Changes Next Week V North

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko generally doesn't change winning sides too much unless forced through injury or the return of highly established players from injuries. There are so many ifs and buts regarding injuries and expected returns, plus Buddy's report it is so hard to pick ins and outs for the clash against the Roos.

I actually thought just about all our players had a hand in the win on Saturday night. Sure, we didn't get the consistent effort for four quarters, but can't say I was disappointed with anyone.

There were a higher number of mistakes but I think we sometimes underestimate the Crows and especially at AAMI.

Make no mistake, it was a good win!

Just turn up and you'll win.

TBH you can probebly afford to play Renouf in the ruck now that we only really have Hale there. He played well tonight, and will probebly go up against Goldstein.
Give you roo,s some credit I doubt very much it.ll be a walk in the park, they always lift agianst the hawks.
In saying that if hawks bring their A game every week no one will them.
forrito on williams should be fun to watch though

Clarko generally doesn't change winning sides too much unless forced through injury or the return of highly established players from injuries.

Very true mate and for good reason. Crawf, guerra, tails and croad would walk in if fit this week, i think mcglynn and tuck are in our best 22 and should come back in too. That would leave us with sewell and bateman as the only 2 from our best side that are out, which is a massive difference to the position we've been in all year in terms of injuries.

wow i rag on an absolute pathetic player and you morons stick up for him

We're a happy team at Hawthorn
We're t
We're a happy team at Hawthorn
We're the Mighty Fighting Hawks.
We love our Club, and we play to win,
Riding the bumps with a grin (at Hawthorn).
Come what may, you'll find us striving
Team work is the thing that talks,
One for all and all for one
Is the way we play at Hawthorn.
We are the Mighty Fighting Hawks.

at hawthorn we stand by each other unlike some of you lot in here.......

nice post, maybe you should barrack for another club...

I thought Smurph was pretty good - I've never been a Timmy fan...I sound like a broken record but he just. gets. bumped. off. the. ball. too. easily.

...too easily....

...too easily....

...too easily....

...too easily....

...too easily....

With Tuck dominating for BHH, and Crawf likely to miss, I now hope we see
Tails (if fit) in for Renouf
Croad (if fit) in for Murphy
Tuck in for Bateman
Guerra in for Clarke
McGlynn in if Buddy out.

We have the bye in 2 weeks so I reckon they might rest Crawf until then(that would make his 300th V Pies Friday night)
If Boyle doesn't fire this week I reckon he's gone.

wow i rag on an absolute pathetic player and you morons stick up for him

a) Boyle, while not at his best has just returned from injury and deserves the benefit of the doubt

b) No hawks player deserves the sort of comments you dished out - why don't you just focus on the fact that we are winning and that there are going to be games where one player or another is going to have an off night.

BTW I thought Murphy played okay tonight, another that is still learning the ropes. If Croad is right to play then yes Murphy will go out, but not because of the way he played against the crows.

Where to begin??????

I think we can play three big men, and I don't think Clarko will drop renouf after 1 game....

Dare I say it? Give Boyle a run in the Magoos (Just a week) and try renouf in his spot/rotating with Campbell and Taylor in the Ruck/Bench/Third Tall Forward/CHB. I am a Boyle fan, but he needs a run in the Magoos.

As for the Rest - Bateman, Dew and Buddy are Fine.

IN OUT
Taylor --- Boyle
Croad --- Murphy (If Fit)
Guerra --- Clarke

Crawf to play 2 quarters in the Magoos this week. Don't want too many changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a) boyle has off nights??? when was boyle actually on??? last year like round 6 or something then played like 3 good games and then did absolutely nothing

b) i agree with what you said about murphy he showed enough to keep his spot in the side

a) boyle has off nights??? when was boyle actually on??? last year like round 6 or something then played like 3 good games and then did absolutely nothing

b) i agree with what you said about murphy he showed enough to keep his spot in the side

Mate, did Boyle sleep with your girlfriend or something? :rolleyes:

I really hope Morton is alright for this week, does anyone have any idea why he came off? Was it just a heavy bump?

After Whitecross's performance for Box Hill yesterday, I reckon he'd be a chance.

Boyle Get That Pathetic Soft Useless Moron Out Of The Team I Never Want To See Him In A Hawks Jumper Again. His Attack On The Ball Was So Pathetic It Wasn't Even Funny. I Think I Saw Him Touch The Ball About 3 Times. In The Last Minute Or So He Got The Ball And Just Banged It Into The Centre Of The Forward Line To Franklin Who Had About 50 On Him And Almost Cost Us Dearly When They Got The Ball.

He Can't Play..........lazy Soft And Plain Old Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm amazed that this newbie hasn't been dealt with. We don't need trolls like this masquerading as Hawthorn supporters.

Axe the little pest.

Out: Bateman (needs the rest even if he says he's right to play)
Morton ( has been good but needs to make room)
Clarke (not up to standard, fitness doesnt make a player)
Murphy (not bad last week, but step aside if Croad fit)

In: Crawford ( if fit)
Guerra ( need him to get our rebound defence together)
McGlynn (back from suspensin to cover bateman)
Croad (if in Murphy out)
Tuck ( extended bench - back in contention)
Whitecross - (extended bench - BOG in 2's puts him in contention)

-Young escaped a call for being dropped by playing mostly a great game on Saturday night.
-Taylor might play a week of 2's to leave Renouf in.

Clarke should be a definate out. He can run but his disposal efficency must be bloody poor. I now he goes to Harvey but doesn't he normally carve us up?

Totally agree. I've been hearing it for years whenever the question is asked:
Person 1: "Who do we put on Boomer?"...
Person 2: "Clarkey - the kid can run all day..."
Person 1/3: "Yeah good point...seems fair"
Person 2: *looking notably chuffed*

only problem is that Harvey ends up killing us.....

IMO the only Dissapointing player Saturday night was Boyle. But due to it being only his second game back from a few weeks off I dont think we can be to hard on him.

However..what really did annoy me was his servere lack of defensive pressure. He did not run and chase and when you're not kicking goals or taking marks you have to atleast be apply some defensive pressure.

Murphy is copping alot of flack, but I thought he was really solid. The due of he and Gilham were great. Kept Tipper and Jericho out of the game and used the ball very well. Both very good games. Be a shame to see him dropped.

Crawford shouldnt come in unless he is %100 fit and ready to go. We'll need him for the finals. Renouf was solid for a first gamer and did some good things, but looks like he might go due to Taylor coming back. McGynn should slot back in nicely for Changa. Croad if fit for Morton if injured.

Tuck may be stiff to miss out unless Buddy goes.

Clarke won us the game, HIS POSITION IS STABLE.

If it weren't for his job on McLeod after Q1 we would have not even been close to Adelaide once the final siren sounded.
.....are you for real? He is shakier than a one legged octogenarian! Its heart in mouth stuff when he has the ball. Benny McGlynn please!

Boyle Get That Pathetic Soft Useless Moron Out Of The Team I Never Want To See Him In A Hawks Jumper Again. His Attack On The Ball Was So Pathetic It Wasn't Even Funny. I Think I Saw Him Touch The Ball About 3 Times. In The Last Minute Or So He Got The Ball And Just Banged It Into The Centre Of The Forward Line To Franklin Who Had About 50 On Him And Almost Cost Us Dearly When They Got The Ball.

He Can't Play..........lazy Soft And Plain Old Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While a bit over the top, his defensive pressure was pathetic! Roughy stood up when we needed a forward when that could have been boiler! he could have really made a statement when the game was there to be won to justify his inclusion but he didn't.
He has to go IMHO!

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Next Week V North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back