Changes for Round 2 v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Great first win for sure, but the young fellows will be in and out of the team as needed, and this is the way it should be.
We can't expect Garlett, Joseph and Jacobs making the seniors every week from here on in. (Robinson may well be the exception though)
We will have Walker, Stevens and Grigg in our best 22 and Browne, Carrazzo, Armfield and Fisher not far behind also and when the occasional injury comes along the young guys will come in.

Oh, we do still have Yarran too.
I am sure we will see him in our side from time to time as well.

We are heading towards a time of even better player management in terms of how many games a player should play throughout the year. I believe that a rotation policy will start coming into effect over the coming years in order to keep the overall team in the best shape possible to attain just one thing: The Premiership Cup.

Oh, and let's not get too carried away thinking we have 36 superstars just yet, but having said that it is evident that our depth will reach truly awesome status.
Maybe no changes? If it aint broke dont fix it! Grigga, maybe to come back in for a suspended blue? Give it a week, think we will beat the lions but will have a few players lose their intensity after such a big start, then Walks and co, can mosey on in!

Whats wrong with Waite on Brown??

Nothing, but Carlos has done some decent jobs on him in the past (also got toweled up by him too IIRC), it was just a thought:

Any chance Carlos will get a call up to take Brown?

Bower was very good on Bradshaw in round 21 but Brown toweled up Waitey for three quarters until T-Bird stifled his influence in the fourth.

Maybe no changes? If it aint broke dont fix it! Grigga, maybe to come back in for a suspended blue? Give it a week, think we will beat the lions but will have a few players lose their intensity after such a big start, then Walks and co, can mosey on in!

Walker and Grigg would be pretty hard to keep out

Watching the WCE v Bears,
and the teddys have had a ton of the ball,
the same 2 are the goalscorers,
but they waste the pill.

Do you even watch the game, you primate??

Hooper kicks 2 in the first ten minutes of the the third quarter,
3 for the match.

And they kick 9 for the quarter.
Take off your beer goggles.

Russell turned the ball over way too many times and didn't do much. He will be out for Walker straight up.

Johnson won't be going anywhere, anyone who says he got towled up needs to take another look at the 3rd quarter.

Grigg may come in for Joseph, but I don't rate Grigg all that much so it will be a call for the match committee I guess.

Fisher in for Cloke, he will get a week at least for his bump on Cousins.

Yarran will come in for Garlett eventually, when he is fit enough to play a full game.

The big question is who goes for Stevo next week?
mate you need yr head read. have you had ya head in a bin or something:eek:

JR will stay in the side and have first crack at Johnstone...

A good challenge for Russell to his round 21 game up after Johnstone.

Jonathon Brown limping according to a Brisbane supporter, but he'll run it off and carry an injury like Fevola.

Grigg will replace Garlett if he's fit.

Walker will have to wait another week.

I can see Walker replacing Robinson and giving us more variety with his versatility and athleticism.

Joseph will play on Hooper.

Waite to Dalziell. :)

Watching the WCE v Bears,
and the teddys have had a ton of the ball,
the same 2 are the goalscorers,
but they waste the pill.

Do you even watch the game, you primate??

Hooper kicks 2 in the first ten minutes of the the third quarter,
3 for the match.

And they kick 9 for the quarter.
Take off your beer goggles.

are you talking to yourself :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching the Brisbane/West Coast match I don't think Russell or Joseph will get dropped. Russell will need to play a shutdown role on Trav Johnston who had a blinder tonight and AJ will need to try keep Rhan Hooper quiet. Murphy head-to-head with Black if he comes back in next week and Grigg will be up against Dalziell.

Johnson looked very uncomfortable and panicky playing in the Blues's defence - Morton spanked him. He has good disposal, but is a meek defender...I'd think Walker is a much better option

how could you drop any of them :D

"Me and Aaron Joseph are pretty close because we're both Tassie boys and we've been talking about it all week since we found out on Monday," Robinson said.

"And Jefferey Garlett, he's always at my house because I live with Eddie Betts, and Sammy Jacobs is always around the club.

"It's good to have that same feeling with the other boys. I'll share it for the rest of my life with them, I reckon.

"They are a great bunch of blokes and they deserve a spot because they played well in the NAB Cup."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25253066-19762,00.html

History would suggest there will be no changes. Sides just don't drop people after 83 points wins, it sends the wrong message.

Having said that, if the MC really wants to bring Grigg and Walker in, it would be for Simpson and Garlett respectively.

And that's got nothing to do with Simpson's possible report, and everything to do with his 59% disposal efficiency and 6 clangers.

Spot on! Simpson is a great player but had a shocker. This year your not an automatic selection on reputation. Walks (especially) and Grigg must come in.

JR although improving is no longer in our best 22 if everyone is fit. Walls made a good comment that guys like him and chief need to improve or they will be left out. Chief is stepping up but I have ? on Russell if it means Walks and Grigg miss out...

It will definately be difficult to make ins/outs decisions for most of this year. i actually think each of the 22 that played deserve another crack. Having said that as stated many times there are a few who are clearly best 22 and should come straight in.

They are Grigg, Walker and Stevens (after suspension) (and Warnock later in the year)

Then there is Fisher, Yarran, Armfield and Carrazzo who should go through the 2's and earn their spot in that order. Carrazzo is no walk up start for me. In fact I would suggest he is struggling to be in our best 22.

Bentick and Bannister will most likely never play again for the Blues unless we get a run of injuries.

O'Hailpin, I really have no thought on him. Dont see that we need him.

For the 3 best 22's stated above it probably has to be the young blokes at this stage to give way, ie Joseph and Garlett, but I can see both being clsoe to best 22 by year end. This spells danger for Russell (who I rate highly) and Wiggins who probably have to continue the form they showed on Thursday week in week out to keep their spot. For Russell probably needs to play better.

I think Cloke might get the chop, Jarrad Waite/Andrew Walker will replace him up forward as taller targets. Paul Bower to take Bradshaw and Jamison and Thornton to play off Brown.
Cloke has as much chance as being dropped as I have being selected. None!!!!

He's our CHF now, doing well and the reason he's there's is to provide another target we never used to have and has a physical presence we haven't had the for ages.

Johnson looked very uncomfortable and panicky playing in the Blues's defence - Morton spanked him. He has good disposal, but is a meek defender...I'd think Walker is a much better option

Johnson won't be replaced by Walker due to the role that Johnson plays. Johnson has fantastic skills and will be used for kick-outs and the go-to man when coming out of defence whereas Walker can play defence better, but has horrible kicking skills. You need players like Johnson to pin-point targets through the oppositions rolling zone.

Two different players that won't be substituted for one another.

FWIW, I dont think any players outside the 22 that fielded Thursday night are walk-up starts other than Stevens, so I dont think any changes will be made. Although come Round 3 depending on injuries, performance in Round 2, form in the 2's, etc we will start to see players like Grigg, Carrazzo and Walker come back into the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Round 2 v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back