Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 19 vs. Port Adelaide, Marvel Stadium Friday 23/07 @ 7:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, am I starting to… like Ruscoe???

My respect for the bloke has gone through the roof the past fortnight. Definitely judged the book by its cover and irrespective of what he does or doesn’t achieve in his football career it seems he has his head screwed on right and cared about his mates and also opponents. Huge respect

Trey goes OK doesn't he? But, he's no Lockyer.

It’s not fair to compare Trey to god’s greatest gift.

It's not Trey's fault he was born without Lockyer's stature and will never be as mighty!

It's not Trey's fault he was born without Lockyer's stature and will never be as mighty!
Just to clarify, do you mean stature as in accomplishment or height?

The react I gave your post depends on it

Just to clarify, do you mean stature as in accomplishment or height?

The react I gave your post depends on it

Is this a trick question? :think:

Tarkyn is clearly taller and more accomplished.

So happy for Tohil and Ginny. With regards to Tohil doubters, and earning your spot in AFL, you don't need to dominate in VFL to earn a spot, you just need to work hard and show you can play a role. I expect they will keep it simple for Anton.
All the best for both debutants,and GO PIES!!!
I think Tohill needs senior experience. Still a very young kid who I suspect could be earmarked as a long term replacement for Roughead.

They measure Ruscoe in metres so I’m not entirely certain that’s true 😢

Tarks was small but mighty!!!! He could have played ruck if he wasn't as damaging in every other position.

Tarks was small but mighty!!!! He could have played ruck if he wasn't as damaging in every other position.
8 career hit outs! Imagine the beast that would’ve been unleashed if only Robert Walls had been his coach…

Hey mate Chugg is a pretty good player, hasn't had much luck with injury but has some real line breaking ability and is solid as a rock
And if Maynard gets his midfield role he is after, this frees up a spot at half back for Chuggy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the ins, hopefully bear gets in as well. Debuts are great, Gives us supporters something to look forward to. Said in the Tohill thread he should have played earlier in the year when Moore went forward but they picked Kelly even though Tohill was much better the week before. Before anyone pots the fella I hope they have watched his improvement live. To many opinions on our lesser known players from people that don’t watch vfl for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the ins, hopefully bear gets in as well. Debuts are great, Gives us supporters something to look forward to. Said in the Tohill thread he should have played earlier in the year when Moore went forward but they picked Kelly even though Tohill was much better the week before. Before anyone pots the fella I hope they have watched his improvement live. To many opinions on our lesser known players from people that don’t watch vfl for themselves.

In fairness, there has not been much VFL to watch. In any case, whatever opinions we may have of Tohill, we will have a much better idea of his worth after his first AFL game.

Hey mate Chugg is a pretty good player, hasn't had much luck with injury but has some real line breaking ability and is solid as a rock

Yeah I’m not completely sold sorry. I think he’s been been fairly disappointing in his outings with the VFL team.

He’s only 19 years old so maybe they think he has more scope than I do and will be kept on the rookie list another year.

Yeah I’m not completely sold sorry. I think he’s been been fairly disappointing in his outings with the VFL team.

He’s only 19 years old so maybe they think he has more scope than I do and will be kept on the rookie list another year.
They will probably keep him because they have invested a year in him and it doesn't make much sense to replace him with another rookie, but I could wrong and they will delist him.

Every player deveops differently

Not sure what you were expecting from a 1st year rookie draftee, who just turned 19 a couple months ago. I think he has done just fine given his lack of quality standard footy.

Plus I highly doubt we picked these kids up in a covid year to delist them in a rebuild.

Not sure what you were expecting from a 1st year rookie draftee, who just turned 19 a couple months ago. I think he has done just fine given his lack of quality standard footy.

Plus I highly doubt we picked these kids up in a covid year to delist them in a rebuild.
He played really well the last VFL game. Based on that game there is promise.

He played really well the last VFL game. Based on that game there is promise.
He did. He was improving. I think people seem to expect too much from first year draftees. Not everyone is sam walsh lol

Probably in his favour that we need to vacate senior list spots to active the points tagged to them. I don't think we'll see many changes this off-season and we gain nothing from delisting rookie listed players in that regard so if they see the potential then he's likely to be extended. Certainly has some positive traits.

Probably in his favour that we need to vacate senior list spots to active the points tagged to them. I don't think we'll see many changes this off-season and we gain nothing from delisting rookie listed players in that regard so if they see the potential then he's likely to be extended. Certainly has some positive traits.
That's all very good points. There is no incentive to delist a rookie player.

So many people here getting rid of both Cox and Lynch??? One will stay and one will go. We need depth, it’s tricky for Lynch he may want to try another club or he may be pouched as he’s showing really good signs. Cox is in the same boat, stay and maybe get some games but is he going to be in the same position at another club. The swans maybe as a ruck/forward, the cats as a Ruck not sure. Honestly I’d keep one for list management but is that fair to them?

In fairness, there has not been much VFL to watch. In any case, whatever opinions we may have of Tohill, we will have a much better idea of his worth after his first AFL game.

Yeah understand that, most games if not all have been on 7plus or Kayo but get people maybe can’t see them. As long as opinions are based on a fair sample size and not the ‘caught the last 20 mins in a game we got flogged’ type scenario.
I’m not sure I’d base a young defensive key position blokes worth after one game against a good team but certainly hope we see a few things we all like. A win would great, will be a Gatorade shower for the ages!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back