Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Which of these players come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

After 3 weeks out I don't reckon Mcadam is an auto selection. He hardly dominated round 1 and to be honest possibly turned the momentum with his dumb bump (although he didn't deserve the 3 weeks). I would have him earn his place back through SANFL.

Out: Gollant (If FOG is in), Shoenberg
In: Fog, Pedlar

Ned the sub on LILO basis.

Berry hasn't been playing well enough to be an auto selection IMO

After 3 weeks out I don't reckon Mcadam is an auto selection. He hardly dominated round 1 and to be honest possibly turned the momentum with his dumb bump (although he didn't deserve the 3 weeks). I would have him earn his place back through SANFL.

He is an auto selection given he’s always been selected when available and finished top 10 in our B&F.

As the the GWS game, we hardly got the ball forward in the second half and he didn’t turn that game.

If he misses this game it will be 4 weeks before he plays any football and he will miss 5 weeks of afl if he’s required to play SANFL. I can’t see the club wanting that to happen.

Momentum was long gone by the time Mcadam bumped, scores were level by then.

I agree with you about being not sure if he's auto selection, Berry too.

Just realise we find out the team tonight, woohoo, this is going to be the most interesting and telling selections for the year
Team Thursday becoming team Wednesday messes with my OCD....in a very positive way :) I hope the selections prove to be just as positive. I am free this evening so will tune in for the inevitable melts and hysteria. Better comedy and drama than most Aussie TV shows (not that that's hard) :D

Last edited:
He is an auto selection given he’s always been selected when available and finished top 10 in our B&F.

As the the GWS game, we hardly got the ball forward in the second half and he didn’t turn that game.

If he misses this game it will be 4 weeks before he plays any football and he will miss 5 weeks of afl if he’s required to play SANFL. I can’t see the club wanting that to happen.
This is the selection headache they have. The performance of Pedlar in his last game means he has to come in. Murphy may go out for McAdam but not sure they will want that after playing some of his best footy since coming back into the team. Will be an interesting watch, I'm not a big McAdam fan tbh. I reckon he throws our balance out. If we are playing Tex, FOG/Gollant & RT then mcadam throws the mix of defensive forwards out, he also isn't an amazing field kick

I’m glad he’s playing, it will be a good test for us, and I don’t like seeing players rubbed out over very little.

That said the tribunal is a complete and utter farce, you never know what they’ll do.
agree overall but check the postcode of the players club will give you a not-too-subtle hint regarding likely decision

What should happen
Out
McHenry Gollant Keays Butts Schoenberg
In
Pedlar Fogarty McAdam Keane Berry

What will happen
Out
Gollant Murphy/Sholl
In
Fogarty Pedlar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: McAdam, Pedlar, Fogarty
Out: Gollant (very unlucky), Shoenberg, one of McHenry/Murphy

Right now, McAdam for Gollant is an almost neutral move as Lachy has been great for us in McAdams absence...apart from McAdam is more mobile and fast so will offset having Tex, Thilthorpe and Fog up forwarda bit better as we could be too top heavy. Pedlar is a big upgrade on an out of form Shoenberg and Fogarty if fit just comes in.

In: McAdam, Pedlar, Fogarty
Out: Gollant (very unlucky), Shoenberg, one of McHenry/Murphy

Right now, McAdam for Gollant is an almost neutral move as Lachy has been great for us in McAdams absence...apart from McAdam is more mobile and fast so will offset having Tex, Thilthorpe and Fog up forwarda bit better as we could be too top heavy. Pedlar is a big upgrade on an out of form Shoenberg and Fogarty if fit just comes in.
Schoenberg wasn't in the 22.

Just realise we find out the team tonight, woohoo, this is going to be the most interesting and telling selections for the year
I think it's fair to say that the 23 named tonight is less predictable than the round 1 team.
Other than Fogs knee, it's all caused by good form of too many players to fit in.

Can't remember saying that for five years now!

So don’t stress over the fact that, in the interests of football CARLTON, the Tribunal made the right decision.
Ftfy.

After all, it could’ve been one of your players in McKay’s position!
One of our players would've been suspension upheld, you galah.
Look at the McAdam decision --- NOT hit high, no forearm involved, bloke hit played on, THREE weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Back