Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Semi Final vs. Fremantle, Saturday Sept 10th - 7:25pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some whacky theories on here that are great entertainment. Not convinced an elimination final is time to trial some of this stuff:

- Checkers to be swung to defence. Is he too slow to go with a leading forward, too short for monsters, never been done in this spot at AFL level.

- Maynard to play in the middle. He played a couple of minutes on Cripps here and there in the middle, however this hasn't been trialled at all and Maynard's endurance would surely be in question. He is bulkier or at the same level of bulk as De Goey, which allow him the flexibility in defence to play on both smalls and larger opponents.

- Drop either Cameron or Cox, bring in Kreuger to chop out in the ruck. Kreug coming off an injury, endurance queries, our ruckmen are at least 50/50ing if not winning the match ups. Good aerial presence from both who are capable of taking nice contested marks, kicking the odd goal when needed and dropping back defensively to fill the hole. Not a possibility, although I think there is a spot for Freddy in the side.

Maybe if there had been more experimentation at the right time and some of this stuff has been proven to work they could be possibilities, but as it stands these are some very strange suggestions.

De Goey played out the game didn't he?

Given the stakes I'm sure he'll be prepared to play with some discomfort if that's the major worry.

Is it an impact or strain injury concern with Johnson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by Fly’s comments about Kreuger after the game,about how he likes him and what he brings to the team,I’d say Kreuger gets a full game this week.I’d play him up forward rather than defence,because our forward line has been struggling against the better defences lately.With Mihocek horribly out of form and struggling with injury,we need another bigger body up there who can compete in the air and bring the ball to the ground at the very least.That’s not happening at the moment.

Is the Ash Johnson "injury" like the Nick Daicos "injury"? That people are conjuring out of thin air to cause panic?

Because I'm seeing no mention of it anywhere, which was similar to Daicos. It kind of just...manifested because some random called SEN and said Daicos won't play.

If this is a similar situation then I won't worry about it. Although I'd be surprised if Ash sat out a cut throat final over a corkie

AC joint. Fly said he was being monitored but AC joint injuries are not worth risking for this when they have a high chance of occurring again.
A large number of players have strapped shoulders every week, with the AC joint injury as a likely issue, given its ubiquity.
So given these facts, its seem Club Medico's don't think its a big risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back