Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Which of these players come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Harsh on Ned and Gollant but Pedlar and Fog are clearly better players.

Assume Ned will be sub.

Can see us making a few changes next week to freshen up the side.
Tex needs to be left at home next week.. no trip to freezing old Tassie for his old bones..

but do you reacon they will if he kicks another 4 tomorrow night?

this club can’t even be trusted to leave out its veterans when they are in poor form.. let alone when they are firing..

Two weeks can change the entire trajectory of a career. Especially when the showdown is involved.
Yep, exhibit A: Jordan Gallucci

Concussed in a showdown, dropped the following week (the only player to be dropped after we got thrashed) and never played again.

Two harsh calls on McHenry and Gollant considering their performances last week, but ultimately, they are the two right calls.

No issues here, seems like we've played this one with a straight bat.

Interesting stat I heard from Champion Data this week, that Tex is coming 2nd in score involvements in the AFL, only Toby Greene has done better.

I don't get why this keeps getting shared 😅 he's not even #2 at our club?!?!? (25th in the AFL)

Daniel Hoyne from Champion Data at the 17m52s mark of video.

Exact wording is that in the last 2.5 to 3 years since 2021, only Toby Greene has been involved in more scores for his team.

I imagine this is different interpretation to score involvements for AFL.

I guess i should be impressed that when its a Fun Fact almost rarely does anyone challenge, meaning you guys always check them lol, makes me laugh.

Keeps me honest.:$

Tex needs to be left at home next week.. no trip to freezing old Tassie for his old bones..

but do you reacon they will if he kicks another 4 tomorrow night?

this club can’t even be trusted to leave out its veterans when they are in poor form.. let alone when they are firing..

Yup, Matt Crouch and Luke Brown can testify to that.

It was hypothetical, but anyone that’s struggling with a new role should not get to learn on the job.
He hasn't been as terrible as some on this board are protecting.

He's still a better option than McHenry & Murphy imo as need to judge on a body of work not 1 game.

Can we go thru the games again and can tell me when Keays has been good average poor ?

Round 1 - top 6 of our guys GOOD
Round 2 - average
Round 3 - average
Round 4 - average … did hit more targets I50 for uncontested marks than any other player but few errors which prevented a good score

19 disposals a game , 7 score involvements a game

Negatives - Poor goalkicking , underwhelming when he’s gone into midfield for mine as froggy said
It should for any line ball call
If it comes down to next premiership involvement no wonder McAdam isn’t playing as he will be 34+ by then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Gollant, Fog and Thilthorpe are we at the point where this should be Tex's last year with us?

No shame in him cashing in somewhere else for next year. Will always be a Crows legend.

He still offers a lot of on field leadership, and does well in terms of score involvements.

But is it time to make that call. Gollant should play every week.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He hasn't been as terrible as some on this board are protecting.

He's still a better option than McHenry & Murphy imo as need to judge on a body of work not 1 game.
19 possessions a game and 7 score involvements a game …. Don’t reckon he’s played well when he’s gone into midfield

Would like to see his stats vs comp for I50 targets hit for marks as it would be one of our best

Well I spoke with McAdam at half time in the Crows players box and he was most definitely not drunk or drinking.
Must have hit the gas heavily in the second half 🤣
Perhaps the op misheard their colleague:

“I saw McAdam blind drunk at the football.”

To be interpreted as:

“Blind drunk, I saw McAdam at the football.”

The other option is that the colleague was blind drunk at the time of telling the story at work?!?!

He’s been terrible this year imo.
BC goes off on keays but imo this week he could have easily been dropped.

Has he?

For forwards this year, Ben is elite for disposals, score involvements, pressure acts, marks, inside 50s, and uhh behinds. Above average at tackles, ground ball gets, and goal assists. Considering he's spent a lot of time in the graveyard role that has killed quite a few careers at this club, he's frustrating but doing it very well.

Last edited:
So whining on an internet forum 24/7 like a petulant child is going to change who gets picked? What exactly is all your endless crying on here achieving?

If you read the post I didn't say he should be in the side I gave my guesses as to why he's unlikely to be dropped at this point in time. Hopefully as the year progresses and kids continue to improve that doesn't remain the case and he also feels the selection pressure. I'm just not gonna sit and cry about it on bigfooty if someone gets picked ahead of others as it achieves nothing.
Wow..

that’s fxxkn low..

just go the old “you‘re a whiner” route to defend your comments.. thats piss weak mate.

this is a public forum. I am happy with every single selection this week but one.. and the one is just dumbfounding. It’s my choice to give my opinion and call it out.

I could just as rightly ask why people are getting upset about me pointing to the massive elephant, with the number 2 on the guernsey, in the room..

just how long are we going to carry this absolute spud when we now have far better options?..

With Gollant, Fog and Thilthorpe are we at the point where this should be Tex's last year with us?

No shame in him cashing in somewhere else for next year. Will always be a Crows legend.

He still offers a lot of on field leadership, and does well in terms of score involvements.

One more year, then Tyler Welsh takes his spot.

No pressure young fella!

I would’ve brought back Schoenberg and rested Sloane
Did you misspell Berry?

Sloane should be rested at times during the year.

Was sore after round 1 & showed in the 2nd game where he could hardly run.

Can we go thru the games again and can tell me when Keays has been good average poor ?

Round 1 - top 6 of our guys GOOD
Round 2 - average
Round 3 - average
Round 4 - average … did hit more targets I50 for uncontested marks than any other player but few errors which prevented a good score

19 disposals a game , 7 score involvements a game

Negatives - Poor goalkicking , underwhelming when he’s gone into midfield for mine as froggy said

If it comes down to next premiership involvement no wonder McAdam isn’t playing as he will be 34+ by then
Keays won't be in the next premiership either. and not because of age. because he's trash.

Wow..

that’s fxxkn low..

just go the old “you‘re a whiner” route to defend your comments.. thats piss weak mate.

this is a public forum. I am happy with every single selection this week but one.. and the one is just dumbfounding. It’s my choice to give my opinion and call it out.

I could just as rightly ask why people are getting upset about me pointing to the massive elephant, with the number 2 on the guernsey, in the room..

just how long are we going to carry this absolute spud when we now have far better options?..
Now you’re whining about someone whining about your constant whining.

A black hole is about to swallow us all up if you don’t stop.

If Tex continues his current form, he can keep playing... but we need to manage his games.

Good changes this week, I genuinely thought Ned may stay in after last week, that was one of his best if not best games for the club. So tough on him to go out but we made the right call. I think McAdam will come in for Murphy next week.

Just shows how good our forward line depth is though, when we have guys like Ned, Gollant and Murphy who can come in and contribute like they have when we have injuries. Now we just need to get the same level of depth in our midfield and defence and we are set!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Back