Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Semi Final vs. Fremantle, Saturday Sept 10th - 7:25pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judging by Fly’s comments about Kreuger after the game,about how he likes him and what he brings to the team,I’d say Kreuger gets a full game this week.I’d play him up forward rather than defence,because our forward line has been struggling against the better defences lately.With Mihocek horribly out of form and struggling with injury,we need another bigger body up there who can compete in the air and bring the ball to the ground at the very least.That’s not happening at the moment.
I like the idea of Kruger playing, just hope he plays with as much danger of hurting the opposition as he does to himself!

Out: Adams, De Goey, Johnson (Inj)
In: C. Brown, T. Brown, Madgen
Suicide Samurai GIF

Keep in mind that Fremantle only finnished 2 points behind us as they could have had our position.
After losing to the Cats extremely difficult to win the flag now.
We don't have the depth to cover grunt players like Adams. If Degoey doesnt play the we lose to Fremantle SEASON IS OVER !
We must win this week against fremantle at least make a prelim.
If by some miracle we make the prelim its Sydney's game to lose because we don't have the players to match them. especially on that tuna fish ground of theirs.
Big trouble without Degoey and Adams .Forget the rest Brown is useless grets the ball but doesnt know what to do with it.Always panics and gets caught so no Callum Brown. Macrae and Bianco not up to it.
Fremantle have a good midfield their forward line and back line bit suss but the ball is won in the middle .So no way we can win without Degoey and Adams.
Serong,Bradshaw,switkowsi,Aish and co too good in the middle.

If Degoey plays and isn't that injured we may get over the line just without him we are gone.

Suggestion bring in Ruscoe to play back and have Crisp and or Maynard through the midfield.

Fremantle's weakenss (forwardline) is our greatest sterngth (backline) which gives me confidence. I think our game style will also trouble them. Our biggest risk for this week is the team being flat so first quarter is massive. If we bring the same heat as we did against Geelong we should do enough.

Fremantle's weakenss (forwardline) is our greatest sterngth (backline) which gives me confidence. I think our game style will also trouble them. Our biggest risk for this week is the team being flat so first quarter is massive. If we bring the same heat as we did against Geelong we should do enough.
Replicate that and they’re no chance

It's funny though, seeing some of the posts in this thread simply justifies why we're going for all these players that we're rumoured to be going for.

We need some genuine decent quality depth in the list because right now we don't have a great deal thanks to injury/stunted development.

Dean injured
Reef Injured
Krueger until now was injured
Grundy injured
Carmichael injured
Roughead retired

That's 6 "decent" at minimum players who all can't play due to injury

That's why we're chasing McStay, Frampton, Hill and Mitchell (and were chasing Taranto)

It's funny though, seeing some of the posts in this thread simply justifies why we're going for all these players that we're rumoured to be going for.

We need some genuine decent quality depth in the list because right now we don't have a great deal thanks to injury/stunted development.

Dean injured
Reef Injured
Grundy injured
Carmichael injured
Roughead retired

That's why we're chasing McStay, Frampton, Hill and Mitchell (and were chasing Taranto)

Been thinking about ‘depth’. Do other clubs have AFL level backup players happily toiling away in the twos, just waiting to replace an injured senior player? Not sure that they do.

More likely, they have injuries, players who are ‘not quite there yet’, or others that are and want to leave for more opportunity elsewhere.

‘Depth’ is a moving feast.

Been thinking about ‘depth’. Do other clubs have AFL level backup players happily toiling away in the twos, just waiting to replace an injured senior player? Not sure that they do.

More likely, they have injuries, players who are ‘not quite there yet’, or others that are and want to leave for more opportunity elsewhere.

‘Depth’ is a moving feast.

On the surface, Geelong seem to

I've always thought that one football club (was hoping it would be us) would take the initiative and run the selection/list management more like a soccer team and rest players, or select players specifically for roles/teams that would mean players not rotting in the VFL just waiting for an injury.

I feel like the club that nails that will be truly ahead of the pack both with on-field result and list management.

It seems right now, Geelong might be that club.

On the surface, Geelong seem to

I've always thought that one football club (was hoping it would be us) would take the initiative and run the selection/list management more like a soccer team and rest players, or select players specifically for roles/teams that would mean players not rotting in the VFL just waiting for an injury.

I feel like the club that nails that will be truly ahead of the pack both with on-field result and list management.

It seems right now, Geelong might be that club.

Yes and no re Geelong. Their seconds weren’t good enough to make the VFL finals. In fact they were well out of it. Ours made the finals - although is that down to the VFL players and not the AFL listed boys? I don’t actually know, but ‘depth’ is a slippery thing.

BTW, I agree Geelong is a very well managed club. Be interesting to see how they go in the weeks ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean injured
Reef Injured
Grundy injured
Carmichael injured
Roughead retired

We don't actually have many injuries we have a depth problem.
We are also too reliant on players that are injury prone like Adams. This has been happening for the past 5 years where the same line said by supporters is "we need to get Adam's back".

Keep in mind that Fremantle only finnished 2 points behind us as they could have had our position.
After losing to the Cats extremely difficult to win the flag now.
We don't have the depth to cover grunt players like Adams. If Degoey doesnt play the we lose to Fremantle SEASON IS OVER !
We must win this week against fremantle at least make a prelim.
If by some miracle we make the prelim its Sydney's game to lose because we don't have the players to match them. especially on that tuna fish ground of theirs.
Big trouble without Degoey and Adams .Forget the rest Brown is useless grets the ball but doesnt know what to do with it.Always panics and gets caught so no Callum Brown. Macrae and Bianco not up to it.
Fremantle have a good midfield their forward line and back line bit suss but the ball is won in the middle .So no way we can win without Degoey and Adams.
Serong,Bradshaw,switkowsi,Aish and co too good in the middle.

If Degoey plays and isn't that injured we may get over the line just without him we are gone.

Suggestion bring in Ruscoe to play back and have Crisp and or Maynard through the midfield.
Ruscoe is a possibility if Maynard replaces Adams as the bull.

Anyone know what day our opening training session will be this week? My nephew's are flying to Melb from Perth for the game and want to attend a training session too.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back