Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Brisbane (Adams, Varcoe, Sinclair in; Reid, Broomy and Aish out)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage I'd be happy to put Aish into the VFL and to bring in another debutant: Wills or Phillips. Perhaps JDG needs to find some touch in the twos, so two debutants might be feasible.

The point is that we're not in the hunt this year, and I'd support any selections which are made with a view to future development...and I think the development of Aish and JDG would benefit from some VFL football.

Yeah, I can't imagine Aish playing next week. Broomhead wil be injured too. Looks like debutants might come in.

Yeah, I can't imagine Aish playing next week. Broomhead wil be injured too. Looks like debutants might come in.

I suppose I was also assuming that neither Adams or Varcoe will come back next week, though Varcoe might be likely.

So Cloke, Brown and Marsh could also join the injury list... the club is cursed... bad luck can't explain this many injuries.

Given today's VFL result no one is putting their hand up to come in so if Adams and Varco aren't ready maybe we should just go unchanged (barring injury). At least we would have some continuity in team selection.

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-7_20-14-21.png
    upload_2016-5-7_20-14-21.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 3
At this stage I'd be happy to put Aish into the VFL and to bring in another debutant: Wills or Phillips. Perhaps JDG needs to find some touch in the twos, so two debutants might be feasible.

The point is that we're not in the hunt this year, and I'd support any selections which are made with a view to future development...and I think the development of Aish and JDG would benefit from some VFL football.
I agree we're not in the hunt this year, but given that we accept we're not making finals this year, why drop guys like Aish and JDG? They'll learn more in the AFL than the VFL.

We need to pick what we think are the core for next year and get as many games into them as possible.

Does anyone know what happened to Cloke? If he was emergency for the seniors then when did he get injured... on the walk from the MCG to Olympic Park? Or is it just because he's having a sook about having to play reserves?

I agree we're not in the hunt this year, but given that we accept we're not making finals this year, why drop guys like Aish and JDG? They'll learn more in the AFL than the VFL.

We need to pick what we think are the core for next year and get as many games into them as possible.

Would like to see them at VFL for different reasons. For Aish, a bit of time to try some different roles, and to later find his place at AFL with a more definitive purpose. For JDG, it would be a play for confidence. His efforts are there, but I think he's lacking a bit of touch.

Does anyone know what happened to Cloke? If he was emergency for the seniors then when did he get injured... on the walk from the MCG to Olympic Park? Or is it just because he's having a sook about having to play reserves?

Cloke hurt his back at Traing Friday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, it's hard to actually pick the changes, based on what's available.

Ideally you'd omit 5-6 players from today and probably lose Broomhead and Reid to injury.

But we don't have the replacements.

So a guess at it;

In: Varcoe, Sinclair, Adams (maybe)
Out: Reid, Broomhead (both injured), Aish

Who else is there to come in for the other battlers? The VFL had no one, no one from that VFL team deserves a game next week, Marsh and Witts are the only 2 who I'd consider and they aren't physically ready yet.

I'm starting to think our players are trying to injure themselves so as they don't have to be selected for such a rabble. Our lineups rotate more than a kebab on a spit. Out Exasperation/ In Desperation.

Out: Aish, Broomhead
In: Adams, Varcoe

Didn't Bucks say Varcoe could have come back on the ground in the Essendon game.

He only had cramp apparently :huh:

I'm starting to think our players are trying to injure themselves so as they don't have to be selected for such a rabble. Our lineups rotate more than a kebab on a spit. Out Exasperation/ In Desperation.
This has crossed my mind too. There may be some who are faking it or even some who are deliberately injuring themselves to avoid the pain and humiliation of being selected in the team. Perhaps...Witts "accidentally" got his split webbing infected when he accidentally had a mishap cleaning out the cat litter tray. Goldsack put his thumb in the car door and slammed it shut; Adams got 17 possessions in the last half he played with the same knee injury that now is looking to keep him out for 3 weeks. Elliots' on the good old workcover back injury claim.

Out: losing
In: winning

If only it was that easy.

Still, we have unlimited expertise on big footy should be simple enough.

Long long year ahead.

Out: Buckley
In: Burns as caretaker
Start interviewing for head coach
You've got to be fukcing joking. If Buckley is removed and either Harvey or Burns take over, we will be in worse shit than we are now. We have'nt won a cleareance for 3 years and you want our midfiled coach to take over? I wonder if these blokes still think its 1996? We are that far behind the trends of the modern game. Fresh blood only.

He actually got dirty today, grass stain on his knee will take some scrubbing.
He was seen after the game asking Marc Murphy for instructions. Unfortunately Murphy only 'nearly' got a grass stain on his knee and was of no help.

As for changes, it seems we have tried just about everybody on the list to no avail so far. The tea lady might be a chance this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back