Status
Not open for further replies.

Squizz89

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well there will be at least one change with Starce to miss. I wonder if Brain or Beecken will get the nod. Don't mind either which way they go there, will be good to see either.

It also looked like Payne was hobbling a bit with the foot in the last quarter yesterday, which isn't overly surprising but I wonder if they'll take him on the long trip to Perth. Whilst Eagles aren't great obviously, they still have a relatively strong tall set up in their forward line so will be interesting to see if we take him or not.

Last edited:
Out: Starce
In: Brain

I think keep is simple. Motty might have to run with Liam Ryan a bit in Starce's absence (presuming that is who Starce would have gone to).

Brain for Starcevich

Morris starts, Reville the sub
That would 100% be my changes.

Its also again a game I'd consider resting players if a bit banged up. Long flight and hard ground might be a bit much for Payne. So could go for Joyce again.

Charlie also coped a battering. Not sure who we would bring in for him but a freshen up might help him

That would 100% be my changes.

Its also again a game I'd consider resting players if a bit banged up. Long flight and hard ground might be a bit much for Payne. So could go for Joyce again.

Charlie also coped a battering. Not sure who we would bring in for him but a freshen up might help him

Resting players sounds good in theory but the club doesn't do it

Brain for Starcevich

Morris starts, Reville the sub

I'd make Morris sub again tbh. Its not my favourite sub choice but I think we should try to use Reville's kicking to exploit WCE early and try to win the game in the first quarter.

I'd make Morris sub again tbh. Its not my favourite sub choice but I think we should try to use Reville's kicking to exploit WCE early and try to win the game in the first quarter.

Looks like Gov might miss but it's a bit of a chicken-egg situation

On the weekend we couldn't fully get our transition going and if Hipwood or Joe got the ball up the field we didn't have enough height down the field to have the confidence to go long

West Coast will probably allow us to get our ball movement game going but if they can shut it down then their intercept defenders could have a field day

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but I'm all over this. Work solidly in the first half, maintain it in the 3rd and hopefully all players can have a bit of a training run in the final quarter. i'm perfectly happy if we're able to build a lead and then the 2nd half is a bore-fest kick to kick. Get the points, come home without injuries.

Edit: I would also be happy if we had the kind of training run we had against the Tigers earlier in the season!

I hope the Eagles persist with Adam Simpson for at least another week. Last thing we need is an Eagles team that's been released of all responsibility and allowed to just play...

Out- Brandon Starcevich(conc).

In- Shadeau Brain.

If- Jack Payne(foot?) > Darragh Joyce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure we in a position to be resting players, Eagles over there not going to be the training run some on here are suggesting. We are playing well but hardly flying, give a sucker and even break and can go to the shit real quick.
The thing I don't like is that they've lost 6 in a row since their epic win against Melbourne and now back on their home deck with apparently Simmo's head on the block against a team that can be flakey in away games.

We can't afford to drop this game now and need to set the tone early so they don't get a sniff that an heroic victory could be on.

Im not sure we in a position to be resting players, Eagles over there not going to be the training run some on here are suggesting. We are playing well but hardly flying, give a sucker and even break and can go to the shit real quick.
Im not sure we are either but its also one of the best chances to rest players. Long trip against a poor (but improving team). Definitely a hard thing for the coaches to balance making finals but too battered to do anything versus risking not making it but being in a better condition.

Our coaches have shown us rotate the subs the last 2 or 3 weeks. So they are considering the need to rest the younger guys at the moment

Yep.

They are in bad form but about to have a week of the media blowtorch. Oscar Allen back in form so if they get reasonable supply it’s easy to see a winning score with Allen / Waterman / Ryan.

It’s such an up and down season.

How many people think the jack payne limp was happening? I didn’t notice but kids were chaos so wasn’t watching closely.

Would seem odd for him to have been iffy given we are generally cautious.

I always found the resting of players an funny thing! I always image my workplace, got a big project on or presentation or something coming up.......hey mate - take next week off and rest up - need you fresh for the week after...…

I always found the resting of players an funny thing! I always image my workplace, got a big project on or presentation or something coming up.......hey mate - take next week off and rest up - need you fresh for the week after...…
The irony is that this is exactly what a healthy work life balance in work places would look like. Just been grinding for 3-6 months to deliver some massive project? Take a week or two off to recover so you can mentally reset.

If people had this mentality life wouldn't feel like a massive grind for so many.

They only rest the star workers

Yep.

They are in bad form but about to have a week of the media blowtorch. Oscar Allen back in form so if they get reasonable supply it’s easy to see a winning score with Allen / Waterman / Ryan.

It’s such an up and down season.

How many people think the jack payne limp was happening? I didn’t notice but kids were chaos so wasn’t watching closely.

Would seem odd for him to have been iffy given we are generally cautious.
Big footy- I think someone mentioned he may have been limping - now it’s a thing.

Who comes in for Starch.

Brain: Three games all as starting sub.
Crows: 4 D, 3 M, 2 T.
Tigers: 8 D, 4 M, 0 T. His best game but the Tigers are bottom of the ladder.
Port: 4 D, 3 M, 0 T.

Prior: More experienced but likely to be delisted at the end of the year.
Subbed off against the Crows in R9 being his only game in 2024. Had 8 disposals and 5 marks.

Michael, Torrent don't think they are ahead of Brain/Prior. Beecken not his normal role.

Reville had a quiet game so he could be sub.

What may happen is Fletcher stays at HB and plays a role.
Brain in as sub again and Morris regains his forward spot.

Ryan Lester will change from 196 senior games to 197 senior games after the West Coast Eagles game.

Ryan Lester will change from 196 senior games to 197 senior games after the West Coast Eagles game.
What? He will only go up one game?

In all seriousness, if he can get to 200 in the next few weeks I hope the Club give him all the credit he deserves.
Would have seemed like a very unlikely milestone 5 years ago for him and most the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back