Changes For Rd 4-eagles (subi)

Remove this Banner Ad

By the reports, great news!

BEST:
Werribee: Power Griffen Murphy Robbins Koops Morgan

Werribee: Robbins 5 Koops 4 Street 4 Podsiadly 3 Walsh 3 Griffen 2 Ray Power Murphy Morgan

I'd say.

OUT: Harris, Harrison, Bandy, Faulkner, Hargrave
IN: Robbins, Koops, Minson, Street, Walsh, Griffen, Morgan, Power

With the percentages of a win at subiaco slim and the following week following a similar trend, We could be 1-5 with the season looking dodgy.It is the perfect opportunity to give the young blokes a go. Any player that is not 100 percent next week should stay home. And get ready for the following week.
Also included in the ommitions would be players that have been down in recent weeks, bandy etc run them in the ressies get some confidence back.

Who knows if the young blokes want to keep a spot in the team they might show something. I would much rather watch young blokes having a dip, gain some experience and lose, than watch experienced blokes choke and lose.

I'd like to bring in Minson, Skipper & Street to replace Bandy, Harris & Harrison. Minser & Street to do the bulk of the around ground ruck work, giving Darce some relief .....and allow hime to play as a semi permanent forward.
Give skipper an opportunity to play CHB, Rawlings at FB, and Grany on the 3rd tall

SirBloodyIdiot said:
By the reports, great news!

BEST:
Werribee: Power Griffen Murphy Robbins Koops Morgan

Werribee: Robbins 5 Koops 4 Street 4 Podsiadly 3 Walsh 3 Griffen 2 Ray Power Murphy Morgan

I'd say.

OUT: Harris, Harrison, Bandy, Faulkner, Hargrave
IN: Robbins, Koops, Minson, Street, Walsh, Griffen, Morgan, Power

Your a tough man SBI because I cant see why you would drop Hargrave.

Its early but I think I would look to add:
Morgan, Minson, Koops, Robbins and either Power or Ray.

I suspect there might only be a maximum of 4 changes though.

OldSchool said:
Your a tough man SBI because I cant see why you would drop Hargrave.

Its early but I think I would look to add:
Morgan, Minson, Koops, Robbins and either Power or Ray.

I suspect there might only be a maximum of 4 changes though.

Well, that Hargrave spot could be anyone, but he didn't play all that well today.

I really think we need some big changes, and fast.

If the selectors go with half a dozen changes they'll have my support.

We're not a premiership contender, at this stage we're not even going to have much say in the make-up of the eight. A coach only gets a narrow window of opportunity to makes substantial change...that's now Rocket.
Make the changes, shake the side up.

We've nothing to lose but a future.

I thought Faulkner did pretty well yesterday. I'm surprised so many picked him to be left out.

Harris, Harrison and Bandy. You'd expect Morgan and Minson to come in. Don't know about the third. Maybe they might give that 3rd spot to a rookie.

G-Mo77 said:
I thought Faulkner did pretty well yesterday. I'm surprised so many picked him to be left out.

Harris, Harrison and Bandy. You'd expect Morgan and Minson to come in. Don't know about the third. Maybe they might give that 3rd spot to a rookie.

I totally agree with Faulkner, I thought his attack on the ball was top class, he needs to get games under his belt so keep playing him, he has good goal sense and with time he will learn to use his disposal better. I am against dropping Cam, would love to see him crumb in a tall forward line set up.

Dog 36 said:
would love to see him crumb in a tall forward line set up.

Which does not happen. If we had a tall forward line he may be more valuable to this team. Because we are going short maybe he is not needed? I think that could be a reason for leaving him out of the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red White Blue said:
I'd like to bring in Minson, Skipper & Street to replace Bandy, Harris & Harrison. Minser & Street to do the bulk of the around ground ruck work, giving Darce some relief .....and allow hime to play as a semi permanent forward.
Give skipper an opportunity to play CHB, Rawlings at FB, and Grany on the 3rd tall
do u know how fast the eagles are, and how big subiaco is?? we havent bought in another ruckman all year, so why do it in this game? should bring one of them in the following week at telstra dome. subiaco is not the place to do it at, against the eagles.

Dog 36 said:
I totally agree with Faulkner, I thought his attack on the ball was top class, he needs to get games under his belt so keep playing him, he has good goal sense and with time he will learn to use his disposal better. I am against dropping Cam, would love to see him crumb in a tall forward line set up.
Yeah totally agree no way should eade drop him i think this should be
Out- harris harrison bandy hargrave
In-Morgan(replace harris) power (30 somthing touches) Minson( he has skill personally put him full forward swap with darcy and bowden chf) griffen( gotta give him a run)

Morgan for Harris to play FB

Koops for Hargreave to play HBF or HFF (Hargreave is not up to it)

Griffen for Faulkner to play MF/Forward (Faulkner is a real disappointment)

Williams for Harrison. He is ready from what I have seen. If Hawthorn can play Roughhead and Franklin we can play Williams. He can start on the bench.

Minson or Street for Bandy and rest and rotate him with Darcy at FF.

Give Power one more game in the VFL but great to see him respond positively after being dropped.

