Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does Rat go back and DBJ forward?
Keep Ratugolea a mile away from our backline. Turns the ball over inside defensive 50 at least once per game. He has no clear match up in the Hawks forward line either.

4 talls is insane
1726124434755.png

I couldn't resist.

Hope it's a great game tomorrow. I still get nightmares of Tredders ripping us a new one on the regular back in the day so I'm never going to into a game against you lot with an easy mind.

Todd Marshall is taking a massive risk playing here. I really hope this doesn't end badly for him.

On skill Todd is the obvious inclusion tommorow, but my god, if we’ve risked him early cause Hinkley wants to save his own bacon I’ll go bunta.
It’s been over a month since his concussion. This is the most conservative port has ever been and if naming him this week is a risk then he should be retiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So DBJ staying back. Tsk

Maybe not, Aliir, BZT and Bergman will be the tall defenders, LEvans, Jones and Sinn the small. Burgoyne and even Rozee could rotate back there.

Depends how they set up the forward line, you wouldn't think all 4 talls would be up there all the time.

Ken in the presser said Burton was OK?

Is this 4d chess?
Last week Ken was being criticised for not playing some ducks and drakes. Now he’s being criticised for not being transparent.

My guess, Burton got a text from a Hawks player to say we’re going to hit you hard so he’s hiding.

No one crying about our selection depth like Carlton and Collingwood all year. Lord, Williams, Clurey, Lorenz the next options, then a handful of 0 gamers who will get destroyed.

Edit: I'm assuming Soldo is injured again
Soldo is ok, but he's only had 1 game in the ruck in the SANFL.

We can totally out mark Hawthorn in the forward line getting lots of set shots on goal.

Because that 4 tall forward game plan totally worked for the Adelaide Crows in round 20.

Well for 1 quarter at least. Then it didn't go so well after quarter time.
We are basing selection on the principle that if we play all of Ratugolea, Marshall and Dixon forward, then we should get the equivalent return of at least 1 tall forward having a good game. That is absolutely best case scenario and is terribly flawed, especially as all three are completely out of form and two are under serious fitness clouds. We're effectively accepting that we will lose three positions in our forward line and allow the opposition to run it out of there without any opposition.

As vulnerable as our backline will be tomorrow (no Houston, Farrell, Burton) and below its best that our midfield will be (Rozee on skiing holiday and Butters tender as a succulent roast lamb), it is likely that our weakest department will be our forward zone.

We are stuffed. All time stuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back