Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Semi Final vs. Fremantle, Saturday Sept 10th - 7:25pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mihocek is very, very clearly injured. He barely impacted a single contest in the air all day. Butchered multiple gimme goals. Couldn’t move with enough agility to apply any defensive pressure.

He’s our workhorse, but he’s lame right now. He’s first out before Cox and Cameron for me, unless he does a LOT of healing in the next week.

The poor guy’s been hobbling around on one leg for at least a month now.

Out: Checkers, Adams
In: Kreuger… and you just know it’s gonna be Cal Brown. Eh, maybe it will be the making of him
Krueger may lack match fitness and Brodie is struggling as you say.
We could use the Selwood/Atkins strategy of swapping off the bench.
It gives us the best of both worlds, by including both and dropping neither.

But replacing Adams is the foremost priority.

Cal has a dip but gee he has had so many chances and has not grabbed them. Maynard in the middle is tempting but I think we'll need all hands-on deck down back on Saturday night.

for the last few years, everytime he has started they have played him as a forward, just not suited to that role in any way. the 2 times he has come on to play midfield role was as a sub, against crows in adelaide a year ago, and against sydney a few weeks back, both times he played well.

Last time Cal played as the sub, I thought he did pretty well. Couldn't have done much more. So its not the worst option available.

Who comes in, we'll see. Not sure Kreuger has the match fitness for a full afl game after so long out. But its an option. Lets see what they do in a few days.
Agree - people are forgetting how good Cal was in the Swans game. He may well of turned the corner, given he was very tidy with the ball.
And he definitely has the hardness to replace Adams.

In: Swany, Bucks, Licca, Monkey, Burnsy, Jimmy Clement and Sav.

There fixed our problems.

I digress but of all the legends you've mentioned, the bookends i.e. Clement and Sav would have made the biggest difference against Geelong.

While the players and coaches have every right to feel proud of the effort against Geelong, when they sit down to review it they'll know we let a golden opportunity slip.

Play that game 10 times and I feel we come away with 7 wins minimum.

Unfortunately this was the one where a lot of little moments across the game ultimately cost us victory.

Whether it be a marking attempt bouncing off a chest, a kick falling agonisingly short, a fumble or two, Maynard unintentionally flushing a kick OOF, Josh not taking a couple of opportunities or our tackling pressure not being rewarded in full.

In the end it all added up to the result witnessed.

While my preference was to play Fremantle let's not pretend they aren't capable of causing an upset and everything will follow it's natural course because it's Freo at home on the G. GWS 2019 anyone?

The game against Geelong was a brutal one and how much toll it's taken on our 22 physically and mentally is still to be known.

What is known is that our focus must now quickly switch to what we can control and that's making sure our preparation for this game is as every bit as professional and thorough as last week.

This season has already been one we'll never forget as supporters.

The club, our players and coaches don't owe us the fans anything more this year.

They do however owe themselves and deserve the reward of playing off in a Preliminary final.

I hope they get it.

Go Pies!

While the players and coaches have every right to feel proud of the effort against Geelong, when they sit down to review it they'll know we let a golden opportunity slip.

Play that game 10 times and I feel we come away with 7 wins minimum.

Unfortunately this was the one where a lot of little moments across the game ultimately cost us victory.

Whether it be a marking attempt bouncing off a chest, a kick falling agonisingly short, a fumble or two, Maynard unintentionally flushing a kick OOF, Josh not taking a couple of opportunities or our tackling pressure not being rewarded in full.

In the end it all added up to the result witnessed.

While my preference was to play Fremantle let's not pretend they aren't capable of causing an upset and everything will follow it's natural course because it's Freo at home on the G. GWS 2019 anyone?

The game against Geelong was a brutal one and how much toll it's taken on our 22 physically and mentally is still to be known.

What is known is that our focus must now quickly switch to what we can control and that's making sure our preparation for this game is as every bit as professional and thorough as last week.

This season has already been one we'll never forget as supporters.

The club, our players and coaches don't owe us the fans anything more this year.

They do however owe themselves and deserve the reward of playing off in a Preliminary final.

I hope they get it.

Go Pies!
F You and your cool, calm, legitate, sensible and well thought out post. We don’t need your kind here 🤣😜👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If AJ doesn’t pull up then I would say Henry will be a definite in. Although not sure who we are supposed to bring in if JDG doesn’t pull up considering we will be stretched thin as we have to replace Adam’s as well. Interesting week ahead

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Got my tickets. M36 Row P

Was quicker going through the app, than the half an hour I spent on the website... Idiots.

The system would actually work fine if it was a real queue. But it's completely random which forces people to have 3 browsers and an app open, causing further congestion

Most jokes are in bad taste No Spin. If you start passing judgement and censoring humour that doesn't meet your standards of acceptability you hop on the slippery slope.
Funny that - I don't recall many jokes here, crossing the line of bad taste to the extent of like this one.

People will call me crazy, which I am, but I would bring in C Brown for Adams. I'd tell him to follow Serong wherever he goes. Brayshaw can be minded by Pendles and DeGoey. Serong needs to be stopped and has never had a player run with him.

I'd keep Kreuger sub. No other change.
This.
It is the only choice we really have.
Brody is lame, and he really should not play at all. He has been poor since the bye. In fact, The Madge might be a better sub than Brody.

The only other fit players left with any form or experience are Bianco and Macrae.
Callum Brown surely would also be in the mix to get a run, hard to see any of the three making a positive impact to our chances. Not happy with with any of these options, but Callum has the most mature finals ready body. Adams arguably our hardest core player to replace at the moment.

There is even more importance sitting on De Goey playing, and playing well again for us to progress.

Funny that - I don't recall many jokes here, crossing the line of bad taste to the extent of like this one.

Couldn't agree more. Let us hold the standard proudly as the hordes descend upon us.

The war against poor taste shall never cease.

Neighbours-2-1.jpg

People in here talking about bringing in Madgen and Brown

Like...do you just not want us to win this game or something?

I'd rather have Taylor Adams play on a torn groin than have Callum Brown play. I'd also rather a lame Mihocek than Madgen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back