Preview Changes/Preview – Round 8 vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The roffey stuff has me stumped but I did identify with being a champ and a snowflake. I’m exploring my ignore option now so won’t be able to get to the bottom of it. Which is a shame
It's bliss ngl. Listening to how great Melbourne is on a Melbourne board makes me wanna kick some walls. One step away from the demonland echo chamber

It's bliss ngl. Listening to how great Melbourne is on a Melbourne board makes me wanna kick some walls. One step away from the demonland echo chamber
I’m not that familiar with demonland. I lurked briefly during one or the other of the Jesse Hogan trade moments, but once about 30 of their ITK types turned out to not be ITK I moved away quickly.

Back to OP, this game is a worry. In the past we have matched up on Geelong pretty well and had some good matches, but I fear in 2024 we aren’t the same Melbourne and they aren’t the same Geelong

I’m not that familiar with demonland. I lurked briefly during one or the other of the Jesse Hogan trade moments, but once about 30 of their ITK types turned out to not be ITK I moved away quickly.

Back to OP, this game is a worry. In the past we have matched up on Geelong pretty well and had some good matches, but I fear in 2024 we aren’t the same Melbourne and they aren’t the same Geelong
Have we matched up well? They spanked pretty handily the last 2 years and outside of 2021 I feel like we're always pushing s**t up hill against them

Have we matched up well? They spanked pretty handily the last 2 years and outside of 2021 I feel like we're always pushing s**t up hill against them
I don’t know. You know I don’t know. My job is to make friendly and engaging discussion points and then set a timer to see how long it takes you to s**t all over them, champ

I don’t know. You know I don’t know. My job is to make friendly and engaging discussion points and then set a timer to see how long it takes you to s**t all over them, champ
Maybe if you weren't such a snow flake we could have more engaging discussions

Missing the point. I'm not saying attacking footy isn't entertaining, I'm saying people are using 'exciting footy' just as a cover all topic to whinge about their football team. It's the same points on BigFooty by the same handful of posters over and over and over, which is ironic when talking entertainment.

This year we're 13th for inside 50s - "The Dees aren't attacking enough, it's not entertaining"
Last year we're number 1 for inside 50s - "The Dees aren't attacking enough, it's not entertaining"

This year we're 10th for goals per game - "The Dees aren't attacking enough, it's not entertaining"
Last year we're 6th for goals per game - "The Dees aren't attacking enough, it's not entertaining"

It makes no sense to be making the same comments given those differences. It's a lazy excuse to hide behind super basic negative commentary. It's just so much safer to make negative comments and then go 'oh gee so happy I was wrong!' than to make any kind of genuine comments (even if they're positive) because we all now how hard everyone will go at you for daring to not make the same old tired negative safe commentary.

We're 2 goals per game behind the Cats and Blues.
I don't know what to tell you, there's inside 50s and there's inside 50s. Last year we were very good at locking it in our forward half. That meant we got games where we continuously bombed the ball into a crowded forward line and turned it over when it came back out.

Structurally impressive but it's boring as s**t to watch and ended with the two most frustrating finals I've ever watched us play in.

That Geelong Carlton game was one of the best games of footy I've seen in years. Definitely haven't seen us play in a game that good since 2021. You can throw out all the stats you want but sometimes it's just the eye test that tells the story.

Beat them three times in 2021, 2022 yep they were better 2023 we completely pissed that game down the drain. Not sure many teams in the AFL could say they've beaten the Cats in 3 of their last 5 games against them. Obviously I'm not saying this is a guaranteed win or anything ridiculous, but traditionally Gawn and our mids give them a lot of trouble, and May usually does well on Hawkins.

Please let it happen.
I rate Demons highly, and reading posts here, sounds like the team is not firing, but top 4 with some impressive wins...
We are being told we haven't played a decent team yet (Lions and Blues are pretty decent in my book), but this week, a well rested Demons team with Gawn, a great MF, and brilliant KB's, will certainly test us.
I wasnt convinced you guys initially but you're legit. Ridiculous how efficient you can be with a makeshift midfield.

Beat them three times in 2021, 2022 yep they were better 2023 we completely pissed that game down the drain. Not sure many teams in the AFL could say they've beaten the Cats in 3 of their last 5 games against them. Obviously I'm not saying this is a guaranteed win or anything ridiculous, but traditionally Gawn and our mids give them a lot of trouble, and May usually does well on Hawkins.
Hawkins was smashed by Weitering, and May is better.
He looks very sore and slow.
Petracca, Viney, Oliver do trouble us.
Gawn...say no more.

