Changes Next Week V North

Remove this Banner Ad

boyle just isnt up to it,

hasnt done nothing this year to prove he is worthy of a spot

clarke struggles when he has the ball and cops plenty of flack for it, but you have to look at the shutdown roll that he plays aswell, he is our best shutdown player and needs to stay in the team

Out
Murphy - not up to it.
Clarke - Mr Turnover dogged it at least once tonight & also looks slow
Renouf - good debut but back to BHH
Bateman - give that hammy a rest

In
Croad
Guerra
Taylor
McGlynn

I'd give Boyle one more chance to impact on a match. He misses is Crawf is fit.

I was pretty happy with Clarkes effort. Thought he played ok.

McLeod had half his possessions in the first quarter when he was on Laddo. Enter Tim Clarke, exit Andy McLeod. Stop McLeod and you are halfway to beating Adelaide. Thank you Timmy!

Dont know if they will bother tagging Harvey. They didn't last time.

McGlynn should come in for Changa. That will be about it.

OUT: Murphy, Dew or Bateman (rest, clearly Dew was struggling with fitness all night and Changa could use a week's break), Suzie :(

EXTENDED BENCH :thumbsu:

Dew out? Give the guy a break. He plays one game coming back from injury and just because he wasn't BOG you want him dropped. If anything he'll be better for the run he got last night.

Why was Croad out tonight?:confused:

Bruised hip.

Murphy played well last night, i dont know why people keep bagging him...

I want to know who you would have in if murphy and croad are out?

Dont come in and say give Zac a chance becuase he is definately not up to it if you say Murphy isnt up to then no way in hell is Zac up to it...

I thought it was a real team effort last night it showed we have the hunger and tensitiy back and throw JK in if Bates is out...

No way will Buddy be out he will get reprimand and play next week...

Renouf did a fantasticn job for a 1st gamer especially in such a high pressured game over at Aami..

Mortond id another good job hope he is ok..

We had a team of kids and missing up to 6 experianced good players and won for the 1st time over at aami againts the Crows since 1994..

This was our best win all year.........

North are missing mcyntosh.thompson and some other guys i think so we should be able to win this game only change i would be inclined to make is maybe croad and JK.........

There's no likelihood we'll make wholesale changes to a winning team. Any player who makes a serious case for inclusion will probably come in, and we have to replace anyone who is injured (or suspended, God forbid). So:

If Croad is available, he replaces Murphy; otherwise, Murphy stays.
Bateman out injured, Crawford in if available, otherwise McGlynn.
Taylor back for Renouf

I doubt Franklin will go, but if he does we'll probably bring in McGlynn (or maybe Tuck, which I'd like) and re-structure the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out
Murphy - not up to it.
Clarke - Mr Turnover dogged it at least once tonight & also looks slow
Renouf - good debut but back to BHH
Bateman - give that hammy a rest

In
Croad
Guerra
Taylor
McGlynn

I'd give Boyle one more chance to impact on a match. He misses is Crawf is fit.

How do you figure Murphy's not up to it, he played a more than solid game last night and should keep his spot even if Croad returns. And then you say give Boyle another chance, who was ten times worse than Murphy. Bateman is either fit or not, if he is fit we won't be giving him a rest.

I was pretty happy with all of the boys last night to be honest. Yes Boyle hasn't been up to the same standard of last year, but he still offers a tall target and until Thorp or Dowler sorts themselves out (if ever), I think he should stay. Plus I would rather see Thorp and Dowler make a 2008 debut against a weaker side then North Melb.

Timmy Clarke cops an unfair rap because of his skills and efficiency, but he can run with any bloke in the comp, and he also does a lot of 1%'ers with are crucial to team success.

Changa needs a rest. And if Croad needs an extra week we can cover that aswell.

Morton - Played his best game last night and was instrumental to us winning. However, if he has to make way for one of Crawford, Goo or McGlynn, I say make way.

Therefore:

Out:
Bateman
Morton
Renouf (Really liked his debut, especially that last mark that helped us win)
Franklin (If suspended, but I doubt it)

IN:
Guerra
Crawford
Taylor
McGlynn (If Franklin is suspended)*

*We don't need to replace a tall with a tall. Common misconception.

i know renouf will be dropped if tails is fit, but why cant we play 3 ruckmen, big H is out(big win for us) we should stretch there rucks,hale and petrie, and if croad is out another big will be helpful down back on brown or petrie, rest one down back, one on the pine and one rucking, goo in will be HUGE, he is the quarterback, the general down back and in our to 10 mvp to the team. Crawf in for changa if crawf is fit, otherwise benny mc. if buddy goes, dowler? or another running pplayer, clarke stays in for boomer. Should win, hawks by 25+ points.

