Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 22 vs. Brisbane - Gabba, Sat 14/08 @ 7:25pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is deceptively taller than he looks. 188cm and weight online showing at 73 kgs. He’d need to get close to that 85-90kg mark eventually to generate that power in the hips and go up against some of the other strong mids in the competition.
Better go to spec savers

He is deceptively taller than he looks. 188cm and weight online showing at 73 kgs. He’d need to get close to that 85-90kg mark eventually to generate that power in the hips and go up against some of the other strong mids in the competition.

Pretty sure that 188 is wrong and he’s much closer to 180cm.

I would like to know how he gets a guaranteed return to the country in December given the quota system. Obviously there is one rule for ordinary folk and another for footballers. He will be looking at 2 weeks quarantine and is sure to bring back some form of covid with him. Trade Draft wanted to discontinue all incoming passengers and quarantine. I wonder how he feels about a Collingwood player re-entering the country. No double standards I assume?

Travel into the country for work has been always permitted.

I’m not sure what’s happening with that measurement. I reckon it is a stuff up on our website.

He was widely reported as being 178cm when he was drafted and looks around that height on the field compared to other players.

Here’s a pre-draft article about him referencing 178cms. But there are heaps of other draft profiles which say the same.

Edit: Just saw other people pick that up too.

Travel into the country for work has been always permitted.
True. As is travelling out of the country for work. He was already here but I do know people in other countries travelling in and out on multiple entry visas. My brain is not at its best in the morning.

I thought the players were quarantining from last night? Was this taken yesterday? Or do I need to reinvigorate my interest in the team and its movements, because through dwindling interest, I am losing track of their itinerary.

I thought the players were quarantining from last night? Was this taken yesterday? Or do I need to reinvigorate my interest in the team and its movements, because through dwindling interest, I am losing track of their itinerary.
You still have to go to training. They quarantined at home last night. Will stay in a hotel tonight before flying out tomorrow.

You still have to go to training. They quarantined at home last night. Will stay in a hotel tonight before flying out tomorrow.
So Howe could have been home with his wife and baby last night and all day today (bar training) and on the plane with the boys tonight? This flies in the face of what I was told on here yesterday.

So Howe could have been home with his wife and baby last night and all day today (bar training) and on the plane with the boys tonight? This flies in the face of what I was told on here yesterday.

Doesn’t impact his right to paternity leave or an afl goodwill equivalent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I understand it, Thursday was a “soft” quarantine at home with family and Friday a “hard” quarantine at a hotel in Melbourne within the team bubble, separated from everyone else outside including family. The team then flys in and out on Saturday: travel up in the morning, play that night and then straight on a plane out post game. Conditions imposed by the Qld govt for the exemption to fly in.

On that basis, Howe’s wife and baby would still be in hospital on Thursday (assuming the baby was born yesterday) and he wouldn’t be able to see them, nor today or tomorrow. Completely understandable circumstances and perfectly reasonable in my view, especially given they are first time parents.

As I understand it, Thursday was a “soft” quarantine at home with family and Friday a “hard” quarantine at a hotel in Melbourne within the team bubble, separated from everyone else outside including family. The team then flys in and out on Saturday: travel up in the morning, play that night and then straight on a plane out post game. Conditions imposed by the Qld govt for the exemption to fly in.

On that basis, Howe’s wife and baby would still be in hospital on Thursday (assuming the baby was born yesterday) and he wouldn’t be able to see them, nor today or tomorrow. Completely understandable circumstances and perfectly reasonable in my view, especially given they are first time parents.
Home and away match can wait for being there for your partner and new born baby. I’d probably say most players would under these circumstances barring maybe a grand final. Even a W wouldn’t make any ounce of difference to us right now cept for our pending round 1 pick position.

Isn’t Reef better off playing in a VFL scratch match…
Yeah, they might leave him behind, as they wont play him as the sub.
You'll have the carry over emergency and the sub.

Surely Lynch wont fly, as need a ruck, unless Cox rucks in the VFL scratch match

Wow, I'm really speechless with those selections. Howe and Quaynor are unavailable, so we choose to drop our other running defender. That back line looks like a bunch of draught horses. A smashing awaits.

Why our Match Committee are Clueless

As I said earlier, I really couldn't care less. The season is over. Just can't resist playing devil's advocate.

Thats never happened this season. No reason to start now. We always seem to manage to put losses at a regional margin

I actually Shocked we have not got Flogged yet this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back