Maybe if you weren't such a snow flake we could have more engaging discussions
Oh we can. I’ll have another go.

Melbourne and Geelong have matched up well at times, though in the last two years have looked like they are pushing s**t up a hill against the cats. This year Melbourne have been middle of the road with the cats firming as favourites. Melbourne need to find better pathways to goal by cracking out the John Denver and cheering. I’m bullish on the Dees because I have a lisp and the only way I will score a cushy commentary position is to disagree with self evident facts. Dees by 40 plus

Missing the point. I'm not saying attacking footy isn't entertaining, I'm saying people are using 'exciting footy' just as a cover all topic to whinge about their football team. It's the same points on BigFooty by the same handful of posters over and over and over, which is ironic when talking entertainment.

This year we're 13th for inside 50s - "The Dees aren't attacking enough, it's not entertaining"
Last year we're number 1 for inside 50s - "The Dees aren't attacking enough, it's not entertaining"

This year we're 10th for goals per game - "The Dees aren't attacking enough, it's not entertaining"
Last year we're 6th for goals per game - "The Dees aren't attacking enough, it's not entertaining"

It makes no sense to be making the same comments given those differences. It's a lazy excuse to hide behind super basic negative commentary. It's just so much safer to make negative comments and then go 'oh gee so happy I was wrong!' than to make any kind of genuine comments (even if they're positive) because we all now how hard everyone will go at you for daring to not make the same old tired negative safe commentary.

We're 2 goals per game behind the Cats and Blues.
It's a free country. If I want to complain about my football team I shall.

Throw as many stats around as you want, they are mildly interesting.

I do not enjoy watching our brand of football. On current form we not playing well, and haven't really done so for some time.

People like to complain because it's cathartic and because they are passionate. As long as it's not crossing any lines I don't see the issue.

I wasnt convinced you guys initially but you're legit. Ridiculous how efficient you can be with a makeshift midfield.
Losing Danger is huge again for us. CGuthrie had a great game, but POST INJURY second game syndrome may be relevant this week.
We shall see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins was smashed by Weitering, and May is better.
He looks very sore and slow.
Petracca, Viney, Oliver do trouble us.
Gawn...say no more.
As long as you promise you’re not working an impressive reverse jinx, you can stay. Welcome

Maybe I'm getting confused I thought last year's game was the game we were infront most of the game but were extremely lucky to be infront cause they smashed us all game and danster blamed on Pickett for missing a shot on the boundary

Losing Danger is huge again for us. CGuthrie had a great game, but POST INJURY second game syndrome may be relevant this week.
We shall see.
Only way we are in this game is if our midfield finds some form but they've been meh to awful for a month now. I think you'll kill us when we turn it over. Our backline can only withstand so much as good as they've been.

As long as you promise you’re not working an impressive reverse jinx, you can stay. Welcome
Our board is slow at these previews, and your board's pov's are interesting. I was sure Demons would test us anyway, but no Danger v your MF is a genuine concern this week. He had enough gametime v Blues to set the standard.

They have Dangerfield out which will help us, although I presume Stewart will be back from concussion.

I reckon we match up well defensively with the Cats, although we’ll have to find someone who can run up the ground with Cameron.

We weren’t great against the Tigers but I’m giving us a chance here against the Cats if we can break even in the midfield and play well in the front half.

They have Dangerfield out which will help us, although I presume Stewart will be back from concussion.

I reckon we match up well defensively with the Cats, although we’ll have to find someone who can run up the ground with Cameron.

We weren’t great against the Tigers but I’m giving us a chance here against the Cats if we can break even in the midfield and play well in the front half.
Guess we're ****ed then 😂

Our board is slow at these previews, and your board's pov's are interesting. I was sure Demons would test us anyway, but no Danger v your MF is a genuine concern this week. He had enough gametime v Blues to set the standard.
I suspect (randomly hope) that we defend better than Carlton. We are going to need to because the other end is a lottery. Christ knows who plays on Cameron, but if you have any ideas let us know. We can email the president who in turn can talk to Goodwin

It's a free country. If I want to complain about my football team I shall.

Throw as many stats around as you want, they are mildly interesting.

I do not enjoy watching our brand of football. On current form we not playing well, and haven't really done so for some time.

People like to complain because it's cathartic and because they are passionate. As long as it's not crossing any lines I don't see the issue.
It's actually quite bizarre to criticize people who want to enjoy the footy more.
You pay money, membership fees travel etc and devote your time every single week to the product. You're more than entitled to want to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back