Preview Changes for the Prelim v Port Adelaide - Sat @7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately keath strained his hammy in the last 2 mins of the game last week, so was always going to miss. Cordy and Gardiner have a lot of weight on their shoulders.

Great to see stef in. Massive change. Let's go dogs

Some perspective.

When we beat them in Adelaide this year.

Keath didn't have much influence.

I would like to see Martin or English do the old Scott Wynd role and drop back to defence and take a few grabs.

View attachment 1230764

Possessions and Fantasy score not how we measure Keath importance. 12 disposals is pretty much his season average and his DT average is only 53 so that doesn’t define him either. But “in Zaine and Ryan we trust!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're in a Prelim. A Prelim...do people really think we'll just turn up our toes and concede because of one player? Course not. Martin is a massive in. The middle is where it will be won and we have a massive, massive chance to do that. Deny Port forward entry and keep it down our end.
Some of them think we should concede every game

Unfortunately keath strained his hammy in the last 2 mins of the game last week, so was always going to miss. Cordy and Gardiner have a lot of weight on their shoulders.

So both Bont and Keath injured in the last 2 minutes… how’s the luck.

I suppose in one sense that is good news. If we happen to win, then he has had three weeks to recover for the GF.

3 weeks should be enough for a strain.

Having said that, the GF feels like a long way away. A lot of water to go under the bridge on Saturday night.

The positive is that it would be 21 days between SF and GF.

That'd be right

Right at the end again .. just like Bruce

Only chance we have is to stop it getting in there .. unlike last time

Otherwise they'll have a field day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re going to be horrifically undersized in defence.

Port:
Dixon - 200cm
Ladhams - 202cm
Marshall - 198cm

WB:
Gardner - 197cm
Cordy - 193cm
Wood - 186cm

When you add Port’a dangerous smalls into the mix, the only way we can win this game is by dominating the midfield and starving them of opportunities. We do have Schache to throw back to give us some extra height if needed, he could cover Ladhams or Marshall.
So bloody what? Flexibility discipline and pace will win out in defence not height

F me. Injuries killed my Utah jazz and now this. Both the #1 teams for majority of the season. What a sh*te turn around for this crap year.

So how do we win this? I'd consider a gamble with Wallis, he could lift the team to another level. Schache has to play back for his height and disposal. Cordy forward to crash packs and do some damage. Can't do much else but trust our mids. Treloar and Dunkley must impact both ways or we are done.
1st of all, Conley getting injured is something you expect these days and the clippers without Kawhi finished you off. Jazz just not good enough.

2nd. We just need to crush them in the midfield and take our chances. It’s conceivable we have more chances than them in this game

We really need the games shortened it’s happened to us regularly with Bruce Keath and the Bont

Bit surprised at the negativity here....watched a lot of Bulldogs footy this year as I have supported a couple of your pups I knew pre draft and rapt to see them make a go of their AFL careers
Your midfield is elite and can beat PA, if Bont has to play 80% forward it mitigates the Bruce loss as he'll kick 3-4
Keath a loss for sure....but Gardiner can cover Dixon I reckon, especially on a dewy Adelaide night
Port are inconsistent at best and have folded under the pressure of expectation before...back you guys in..

Dogs by 15

We’re going to be horrifically undersized in defence.

Port:
Dixon - 200cm
Ladhams - 202cm
Marshall - 198cm

WB:
Gardner - 197cm
Cordy - 193cm
Wood - 186cm

When you add Port’a dangerous smalls into the mix, the only way we can win this game is by dominating the midfield and starving them of opportunities. We do have Schache to throw back to give us some extra height if needed, he could cover Ladhams or Marshall.
Ladhams and Marshall are tall. That’s about their only skill. Dixon is a front running, faux tough guy. This is not Buddy, Rough and Gunston.
If the midfield fires, we’ll win

I reckon it'll be wet, that should suit us more than them.

Adelaide forecast for Saturday
Mostly sunny morning, partly cloudy afternoon. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the late afternoon and evening. Winds northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h turning westerly 20 to 30 km/h in the late morning.

Last edited:

Was this when (I think it was him) he lunged at Zorko who snapped at goal but kicked it out on the full? Not the one right at the end

So both Bont and Keath injured in the last 2 minutes… how’s the luck.

Add Bruce in the last 15 seconds v Essendon….

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for the Prelim v Port Adelaide - Sat @7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back