Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton @MCG – Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just the obligatory. Brayshaw for Jordan / Harmes and JVR for Brown or Tomlinson.

I am not sure if anyone noticed but Collingwood only kicked 60 points last night.
Matthew Mcconaughey Chest Thump GIF by Paramount Movies

Pretty damn unlucky to have JVR unavailable, Melk and Petty injured and Brown cooked all at once. Injuries happen but it's rare to have four of the same type of player unavailable at the same time.

Anyway after cooling down, I'd go with:

A KPD in for Salem. Turner or Tomlinson. Salem has been big ordinary for many weeks and offers little.

Grundy in for JVR, as much as it makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

JJ in for Gus, with similar vomit-inducing reactions.

Woey sub instead of Laurie.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty damn unlucky to have JVR unavailable, Melk and Petty injured and Brown cooked all at once. Injuries happen but it's rare to have four of the same type of player unavailable at the same time.

A KPD in for Salem. Turner or Tomlinson. Salem has been big ordinary for many weeks and offers little.

Options are slim. Probably any combination is going to have to do. If we are to win well from next week it’s coming from Petracca, Oliver, Gawn, May, Pickett etc. Those guys will just have to have blinders. Hopefully the thought of not winning a final for two years is enough to spur us on.

We’re going out in straight sets so it doesn’t really matter but can we please drop Chandler? He’s no good.

So you’re all okay with Chandler? Three weeks in a row now he’s been unsighted.

Give Spargo a run. Couldn’t go worse.

Sparrow is another who’s right on the edge of my frustrate-o-metre. Giving very, very little.

Sparrow is another who’s right on the edge of my frustrate-o-metre. Giving very, very little.
I think Spargo gets a game. We may have to play Petracca forward as well. Going to be a week for reflection. At a minimum we have to win next week.

i think spargo could somewhat address our problems kicking inside 50, and crumbing packs (instead of 4 people flying for the ball with no one on the ground). The only issue is he needs to be able to find the footy more than 8 times a game to have a proper impact.

I think we should go with mcdonald/grundy/schache and smith as the key forwards, and focus on kicking in low to avoid carlton’s very good key defence. Pickett, Chandler, ANB and fritsch will be vital

I'm not, but what are our options?

Spargo doesn't exactly fill me with much confidence either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly don't care. Still genuinely shattered to the point where I'm now in this negative head space of the reality that we're staring down the barrel of 2 years in a row with straight finals exit.

I mean, we've got slim pickings anyway.

Losing Gus and JVR on top of a dysfunctional forward line is too much to think.
No Petty, No Melk, No Gus, No JVR

Maybe a bit unlucky. But Petty and Melk weren't a plan for our F50 this year. Goody got lucky Melk caught fire and Petty got moved there based on need. JVR is just a kid and was a liability anyway last night. It's horrid list management. We knew Tmac and Brown were cooked, and Melk was pretty much done. The best we could trade in was Schache who's not AFL standard. Only ourselves to blame for not having forward depth.

Chandler has been trash since round 5. Might have played 1 good game since. He's gotta go. I'd bring in Spargo. At least he might hit a few targets with his 7 possessions. Although it's our game plan that f***s our small forwards. So I'm not sure it will make much difference.

I'm not, but what are our options?

Spargo doesn't exactly fill me with much confidence either.

Me either. But he’s played well in some finals and big games.

I agree with CrustyDemon. Give me 10 creative Spargo touches over the poo donuts Chandler is producing.

I think the only chance we got to get through to a prelim is if Swans win tonight. Which is highly doubtful. Plus, with our forward issues, can se the Swans being a big chance against us also. But Blues will beat us, Swans we're a chance. Either way, Lions murder us at the Gabba.

I think the only chance we got to get through to a prelim is if Swans win tonight. Which is highly doubtful. Plus, with our forward issues, can se the Swans being a big chance against us also. But Blues will beat us, Swans we're a chance. Either way, Lions murder us at the Gabba.

Pies v Lions GF

Carlton the next best in it.

Lions will be confident going in against Pies with the firepower they’ve got in front of goal.

We don’t stand a chance until we totally re-model attack. Picks 5, 15, 2024 first rounder & McAdam arriving from Adelaide gives us a shot at it. Who knows maybe we can fully address this issue in November.

Out: JVR, Guts Brayshaw, T-Mac and Laurie

In: Grundy, Woewodin, Jordon and Tomlinson.

The in's are hard. Not a lot to pick from.

JVR will get suspended and T-Mac does not deserve another kick after last night. Grundy will be a our big bullocking full forward next week. He can't do worse than JVR's and T-mac's combined effort. I am a Grawndy 4.0 truther and we will need someone to give Gawn a chop out given that JVR won't play.

Laurie sucks and I don't know why we persist with him. Swing Bowey forward to play Laurie's role. Where he belongs. He is the only player in the side that lowers his eyes and tries to hit a target. Hopefully Simple Simon doesn't drag him to the bench for not sticking with the gameplan of bombing it blindly into the pocket.

Woewodin into the side to cover for Bowey in defence, he has got a week to figure out how to play HBF.

Jordon in to replace Brayshaw. Hopefully that frees Petracca to play more time in the forward 50. Need him to find a way for a Trac, Grundy, Kosi, Nibbler, Chandler and Fritsch forward line to kick a winning score.

Lever and May kept getting sucked into the contest up the ground allowing easy over the back goals. Time to bring back our premiership winning 2021 formula by playing a third KPD. Levery and May were at their best when we had the third tall allowing them to zone off, leaving May as the last line of defence. Tomlinson in.

OUT: Gus, JVR, McDonald, Laurie
IN: Jordan, Tomlinson, Spargo, Woey (Sub)

Smith to play FWD alongside Trac & Fritta.
This will be close to it i reckon. Tommo will get goals kicked on him, but if it means May keeps Curnow relatively quiet, then I'm happy with that result.

At what point does Goodwin consider going in with a proper small forward line next week? You've gotta imagine sitting there trying to decide who will be least ineffective out of Grundy/Tmac/Schache HAS to make you give consideration to going in with:

Kosi - Fritsch - Chandler
ANB - Petracca/Smith - Woewodin/Spargo

Pick that forwardline and tell them their job is to get 6 tackles each and we'll beat either Carlton or Sydney.

Has Choco stopped being our goalkicking coach? What the hell has happened? We were #1 accurate team early in the season. Probably bottom 2 or 3 now. Chandler, TMac, Fritta, Koz all usually beautiful set shots. All turned to rubbish.

At what point does Goodwin consider going in with a proper small forward line next week? You've gotta imagine sitting there trying to decide who will be least ineffective out of Grundy/Tmac/Schache HAS to make you give consideration to going in with:

Kosi - Fritsch - Chandler
ANB - Petracca/Smith - Woewodin/Spargo

Pick that forwardline and tell them their job is to get 6 tackles each and we'll beat either Carlton or Sydney.

I’d do roughly the same and just instruct our mids to either lower eyes or grubber it in there.

Pointless bombing it high to sh1t talls. Absolute fodder for Weitering.

No Grundy please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back