Robbins kicked 5 for Werribee but where would he play in the ones? Don't think he should play back ever again

Ray was stiff as he got limited ground time in the first two weeks the was dropped. Hope he gets back soon.

doggies said:
do u know how fast the eagles are, and how big subiaco is?? we havent bought in another ruckman all year, so why do it in this game? should bring one of them in the following week at telstra dome. subiaco is not the place to do it at, against the eagles.

agree again,

something tells me that our man bandy will stay because it's at suby,
morgan for harris, koops for harrison, robbins for someone else, haven't figured out who yet but definately not faulkner, perhaps johno if his ankle doens't come up, or smith if he's still ill. I think these 3 are dead certs and must come in. You'd be mad to drop faulkner just as he starts to improve, that's crazy talk, besides eade has said he will keep playing him.
From memory the weagles have a few talls up forward, interesting to see how we line up.

lukedarcy14 said:
Yeah totally agree no way should eade drop him i think this should be
Out- harris harrison bandy hargrave
In-Morgan(replace harris) power (30 somthing touches) Minson( he has skill personally put him full forward swap with darcy and bowden chf) griffen( gotta give him a run)
Drop 4 bigger guys and replace them with 2 talls and 2 midfielders?

In a team that desperately lacks size?

If you forget about who played on Sunday and just pick a side by working through the positions it is interesting to see the results (rather than picking at the edges with ins and outs) This is my team for Perth.

Start with the midfield
* Darcy (picks himself)
* Cooney (most talented midfielder on the list)
* West (smartest operator)
* Cross (currently best bet as a tagger)

Full Forward line
* Faulkner (defensive pressure is good, workrate is good, his teammates need to start using him more)
* Walsh (time for the big kid to get a chance, natural forward)
* Smith (leading target)

Half forwards
* Bowden (smart footballer who works well up to the wing)
* Grant (straighten us up, a level head up forward)
* Johnson (bet small forward in the comp)

Wing
* Eagleton (works hard and deserves his spot)
* Gia (has the smarts to play this position well)

Half Back
* Murphy (plays tall or small - versatile)
* Rawlings (a ready made CHB)
* Gilbee (need his skill coming out of the backline)

Full Back
* Shaggy (plays tall or small - versatile)
* Williams (has the attributes to hold this spot down)
* McMahon (takes best small forward)

Bench
* Minson (best next ruckman come forward)
* Power (versatility)
* Hahn (hardness and game breaking ability)
* Birss (hardness and run)

Robbins is going to give us plenty when he comes back in.He can play the same role Johnson has been playing aswell as going into the midfield and will give plenty of defensive pressure but the major factor is he is a bloody brilliant set shot for goal.I honestly think we are a real chance this week if we can get it right.We are playing a game absolutely built on running and subiaco suits us to the ground.The eagles are coming off a derby and will not be as up as last week.Some match ups will be crucial.

When it comes to crunch, Robbo is clearly in the best 22. At this point, he is simply a better player than Boyd and Faulkner (not that I'm suggesting they should both be dropped) and his form is good. I'd like to see him in.

Koopsy has shown good form and has played at Subiaco for seven years of his career. May help with defensive pressure in the forward line.

Morgan is our only real back up full back, so he picks himself.

Power probably needs another week. Minson may be considered. I'd love to ditch Bandy for him, but the size of the Subi ground may save Bandy. On his last chance though!

I'd love to see Walshy get a run now though. His confidence would be up after those three last quarter goals. He is not a defender, so it's no suprise he didn't do well there, but it might help to send him in. At the very least it will give him more confidence at Werribee. Something tells me Eade is about ready to throw him in too, given his post-match comments.

What I'd like:
Out - Harris, Harrison, Boyd/Faulkner, Bandy
In - Morgo, Koopsy, Robbo, Walsh

I doubt there will be four changes though.

Morgan is the logical successor to Harris. Whatever intention Eade might have had of playing Grant as the goalsquare target went out the window with the loss of Harris and his son. I'm tipping the introduction of Walsh and Wight over the next few weeks, perhaps even this week, one at the expense of Bandy.

The Eagles have a great running midfield but they also have some big players as well. I think we will need some height to counter that. The Eagles tall blokes are also strong bodied so I worry about how we will go against them.

People are a bit harsh on Robbo here. Not to get a run ever again? He's a capable small forward and defender.

Anja_Nees said:
I'd love to ditch Bandy for him, but the size of the Subi ground may save Bandy. On his last chance though!

Bandy has had his last chance. This bloke is a DUD !

He effectively did nothing against Melbourne, then he kicks one flukey goal against Richmond which only compensates for 1 of the 10 times he turned over the ball through basic skill errors and stupid decisions.

He single handedly kept Richmond in the game and then handed them a team lifting goal by scooping the ball in the middle of the ground. Simply unforgiveable.

I don't blame Bandy for his display, it's not his fault that the match committee lacked the savvy to see that he's not up to it. Minson should of played against Richmond and we probably would of won. Despite all the errors other team mates committed, Bandy was by far the worst culprit.

Minson, Morgan, Robbins and Koops should play in Perth for starters. I would also name Power and Griffen.
Drop Bandy and Faulkner (like him but either Robbins/Koops would be better options), Harris and Harrison out due to injuries.

Hargrave and Smith need to play well against the Eagles or they will be in the firing line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes For Rd 4-eagles (subi)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back