Changes for Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

INS: Presti, Medhurst, Wellingham
OUTS: Brown/Reid, Macaffer, O'Bree

Agreed, provided they are all fit. And out of Brown and Reid I'd keep Reid. I really like the kid. I think the future of our backline looks a lot better than I'd have given it credit for a month ago.

B: O'Brien - Prestigiacomo - Reid
HB: Shaw - N. Brown - Maxwell
C: Thomas - Swan - Johnson
HF: Didak - Cloke - Beams
F: Davis - Dawes - Anthony
FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Ball
INT: Sidebottom - O'Bree - Toovey - Wood​

In: Presti, Wellingham, Medhurst.

Out: Reid, Macaffer, Anthony.

Reid unlucky. Either of him or Brown could go out.

No need for 3 talls. We would get exposed with three talls by a good side like Geelong. Need Medhursts defensive pressure.

Perfect changes right there, all of them are better players than the ones coming out of the side.

Reid and Caff would be very stiff to miss out, expecially taking caff out before obree *shudder*...but you cant knock cheesy for his game over the weekend and he should play against the cats.

The only reason youd consider leaving JA is he would make one of the Geelong defenders accountable. Say taylor goes to cloke and Scarlett to Dawes, then you have anthony who theyd need to match up on, so they could lose some run out of defense?

Just a theory though

I reckon you guys will win this week & the $2.20 the TAB just released is great value--but, you'd want to play Medhurst IMO & probably Wellingham.

Medhurst would be a much tougher match up than J.Anthony for geel & let's not forget Medhurst is an AA class player when right.

I reckon you guys will win this week & the $2.20 the TAB just released is great value--but, you'd want to play Medhurst IMO & probably Wellingham.

Medhurst would be a much tougher match up than J.Anthony for geel & let's not forget Medhurst is an AA class player when right.

both will play if fit

the question is who we'll drop for Wellingham...
the logical choice is O'Bree, but he did play quite well last week...

Not sure if it's such a great idea to swap Wellingham for Macaffer, it'll leave us one 'utility' short

Our side on the weekend. note: bold names mean players not in our best 22 according to HS

Shaw Reid B.Johnson
Harry O Maxwell Toovey
Ball D.Swan Sidebottom
Beams Anthony Davis
Jolly Pendles Thomas
N.Brown Dawes Macaffer Wood

herald sun's rating of our best squad. Note: bold names are players who didnt play on the weekend and are in our best 22 according to HS

Shaw Presti B.Johnson
Harry O Maxwell Toovey
Ball D.Swan Sidebottom
Beams Fraser Davis
Jolly Pendles Thomas
Int: Wellingham Medhurst Lockyer L.Brown

Our side on the weekend. note: bold names mean players not in our best 22 according to HS

Shaw Reid B.Johnson
Harry O Maxwell Toovey
Ball D.Swan Sidebottom
Beams Anthony Davis
Jolly Pendles Thomas

herald sun's rating of our best squad. Note: bold names are players who didnt play on the weekend and are in our best 22 according to HS

Shaw Presti B.Johnson
Harry O Maxwell Toovey
Ball D.Swan Sidebottom
Beams Fraser Davis
Jolly Pendles Thomas

Leroy in best 22! Who compiled that list - Scott Gullan?

I honestly believe this game will be won or lost at selection IMO.

This is why:

We need to get the match-ups right. Now I'm content with the head-to-head match-ups of the midfield and our medium/small defenders vs the Geelong medium/small forwards.

However, the area of the ground where I think it will be won or lost is in both 50m arcs.

Firstly, on our defence vs their attack. They are most likely going to have 3 tall power forwards in Pods, Mooney and Hawkins. As it stands we only have 2 key defenders in Reid and Brown. It is almost a certainty that Presti is going to be required for the old "horses for courses" approach, therefore someone other than Reid or Brown have to miss.

Secondly, our tall forwards vs their key backs. Geelong have Scarlett, Lonergan and Taylor- again 3 key talls this time at the defensive post. At the moment, we have Jack, Cloke and Dawes- (if all play, the match-ups here are obvious). However, we have Medhurst to bring back in too. Again. who goes out? Can we afford to have these 3 talls and allow Medders to perhaps get a match-up he could expose i.e. Josh Hunt/Andrew Mackie or do one of those talls miss for him?

