Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One sanfl game and he was the 2nd best Port Ruck out there.

I refuse to believe someone 110 kilos plus has the fitness level to run out 120 minutes of a AFL game after 2 months off with a knee injury off of 1 SANFL game.

I don’t believe it’s a risk Port need to take.

Soldo is not Brendan Lade there is not a significant difference between him and Sweet.

I don't think Port will do this. It could happen for finals if Soldo is flying in the sanfl 2 weeks from now.

Last edited:
Can we please treat it as a mini gf too, it basically is for us. A win probably locks In top 4 and top 2 if we beat freo too.

Fair bit more like a mini gf here than simply making the crows feel somewhat good about another September holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was Georgiadis out there?
Apparently, Houston has a foot injury?

I heard that on the news and figured they just confused him with Bergman. It's not like they care about us.

I'm not sure why we're making fun of the Crows for treating this like a GF. They do it every time and catch us napping. It's embarrassing that either a) we treat it like just another game and can't lift our intensity or more likely b) we crumble under the pressure of a rivalry game.

This will be a great test of finals pressure because we'll be playing a poor team that is absolutely bursting out of their skin to beat us. If we can't comfortably account for them, we'll get smoked in September when it matters. As usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should win either way but no georgiades is a big factor. Prior to his injury you could mount a case that he was our most important player. Was hoping he would be back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not sure why we're making fun of the Crows for treating this like a GF. They do it every time and catch us napping. It's embarrassing that either a) we treat it like just another game and can't lift our intensity or more likely b) we crumble under the pressure of a rivalry game.

This will be a great test of finals pressure because we'll be playing a poor team that is absolutely bursting out of their skin to beat us. If we can't comfortably account for them, we'll get smoked in September when it matters. As usual.
Yeah I am sick and tired of us losing showdowns. Weak and pathetic. And in the Bars too.

can someone tell me why one of butters/rozee/jhf start the game on the bench 90% of the games this season.

I can only assume it's trying to manage their game time to avoid burnout like last year. Our starts have been good this year, so I'm less worried than I used to be about it.

We'll see what happens in finals though. This is far from the first time Hinks has begun to lull people into a false sense of hope around this time of year.

One sanfl game and he was the 2nd best Port Ruck out there.

I refuse to believe someone 110 kilos plus has the fitness level to run out 120 minutes of a AFL game after 2 months off with a knee injury off of 1 SANFL game.

I don’t believe it’s a risk Port need to take.

Soldo is not Brendan Lade there is not a significant difference between him and Sweet.

I don't think Port will do this. It could happen for finals if Soldo is flying in the sanfl 2 weeks from now.
If we're serious, then hell will freeze over before we do that selection blunder.

I can only assume it's trying to manage their game time to avoid burnout like last year. Our starts have been good this year, so I'm less worried than I used to be about it.

We'll see what happens in finals though. This is far from the first time Hinks has begun to lull people into a false sense of hope around this time of year.
the game time is usually very similar, but one of them start on the bench, its very odd.

can someone tell me why one of butters/rozee/jhf start the game on the bench 90% of the games this season.
It’s nothing new, not just this year. It’s to start a wines or Drew (or both) in the first bounce. It’s dumb, but they do it every match.

It’s nothing new, not just this year. It’s to start a wines or Drew (or both) in the first bounce. It’s dumb, but they do it every match.
Making up for Drew starting on the bench in that Prelim.

Port win: Finals and possibly top 4.
Port lose: Sack Ken becomes a reality.

I can’t see how the crows will be motivated by the possibility of being the team that broke the hinkleys back, leading Port towards the promised land of post apocalyptic ken where premierships reign and mental toughness rules supreme. For that to be of any motivation to get up and beat us in a dead rubber for them, I can't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back