Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Which of these players come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Schoenberg's form wasn't great either.

Imo, both need a good hit out in the sanfl & earn their way back.

If we need to rest Sloane, can bring back in McAdam or McHenry & play Keays more on ball.
Love Schoenbergs good traits but unless he cleans up his ball take he will struggle to take next step

He’s been terrible this year imo.
BC goes off on keays but imo this week he could have easily been dropped.

Maybe not in the convo yet, but if his output continues, it wouldn’t be too far away. When the selectors have to start dropping players that delivered pretty well, you wouldn’t want to be not performing for too long yourself. No doubt he’s carrying credits, but they get used up pretty quickly when good players are missing out and guys get dropped after playing well.

Burgess will know exactly how to manage him.

the only real difference between 2022 and 2023 Tex has been his yips in front of the big sticks.

he’s missed some very basic shots on goal..

the four he kicked on the weekend hopefully went some way to ironing out those yips.

He should be playing most weeks but I still think he should be left out of the team that goes to tassie though..

We should be very conscious of keeping him fresh but if he is feeling okay I wouldnt rest him until (hopefully not far past round 7) our win loss is in the right direction. Win the next two and we are in control of our season again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe not in the convo yet, but if his output continues, it wouldn’t be too far away. When the selectors have to start dropping players that delivered pretty well, you wouldn’t want to be not performing for too long yourself. No doubt he’s carrying credits, but they get used up pretty quickly when good players are missing out and guys get dropped after playing well.
You’d hope so.. but they’ve made him part of the leadership group..

along with smith..

both have been mostly poor this season.

both will probably get an entire season of games to try and turn it around.

that is nothing short of a travesty given we have so much young talent showing far more than both these blokes.

do we want to have every chance possible of winning?.. or do we want to continue putting our faith in failed and out of form players cause they are seen as “leadership” types?

I wanna win.. and the best way to win is play your most in form players regardless of age.

this club would have Nick Daicos playing in the 2’s just to keep “experience“ like Milera and Smith in the team.. they have form.

Tex's leadership can't be undervalued too.

Reckon Fog may end up with the better defender but then Tex can get under their guard.
Have no issue with that this year. He is in great form.

But do we offer him a contract for next year?

Another season with Gollant out.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RND-5-Instagram-Lineup-1080x1350.png

Round 5 team v Adelaide
Backs:Lewis YoungJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernLachie Cowan
Centreline:Adam CerraPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Ed CurnowCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettSam Walsh
Interchange:Blake AcresCorey DurdinMatthew Kennedy
Marc Pittonet
Emergencies:Jack CarrollJosh HoneyLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman
Carlton are such a tall team. Might work at the Docklands...but...

Have no issue with that this year. He is in great form.

But do we offer him a contract for next year?

Another season with Gollant out.

If Tex kicks another 45-50 goals this year my guess is he will be offered another contract and rightly so. He's still actually only 32 and we are seeing players now keep going until mid 30s if they are performing well enough. Lance Franklin is 36 and still manged 52 goals last year.

I'd be more concerned if Tex was keeping TT or Fogarty out of the team as he was a few years ago, but thats not the case anymore.

With Gollant, Fog and Thilthorpe are we at the point where this should be Tex's last year with us?

No shame in him cashing in somewhere else for next year. Will always be a Crows legend.

He still offers a lot of on field leadership, and does well in terms of score involvements.

But is it time to make that call. Gollant should play every week.

Gosh!!!
And I thought the club dropping Ned this week was a big call.

But seriously, you make a point which is valid. Not sure how I feel about it though. I'd feel Modra deja vu and that's not a good feeling.

Burgess will know exactly how to manage him.

the only real difference between 2022 and 2023 Tex has been his yips in front of the big sticks.

he’s missed some very basic shots on goal..

the four he kicked on the weekend hopefully went some way to ironing out those yips.

He should be playing most weeks but I still think he should be left out of the team that goes to tassie though..
If Tex didn't break all his fingers before going on this week he could've had 6+. Couldn't hold a mark to save his life for some reason.

I like the changes. Strange to not see McAdam or Berry even in the emergencies but I’m sure both will be back in the side before too long. McHenry being dropped isn’t even remotely surprising. He’s a depth player. Pedlar is much more than a depth player.

Will be very interested to see if we go with Dawson in a head to head matchup with Cripps as a full time mid. That would be absolutely mouth-watering, even for neutrals. I don’t really see who the hell else we can play on him without the big body of Berry in the side. The likes of Rachele, Laird, Soligo and Sloane would get absolutely rag-dolled. He’s 195cm for crying out loud. Captain on captain. Please pull the trigger on this Nicksy!

Butts on McKay is a major concern. I think he has to go to him though, because Curnow is even more likely to destroy him, plus Murray gives away too much height to McKay.

Other than those issues, and their resting ruck in attack, I think we match up pretty well.

Hoping Keays is asked to stick to Saad like glue again. That matchup won us the game last time.

This is the biggest non-Showdown event we’ve been involved in since the GF rematch against Richmond in 2018. Time to see what we’re really made of.

Schoenberg's form wasn't great either.

Imo, both need a good hit out in the sanfl & earn their way back.

If we need to rest Sloane, can bring back in McAdam or McHenry & play Keays more on ball.
Schoenberg has done that more than Berry.

I’d rather not have Keays more on the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Back