Lastly, we have Wellingham (if fit) available again. Same scenario, who misses? O'Bree seems like the obvious choice but I don't think it will be that easy.

Going to be a very tough week.

Playing a geelong team without Ottens and corey means we should expect to win...However, we aren't going to have our best team together just cos we're playing geelong...save that for the finals!

Mick will continue the rotation policy which means

In: Presti, Wellingham

Out: Brown, O'Bree(or another mid who might need a rest)

Medhurst to play vfl for a couple of weeks before returning at dawes' expense...

Lockyer in for macaffer is a chance this week but prob the week after..they are both just warming the seat until dick comes back to take over from both of them for a month...

Ins:

I think Brown and Reid will hold their spots, and Presti will still come in. Don't forget they have Hawkins, Mooney and Podsiadly will probably return. 3 Talls Vs # Talls.

Wellingham will come in if fit, so will Medhurst (although not a sure thing)

Others of Interest = Leigh Brown (can't ignore good form), Dick (unlikely though) and Fraser (IMO better than Wood)

Outs:

Very Tough Call!

Perhaps Anthony? If Medhurt is right or even for Leigh Brown

Others = Macaffer (might need more experience for the big game, also maybe time to rest him just to keep players fresh), Wood?

My Ins & Outs:

IN: Prestigiacomo, Wellingham, Fraser
OUT: Reid, Macaffer, Wood

I think that while Reid has been in really good form, he still shows signs of uncertainty when he goes to ground (which is alot of the time!), Sharrod will be right i hope and if not Macaffer should hold his spot. I also would rther see Fraser get the Nod over Wood. Bigger Body plus Wood has not been solid at all :s

But i bet none of these happen :D lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaw Reid B.Johnson
Harry O Maxwell Toovey
Ball D.Swan Sidebottom
Beams Anthony Davis
Jolly Pendles Thomas

Shaw Presti B.Johnson
Harry O Maxwell Toovey
Ball D.Swan Sidebottom
Beams Fraser Davis
Jolly Pendles Thomas

Tradedraft will explode when he reads this... Dawes???

goodness me Dave

Shaw Reid B.Johnson
Harry O Maxwell Toovey
Ball D.Swan Sidebottom
Beams Anthony Davis
Jolly Pendles Thomas

Shaw Presti B.Johnson
Harry O Maxwell Toovey
Ball D.Swan Sidebottom
Beams Fraser Davis
Jolly Pendles Thomas

We have no half-forward lines in these squads.
I'm glad MM doesn't use the HUN to help him pick his squads :thumbsu:

My first post here at bigfooty!

IN: Presti, L Brown, Wellingham
OUT: N Brown, Anthony, Macaffer

Presti should be good this week after his 'rest' in the VFL, so a straight swap for Brown. Wellingham has been great this season while Macaffer has been serviceable so far but not much more. Leigh Brown comes in as the third tall for Anthony due to his versatility and good form. I also recall him being one of our best against the cats in the prelim last year, so he gets the nod.

My first post here at bigfooty!

IN: Presti, L Brown, Wellingham
OUT: N Brown, Anthony, Macaffer

Presti should be good this week after his 'rest' in the VFL, so a straight swap for Brown. Wellingham has been great this season while Macaffer has been serviceable so far but not much more. Leigh Brown comes in as the third tall for Anthony due to his versatility and good form. I also recall him being one of our best against the cats in the prelim last year, so he gets the nod.

Err, what?

Sorry but Medhurst is miles ahead of selection than Leroy.

In fact, we do not need Leroy anymore considering Dawesy has taken over his spot in the team.

In my opinion, the definite changes should be:

IN: Presti, Wellingham
OUT: Brown/Reid, Macaffer

The Wellingham has been a star, we need him back ASAP!!! Presti will need to come back as the cats will be playing Mooney, Hawkins and J.Pods so need big bods to play on them.

The tougher decision is Medhurst for Jack. Unfortunately don't think Jack did enough with his opportunity last week to stake a claim this week, even though I'm a fan and want him back to his best.

I've been a big fan of Tarks over the years so wouldn't mind him getting back to his best. It's gonna be tough to break in though!!

In Medhurst, Presti, Wellingham
Out Reid, Obree and Macaffer
I keep Brown better match up on Mooney or Hawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back