Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Rate our selections for this week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said.

1700 kms? Wow you must be exhausted
Yeah, it's tiring.
Adelaide ==> Broken Hill, 6 hours, Day 1.
BHill ==> Gilgandra, 8 hours, Day 2.
Gilgandra ==> Lightning Ridge, 3 hours, morning Day 3.
There are slightly shorter ways but that's the route I chose this time, for variety

Before oldness :sadv1:kicked in, lol@me, I used to do the drive in one hit, stopping only for SERVO fuel/food/toilet, 15 hours.
As I said, gives me the chance to think a lot, plus I tend to play tourist and stop and look around more than I used to :whistle:.

No, that’s not what he said. Research and then try again.
Seems hes changed his ways over time:

"If someone has niggles you give them a rest so they complete as many sessions as possible, cut the sessions short if someone's a bit sore, or you can build them up and push them through those periods where they're a little sore, a little bit tender and a little bit fatigued … to provide them with that robustness to get through."

Burgess said he used to subscribe to the former theory before evolving to the latter in recent years.

Say what?!?!?

Since 2013 we have had 3 different CEO's / 4 different coaches and had a season where we finished top and made a grand final and had a season where we lost 13 games in a row and won our first spoon.

Our philosophies have been ever-changing and constantly evolving these past 8 years.
Strongly disagree.

Whats happened to McAdam,
Does anyone see a spot for him in our team in the future ?
Does he take McHenry's spot ?
Not sure about McAdam. But McHenry looks to be struggling to become a dangerous small forward. He has great intensity but lacks the creativity to get into scoring positions enough.

I see McHenry as an elite tagger who could easily make each game for his opponent pretty miserable. He has the tank to "run with" all day and the physicality to really give his opponent a very hard day. A bit like Hayden Ballantine.

McAdam is now behind Rowe and Rachele. His best chance is if we choose a smaller forward line with only two talks and four smalls.

So apparently the Power had their request to wear the prison bars denied. So that's one less change on the cards.

And so they shouldn't after disrespecting Ebert last weekend. I could make tons of tasteless comments about that but I won't I watched Ebert play most years and the guy was just brilliant, in his day he was Bont, with ability and skill on top and he deserves respect.

No way that plastic franchise should get to trade on the foundations great men like Ebert, Fos Williams, Motley Cahill ,Obst and Boyd laid down.

FB: Brown - Butts - Doedee
HB: Smith - Murray - Jones
C: Cook - Crouch - Dawson
HF: Rachele - Thilthorpe - Pedlar
FF: Rowe - Fogarty - Gollant
FOLL: O’Brien - Schoenberg - Laird
INT: Keays - Worrell - Sloane - McHenry
SUB: Hinge
Hinge to the medical sub is pretty tough. I thought he was amongst our best on Saturday. I think he'll be a best 22 lock soon.

Burgo will only advise in terms of selection, he has his philosophies, but they don't align with existing club philosophies. He'll be gone end of year.
Burgo be gone at the end of the year?

Is this more of your insider knowledge (like the AFC auditor declaring our finances were an ONGOING CONCERN *)
or a hunch?

I am willing to disappear from Bigfooty for 2023 (moderators can verify that I set up no alternative accounts) if Burgo is gone by round one next year PROVIDING you take a one year holiday if Burgo is still with us.

Do you have the balls to make the bet?

* Two years and you are still unwilling to quote the page in the annual report that substantiates your claim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out - Sloane, Himmelberg, (Soligo)

In - Laird, Strachan, (Davis)

Perhaps Lycett was still injured but ROB took him apart in the trial match. Strachanie is a much, much better ruckman than Himmelberg and is equally capable of making a contest in the forward line. Using two ruckman could give us an advantage and Strachan can provide a third marking target up forward.

I take very little from SANFL trial match form. I would like to see Hately, Berry, Milera, Hamill, Frampton, Worrell, Murphy, Thilthorpe etc light it up against the Magpies before being selected in the AFL.

Almost everyone had Murray as a lock for our second key defender, give him four games before shuffling the deck chairs.

I still believe Pedlar is underdone but give him 4 matches including some time in the midfield.

Dropping Schoenberg is ridiculous.

Yeah, it's tiring.
Adelaide ==> Broken Hill, 6 hours, Day 1.
BHill ==> Gilgandra, 8 hours, Day 2.
Gilgandra ==> Lightning Ridge, 3 hours, morning Day 3.
There are slightly shorter ways but that's the route I chose this time, for variety

Before oldness :sadv1:kicked in, lol@me, I used to do the drive in one hit, stopping only for SERVO fuel/food/toilet, 15 hours.
As I said, gives me the chance to think a lot, plus I tend to play tourist and stop and look around more than I used to :whistle:.

How do you pass the time? Podcasts? Audiobooks? That much driving would send me crazy

Suspenseful day.

Feels like one of those crossroad moments.

I realise that is dramatising it, but fu** this selection night, go 0-3 could be the beginning of the end or is it the end of the beginning?

In - Laird - who needs to tackle or handball when your 1 wood is a hack kick forward anyway
Out - soligo - good to see a kid get a game and a bit of a gift from captain sloane, who basically stated that he couldn't be trusted if the game was still on the line. Magnanimous stuff from skip.
Sub - Pedlar - Schoey struggling with his disposal, unlike Sloane or Crouch, or Laird with his arm in plaster, so gets a pressure release and can just watch the $hit$how unfold from the goalsquare. Pedlar has gone and failed as a small forward again. No future as a mid if he can't even prove himself an elite forward ahead of our crisp ball movement and precise delivery.

From left field - Murray forward for Himmelberg and Worrell to replace Murray down back. I see a lot of the Blight genius and madness in Nicksy.

In - Laird - who needs to tackle or handball when your 1 wood is a hack kick forward anyway
Out - soligo - good to see a kid get a game and a bit of a gift from captain sloane, who basically stated that he couldn't be trusted if the game was still on the line. Magnanimous stuff from skip.
Sub - Pedlar - Schoey struggling with his disposal, unlike Sloane or Crouch, or Laird with his arm in plaster, so gets a pressure release and can just watch the $hit$how unfold from the goalsquare. Pedlar has gone and failed as a small forward again. No future as a mid if he can't even prove himself an elite forward ahead of our crisp ball movement and precise delivery.

From left field - Murray forward for Himmelberg and Worrell to replace Murray down back. I see a lot of the Blight genius and madness in Nicksy.
Genuinely concerned you aren't far off the truth.

Godden did say Worrall had a good game against Port so who knows that might actually happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Back