I'm a bit concerned with Andrews being unavailable for next week. Watching the Fox telecast after the win, they showed Charlie Cameron in the corridor before entering the change rooms and you can see Andrews forward of him for a brief second heading in another direction by himself. After this he wasn't involved in the Team song in the rooms going by the vision.

I think it might have more to do with the last contest he committed to with about 40 seconds to go. Pretty heavy collision what i can remember of it.
That's the one I am referring to....I have covid so listened on radio but saw that on final 2 mins clip.

Ours - Smith - no brainer, over awed and disrupted our structure through no fault of his own.

In - Morris - X factor or Dev

If Harris is out based on reports here; re-jig the back line and play Prior although Joyce on King is a worry and despite Kings putrid game against Giants, you just know he’ll do something. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Suns try going taller up forward if Harris is out and stretch us.

If Harris is out, I'd like to see Hipwood go back, Oscar & Fort to alternate between the ruck & forward line. Leave Joe up forward all game.

If Harris is out and we go down there and win it, that’s even more of a statement than the Sydney win we just pulled off. GC are world beaters at home and we’d have to be the first team to beat them there this year. So if we go win against WC in Perth post-coach sacking, win against Sydney then win against GC on the GC, there no bigger statement to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back