Changes - Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Good question, as I haven't seen today's game.

From what I've read here, a few players could be under the pump. But who is realistically available from the Bees?

Rawlings, Street & Birss must surely be a chance. Eade said he would "shake the tree", so maybe a surprise or two more may be in store.

Even Bowden or McGuinness?

appartly robbo got injured and i think Chrissy jaw will be touch and go

before the game Chrissy was only 50/50 to play and appartlly Rawlings was on stand by saturday moring

if robbos out then
In rawling birss
out boyd robbo

bogan4life said:
appartly robbo got injured and i think Chrissy jaw will be touch and go

before the game Chrissy was only 50/50 to play and appartlly Rawlings was on stand by saturday moring

if robbos out then
In rawling birss
out boyd robbo

Did you read the Eade article? may be more changes than you think.

Playing no good, in this order:

1. Robbins
2. Eagleton
3. Boyd
4. Skipper
5. Minson
6. Power

Robbins stuffs up others players' marks more than he takes ones of his own.
Eagles doesn't get enough of the ball.
Boyd mucks up his disposals.
Skipper just has to take the big grabs, and he isn't.
Minson doesn't win enough in the ruck and doesn't take the big grab around the ground.
Power does nothing special.

That's too many to drop. Need to infuse maybe one or two talls and one fast or two fast and I tall.

Rawlings to come in and one or two others.

The Doctor said:
In: Street, Rawlings, Birss, K-Mac, Ray

Out: Skipper, Power, Boyd, Hahn, Eagle

If Robbo is injured a reprieve for Eagle

I'd probably have Walsh in before K Mac if fit.

I'd also throw up Cooney's name for a game or two in the magoos. Seems to be having trouble working his way into the game. Since the first time he was tagged this year. It worked for Gian.

The Doctor said:
In: Street, Rawlings, Birss, K-Mac, Ray

Out: Skipper, Power, Boyd, Hahn, Eagle

If Robbo is injured a reprieve for Eagle
Should we bring in one extra tall against Hawthorn, maybe try and stretch their back line like Essendon did against us. Perhaps Harris should play up forward this week as he has no real match-up in defence.

Minson looks like he needs more assistance in the ruck. Everitt will just plonk it on Mitchell's head all day if we don't have someone in there that can actually complete in the ruck. For that reasons alone, Street simply has to come in this week at the expense of Skipper.

Eagle has been very disappointing the last few weeks and needs a wake-up call. Birss has bashed the door down with his performances for Werribee, as has Rawlings. Boydy is almost a liability at Telstra Dome with his lack of pace. If Walsh is fit, Hawthorn would be an ideal side for him to get a full run up forward.

My suggested changes:

Out: Boyd, Power, Grant (if Injured), Robbo (if injured)

In: Street, Birss, Rawlings (if Grant doesn't play), McGuinness (if Robbo is injured)

I think the play has to be to play Skipper as a roaming forward. His ruckwork is good as a relieving ruckman, but not to the extent he is being asked to do. Worry about Big Will at the moment the last 3 games he really has had almost no influence. Big focus on Skipper, but for mine Will has been just as disappointing.

IN : Rawlings,Street,Ray.

OUT : Don't know,didn't see the match.

As long as Eade drops players.He can't come out and be critical of their work rate and then give everyone another chance. That's what Rohde used to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's what i'd love to see this weekend................

B. Brian Harris (Jarrod Brennan)
Ryan Hargrave (Mark Williams)
Dale Morris (Ben Dixon)

HB. Jordan McMahon (Nick Ries)
Jade Rawlings (Lance Franklin)
Rohan Smith (Jordan Lewis)

C. Danny Giansiracusa (Chance Bateman)
Scott West (Sam Mitchell)
Lindsay Gilbee (Tim Clarke)

HF. Robert Murphy (Joel Smith)
Adam Morgan (Trent Croad)
Ryan Griffen (Michael Osborne)