Agree that the Boyler has been disapointing. He is just a decoy forward and not kicking many goals this year. May be worth dropping him and bringing in an extra running player to rotate in the forward line.

Give Whitecross some game time and experience over the witches hat!

I'd drop Boyle for McGlynn. I like Boyle, but if he isn't taking marks and kicking goals then he's a liability due to his loack of mobility. That's one of the reasons why we couldn't pressure the Crows out of defence.

MyGlynn's in our best 22, people shouldn't forget his attack and goal kicking ability.

If Buddy gets suspended then I'd keep Boyle in to have 2 tall marking forwards.

If Croad is fit, then I'd drop Murphy. You must understand, why people like myself and others who appreciate Murphy, because we expect his skills to be ordinary, but it's his defensive capability that's the reason he gets played. Gilham doesn't have good enough defensive capability to move on whoever is the opposition's best forward. When Murphy plays, we have him and Gilham to chose from to play against the most appropriate opponents.

This is why Croad is so important: he can curtail a variety of forwards. It's the reason why people are echoing what many of us have been saying for a year: we lack another quality tall defender.

So for me, if Crawford and Croad were available, I'd go:

McGlynn IN Boyle OUT
Crawford IN Bateman OUT
Croad IN Murphy OUT

Taylor can have another week's rest, and give another game to Renouf.

I'd drop Boyle for McGlynn. I like Boyle, but if he isn't taking marks and kicking goals then he's a liability due to his loack of mobility. That's one of the reasons why we couldn't pressure the Crows out of defence.

MyGlynn's in our best 22, people shouldn't forget his attack and goal kicking ability.

If Buddy gets suspended then I'd keep Boyle in to have 2 tall marking forwards.

If Croad is fit, then I'd drop Murphy. You must understand, why people like myself and others who appreciate Murphy, because we expect his skills to be ordinary, but it's his defensive capability that's the reason he gets played. Gilham doesn't have good enough defensive capability to move on whoever is the opposition's best forward. When Murphy plays, we have him and Gilham to chose from to play against the most appropriate opponents.

This is why Croad is so important: he can curtail a variety of forwards. It's the reason why people are echoing what many of us have been saying for a year: we lack another quality tall defender.

So for me, if Crawford and Croad were available, I'd go:

McGlynn IN Boyle OUT
Crawford IN Bateman OUT
Croad IN Murphy OUT

Taylor can have another week's rest, and give another game to Renouf.

with the roos lack of height and fowards i,d keep boyle in then the roos would have to throw petrie down back...

I think there will be only one change Crawf in for Bateman.

If Taylor is fit he'll come in for Renouf.

They are usually pretty conservative when it comes to changes. Although I did hear last night the ever reliable channel 10 commentary team say Tim Clarke had a problem with his hammy - mind you he played the game out.

All those calling for Boyle to go out, if clarko brings him straight into the side when he has had 6 or so weeks out with injury he's not going to drop him after two games.

Would like to see McGlynn back but reckon he may be forced to come back through Box Hill. I still think he, Cyril and Ossie are fighting it out for two spots come finals time.

If Buddy goes out they'll probably bring in Dowler, maybe, simply because Clarko loves the three talls.

Boyle Get That Pathetic Soft Useless Moron Out Of The Team I Never Want To See Him In A Hawks Jumper Again. His Attack On The Ball Was So Pathetic It Wasn't Even Funny. I Think I Saw Him Touch The Ball About 3 Times. In The Last Minute Or So He Got The Ball And Just Banged It Into The Centre Of The Forward Line To Franklin Who Had About 50 On Him And Almost Cost Us Dearly When They Got The Ball.

He Can't Play..........lazy Soft And Plain Old Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boyle Get That Pathetic Soft Useless Moron Out Of The Team I Never Want To See Him In A Hawks Jumper Again. His Attack On The Ball Was So Pathetic It Wasn't Even Funny. I Think I Saw Him Touch The Ball About 3 Times. In The Last Minute Or So He Got The Ball And Just Banged It Into The Centre Of The Forward Line To Franklin Who Had About 50 On Him And Almost Cost Us Dearly When They Got The Ball.

You are pathetic and i never want to see you on this board again.......

maybe you can pull the boots on mate you can't post for shit!Pathetic post mate!:thumbsdown:

Geezus THat's Deliberate - did you really need a new username to make this point again?

The title case isn't fooling anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Next Week V North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back