Prediction Changes: Round 11 Vs Port Adelaide + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming Tabs passes his test, hopefully it's simply Brayshaw in.

Who the out will be... They can decide.
Acres. I haven't been one of the Acres bashers to date but nearly every contest and disposal was well below acceptable (and that was watching the replay knowing the result). Noone else performed close to as poorly to deserve relegation.

We haven't played an away game towards the mid season against Port in Adelaide since 2014.

Away games against Port in Adelaide in recent years have either been in the early rounds 1 & 2 of the season when the temperature is still hot or in the final round of the season when the ladder positions are set.

And they have all been floggings as well unfortunately

Brayshaw for acres is the obvious switch.
Blakely is knocking right in the door too BTW.
Watson or Duman - I dont really care TBH they are both the same really

Acres. I haven't been one of the Acres bashers to date but nearly every contest and disposal was well below acceptable (and that was watching the replay knowing the result). Noone else performed close to as poorly to deserve relegation.
And yet the west australian rated him higher than Aish clueless newspaper.

Unpopular opinion; Acres was much better than Aish on the weekend, and I don’t think he gets a fair go on here at all.

As for changes I think Tabs will be given a week rest with Brayshaw the obvious replacement and that will be it. Blakely maybe an in for Tobe but then we’d be playing too many mids.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion; Acres was much better than Aish on the weekend, I don’t think he gets a fair go on here at all.

As for changes I think Tabs will given a week rest with Brayshaw the obvious replacement and that will be it. Blakely maybe an in for Tobe but then we’d be playing too many mids.
Wondering if I watched the same game as others, Aish was very average and Acres had him covered on the weekend. He’s been hitting the contest a lot harder of late

Wondering if I watched the same game as others, Aish was very average and Acres had him covered on the weekend. He’s been hitting the contest a lot harder of late
He will never be a "hard nut" but he is definitely more aggressive in the contest now, than at the start of the season.

Not sure if it's a mindset thing, but if he keeps slowly increasing the levels of desire for the ball in the clinches, he'll be one of the better steak knife acquisitions going around.

Brayshaw for acres is the obvious switch.
Blakely is knocking right in the door too BTW.
Watson or Duman - I dont really care TBH they are both the same really

Blakley is no chance with Brayshaw coming in unless we have another mid injury.

Team balance won't allow him selection.

With Stephen Hill 3 weeks away (supposedly), could we dare to dream that he might come back in for Acres after the bye?

I think we'll most likely lose but Port under Hinkley are quite flakey. I'll be disappointed if the margin is greater than 25 points.

They are flakey but everything is in their favour for this one, they flat track well at home and will want to atone for dropping their last home game vs the Dogs, their bye is coming straight up.

Even if we can get into the contest I think the home crowd and experienced players will carry them home, but if we turn up in Q1 like we have to any of our away games this year, this will be over early.

Hopefully Tabs is fit and Brayshaw back to give us a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are flakey but everything is in their favour for this one, they flat track well at home and will want to atone for dropping their last home game vs the Dogs, their bye is coming straight up.

Even if we can get into the contest I think the home crowd and experienced players will carry them home, but if we turn up in Q1 like we have to any of our away games this year, this will be over early.

Hopefully Tabs is fit and Brayshaw back to give us a chance.
The only way we win is if our mids dominate (possible) and we convert. Their midfield is shallow. They are better everywhere else overall.

I am a noted Acres knocker but I completely agree with this. He's been a lot harder at the contest and a result playing better footy in the last couple of weeks

I am a noted Acres knocker but I completely agree with this. He's been a lot harder at the contest and a result playing better footy in the last couple of weeks
Agreed, I was the same about a month ago but he's pretty locked into the best 22 with how he's playing.

Frankly, if his form keeps up, the Hill for Serong, Acres and change is comfortably better than our robbery over GC. We are paying Acres half of what St Kilda are paying Hill for better output and also getting Serong, its pretty funny

I feel like there’s a certain group of posters on this board who like to hate any player traded to this club and like to put them down at any opportunity because of it. Add Lobb to that list - won’t cop criticism this week but some of the garbage the last few weeks about him was unbelievable. We traded B-Grade assets for these three because they’re B Grade players and people are surprised when they perform like B Graders and pretend that C Graders are better players - I don’t get it honestly.

Lobb, Wilson and Aish are the least of our problems.
Many of them were calling for Meek to come in for Lobb..... That would have ended really well.

Out: Tabs
In: Brayshaw

Fyfe forward more to keep Aliir busy who has been a beast lately.

Too risky atm to make any more changes forward when we have our real only goto play out.
Watson still better than Duman in my opinion and will be better this week.
Meek still a chance though so Darcy can go forward, but I would rather our mids get silver service from Darcy so the ball is in our possession and getting to our forward half first.

Unpopular opinion; Acres was much better than Aish on the weekend, and I don’t think he gets a fair go on here at all.
Too right. Confirmation bias runs riot with some posters on here. What I don’t get is why they don’t go the next step and rip into the coach who clearly sees Acres as best 22, and that is regardless of injuries. Longmuir clearly values the distance covered, the meters gained etc. You know, the things wingers do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 11 Vs Port Adelaide + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back