Changes for Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Why?
He is shit

Exactly! How can he even come back in without proving he has fixed his problems. Makes even less sence to rest him for the next shield match before Perth. Stupid selectors

Anyone taking bets on whether the series ends up 2-0, 3-0 or 4-0?

The only thing likely to stop the poms is the probability of Sydney and/or Melbourne being washed out.

3-0 because too much rain. Even we should be able to last 3 days?

If Warne comes back I will not watch one ball of the test and I have sat up until at least tea break of all ashes games in England since 1970s.

If they do I would suggest bring back Hayden and Langer as well as the Don. He might be a bit mouldy but would still beat North. Also drag in Thommo and Terry Alderman.

Fair dinkum the selectors and CA are just a pack off losers

Will Shane Warne win us the series? My call is no therefore all we are doing is prolonging the inevitable. Stop fartarsing around and start rebuilding now. Every test we delay adds another test or two onto the date when we are on top again.

The ACB want Warnie back?

Tell 'Em they are Dreamin.

The%20Castle.jpg

why not bring McGrath and the Waugh bros back too, while you are there.

Maybe we can all get into a time machine and go back in time.

Steve Smith looks in.

4/57 in the first innings, and 2/44 already in the second.

And even though Hauritz got that century he has yet to take a scalp all match.

And I'm intrigued further by Trent Copeland. His record so far in first class cricket is outstanding, he is 24, and looks to be by far the best NSW quick in this game against SA, outperforming both Mark Cameron who got a gig for Aus A and Stuart Clark.

So at this stage I liked Smith in for Doherty, probably a better chance of a wicket and batting at 8 would be fantastic.

Copeland to debut for one of Bollinger or Siddle, dunno how the quicks would work come Perth, it seems only Harris warrants selection. Does Johnson and/or Hilfenhaus come back?

And then it's either Khawaja or perhaps Shaun Marsh if he gets runs this week in for North

Hughes for Katich looks over the line already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised at the amount of people suggesting Smith to come in and bat 8 as part of a 4 man attack. Australia are one down in the series and they aren't going to solve their wicket taking issues by bringing in a batting allrounder to improve their tail. If Smith plays, it surely has to be at 6/7 with 4 pacemen.

Hauritz and Doherty both have 11 wickets so far in the Shield this season, yet consensus seems to be that Smith is a better wicket-taking spinner than both so it's a direct swap.

At this stage his batting could be seen as a bonus. I'm not convinced we have a Cameron White Mk. II on our hands here, ie a promising leggie becomes a full time middle order batsman.

Johnson will be hit to all parts of not only Perth but all parts of Western Australia if he plays. And it's a pretty large state. Perth favours pace bowlers but destroys pace bowlers who get carried away like ********s with short bowling. Based on recent form, (i.e. nearly his whole career) Johnson will get carried away like a ********. Picking him and not picking Hilfy, who originally was and still is our best bowler, would be stupid.

I think we should call the 2006/07 side out of retirement. I am pretty certain that they would be better than the current side. If my memory serves me correct, the line-up for the first Test at the Gabba was:

Justin Langer
Matt Hayden
Ricky Ponting
Damien Martyn
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Stuart Clark
Glenn McGrath

Smith seems to be the more likely to take a wicket of the spinners, this comes with expensive figures at times. If I had my way I'd go

Watson
Hughes
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Smith (I rate his batting enough but can move down to 7)
Haddin
O'Keefe
Copeland
Harris
Bollinger if fit else Siddle

Hilfenhaus next in line, if we must play Johnson then that would be over an unfit Bollinger.

I think we should call the 2006/07 side out of retirement. I am pretty certain that they would be better than the current side. If my memory serves me correct, the line-up for the first Test at the Gabba was:

Justin Langer
Matt Hayden
Ricky Ponting
Damien Martyn
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Stuart Clark
Glenn McGrath
Marto'd triple-ton up.

Hauritz and Doherty both have 11 wickets so far in the Shield this season, yet consensus seems to be that Smith is a better wicket-taking spinner than both so it's a direct swap.

At this stage his batting could be seen as a bonus. I'm not convinced we have a Cameron White Mk. II on our hands here, ie a promising leggie becomes a full time middle order batsman.

O'Keefe is a better bowler than all three.

O'Keefe is the best bowler by far.

If Steve Smith goes into the WACA test, he will go for 0- 450 in both innings.

Smith won't come in for Doherty.

It's either for North or it's not at all.

It's either Hauritz or a paceman for Doherty or Doherty keeps his place.

There is no way the selectors will replace Doherty with someone who won't be any better in the wicket taking column. It would be a backwards move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back