Preview Changes for the Mighty Dogs into the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that the dees will send May to English, and basically rough him up and get physical with him. Try to intimidate him.

Petty will go to naughts, and lever will go to schache or go 3rd man up/intercept whenever he can.

If we can go hard at the matchups, this could lead to an advantage
I really hope the Dees try the hero act they will fall flat on their faces

It’s going to be interesting to see what we do with the Demons defenders given the footage they played on AFL360 last night. We all expect Schache to go to Lever but we may put him on May and get Josh to work him over as a decoy.

In the last game against Melbourne, there was some really good footage on how we worked hard to get Naughton onto Lever. I guess the thought is that Lever is more of an interceptor rather than a one on one defender so by playing Naughton on him it made him really uncomfortable and he wasn’t able to play his own game. Naughton rarely gets outmarked as well.

Essentially Hannan played a decoy role on May. The premise was to seperate their defenders as much as possible to get more one on ones rather than allowing a team defense. We definitely showed our hand with that tactic so it’ll be fascinating to see what both clubs come up with.
I hope all the Hannan critics we’re watching and now appreciate the game is more complex than the believe and Bevo does not play favourites he plays those that can and will play the team game

Other than the vision becoming public, the game winning celebration isnt anything new.

They've been doing it after the coaches post game de-brief for a number of years now.

Even if he put a bit of spicy mayo on them. I can't imagine the terror that the staff member (or player?)who released the vision felt when turning up for work the day after Beveridge's comments.
Remember hearing stories in 2016 about the players stripping down to their undies and dancing to club music after a win.

On one hand, it’s probably why we won.

On the other, it’s probably why 2017-18 happened.

I can dig it.

Something just feels off about May. From his comments post the Geelong win (no way in hell I am missing) to no scans being reportedly undertaken either. If Joel Smith is named as sub look out...

Watching the highlights of the Port game; if VDM is fit he’ll play. Tight call between him & JJ but the latter will probably be the medical sub.

JJ is a better set shot but VDM is in everything and puts the fear into defenders.

No doubt Keith and Weightman in.

With Dunks, Adz and Martin we are a better team than round 19 no matter who the outs are.

Play at near our best we are a better team.

Proud that this team we support and love are in the final dance. In order to beat us the Dee's will have to play at their very best and if they do cudos and fair play to them. Will dip my hat at move on to the future.

We play near our very best with our ins and they do not have the weapons to beat us.

No good worrying about it, enjoy our second Grand Final in 60 years knowing we are right in this. Support the players coaches and all involved until the end. We are still in the early stages of our journey

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No doubt Keith and Weightman in.

With Dunks, Adz and Martin we are a better team than round 19 no matter who the outs are.

Play at near our best we are a better team.

Proud that this team we support and love are in the final dance. In order to beat us the Dee's will have to play at their very best and if they do cudos and fair play to them. Will dip my hat at move on to the future.

We play near our very best with our ins and they do not have the weapons to beat us.

No good worrying about it, enjoy our second Grand Final in 60 years knowing we are right in this. Support the players coaches and all involved until the end. We are still in the early stages of our journey

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree.

It's strange how little many Melbourne supporters seem to think of us.

The general consensus is "if we stuff this up". Not ''if we win". It's almost like they think the only way they lose is if they make errors

Agree.

The general consensus is "if we stuff this up". Not ''if we win". It's almost like they think the only way they lose is if they make errors

That is the general consensus in the media over the years when you lose to the Dogs.
“Credit to the Dogs, they played well BUT ……( insert list of things the opposition did wrong that apparently had nothing to do with us playing well)”. It’s ingrained in the minds of opposition supporters everywhere due to long term passive indoctrination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.

I'm not surprised. They only lost once all year to a side in the top six. That is an incredibly dominant record over the top end of the competition. However, if anyone can beat them its us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not surprised. They only lost once all year to a side in the top six. That is an incredibly dominant record over the top end of the competition. However, if anyone can beat them its us.
They should have lost to Geelong and Shitney in the regular season. Some serious luck in both those games.

Apparently both Goodwin and Yze ate a "raw prawn" only and it's not a virus despite what the media are saying.

Brayshaw apparently has a corkie not an illness
Yeah because you always train seperately with a corkie. Don't get runnning with stories like that he didn't appear to be banged up in the Prelim.
Still got a full week to recover either way he will be fully fit for the match

I was perplexed with the media about our chances of winning against Port, yes we lost our key defender but getting back our ruck made us stronger in the midfield. In the end I was telling myself to get ready for a loss, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that we would win.

Now fast forward to Melbourne I keep telling myself to get ready for a loss, and their are some omens (I saw three land drovers in a row the other day :oops:), I can’t imagine the Dees winning. How is everyone else feeling?

Agree.

There seems to be an element of "we'll win unless the Bulldogs win then we got robbed by the umpires" and there's a genuine fear on the part of those posters since we're the team that they'd want to match up on least in the grand final.

I was perplexed with the media about our chances of winning against Port, yes we lost our key defender but getting back our ruck made us stronger in the midfield. In the end I was telling myself to get ready for a loss, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that we would win.

Now fast forward to Melbourne I keep telling myself to get ready for a loss, and their are some omens (I saw three land drovers in a row the other day :oops:), I can’t imagine the Dees winning. How is everyone else feeling?
I don't know if we will win but I do know we are in this up to our eyeballs. We are a better team now than the one that beat them in 19.

There seems to be an element of "we'll win unless the Bulldogs win then we got robbed by the umpires" and there's a genuine fear on the part of those posters since we're the team that they'd want to match up on least in the grand final.

That's what Port posters were very confidently saying too, and we demolished them despite losing the free kick count. Would love to see that happen again.

Apparently both Goodwin and Yze ate a "raw prawn" only and it's not a virus despite what the media are saying.
You're coaching in an AFL grand final in less than two weeks, you're also wary of the recent Geelong incident yet you look at the menu and go "yeah mate give us the seafood!"

Get on the same level as your players, because you're relaxing far too early fellas. Far, far too early.

I feel pretty good about our prospects. It’s a coin toss game in my view.

I feel a lot better than in the lead up to the Essendon EF when I was filthy and already thinking about off season trades.

If the boys are switched on, we are in for one hell of a match.

Unless they have moved, the other day they were in the city overlooking Langley Park
They are at the Tradewinds hotel in East Freo, not sure if it's the same as the previous week. I guess they will stay on there. One of them said it's the best place they've stayed in - and they've had a lot of comparisons!

Does this bye week kill our momentum?

I know Melbourne had had 2 in relative quick succession.

How has our form been after byes in previous years?
No, people are looking way too far into it with wondering whose gonna have an edge here or there. It’s a grand final with the two best teams everyone’s gonna be on from the first minute

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for the Mighty Dogs into the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back