F. Brad Johnson (Campbell Brown)
Chris Grant (Jonathon Hay)
Keiran McGuinness (Danny Jacobs)

FOLL. Peter Street (Peter Everitt)
Daniel Cross (Shane Crawford)
Adam Cooney (Luke Hodge)

INTER. Nathan Eagleton (Nathan Lonie)
Mitchell Hahn (Nick Holland)
Will Minson (Rick Ladson)
Shane Birss (Richard Vandenberg)

EMERG. Farren Ray, Sam Power, Patrick Bowden
Roughead, Barker, Sewell

Ins- Street, Birss, McGuinness, Rawlings
Outs- Robbins (inj), Skipper, Boyd, Power

On Notice- Hahn, Eagleton, Minson, Morris

It is time for Rawlings to come back. Boyd will be under the pump. Eagleton should have a break in the two's............

Farren Ray needs another taste of senior AFL footy.

Has Kmac done enough to be considered?

who will ruck against everit? too tall for skipper, too smart for minson, too fast for street. maybe street to contest the bounces and skipper to start at CHF but tag everit around the ground?

hodge is their playmaker. You could easilly play robbo as a defensive half forward on hodge, as robbo has the closing speed.

would play murphy on williams, but thats a waste and he could still be found out on the lead, as we discovered by playing him on melbournes goof small forwards. basically if a small forward gets a pinpoint pass, theres not much anyone can do about it. my guess is hargreave and the onus is on the midield to pressure hawthorns delivery.

hey
i reckon power boyd n skipper need a rest with walsh wight n rawlings to come in to contention. i no it seems like its to tall but look at essendon yesterday they got about 5 marks and 5 goals inside their 50 from tall guys(McPhee n Bradley) who usually play in defence. they only had fletcher as a tall defender and he was playing on players like robbins, murphy and eagleton for most of the game. we need to play tall in the forward line. have rawlings at chb and have grant at ff, morgan at chf and walsh as the 3rd tall and this would stretch the hawks. have robbins murphy gia hahn smith johnson running around them at different times. wight showed me in the ruck than skipper in my opinion in sydney. eade needs to play minson a bit more and make him get more fit. thats just my opinion. big tommy needs a run soon

IN: walsh wight rawlings
OUT: boyd power skipper
LAST LEGS: eagleton

Lets Go Tall On Sunday!!

IN: RAWLINGS, STREET MAYBE EVEN K-mac
OUT: BOYD, EAGLETON, POWER

That way.. Our fwd line will look like this:
HF: R.Murphy, Morgan, Johnson
FF: K-mac, Rawlings, Robbins/Minson

Re: Lets Go Tall On Sunday!!

Doggies05' said:
IN: RAWLINGS, STREET MAYBE EVEN K-mac
OUT: BOYD, EAGLETON, POWER

That way.. Our fwd line will look like this:
HF: R.Murphy, Morgan, Johnson
FF: K-mac, Rawlings, Robbins/Minson

Merged with the Changes to Round 11 thread. Similar posts already here.

In:Rawlings,Birss,Bowden

Out:Skipper,Boyd,Power

Wouldn't be shocked if he brought in K-Mac just to get his own take on him.From the reports he has moved forward for two weeks now and has already kicked a bag of 4 so Eade might want to make a judgement on him.

Skipper-drops far to many marks at this stage.Simon Cox style backlift on his kicks is hurting him aswell.Needs 5 metres of space to get a kick away.

Boyd-Written him off before and he has come back so I wont do it this time but he needs to find a role where his lack of pace and Titanic turning circle are not such a liability.Shame cause his attitude cant be faulted.

Power-Dont think he had enough ground time to really criticise his game but I prefer Birss and Bowden needs to come in for team balance IMO.

If there is no1 Harris can play on he can go foward and Ryan Hargraves is not the right match up for Mark Willams ,Willams to fast Jordan McMahon will be the right match up for him

Bulldogs_West said:
If there is no1 Harris can play on he can go foward and Ryan Hargraves is not the right match up for Mark Willams ,Willams to fast Jordan McMahon will be the right match up for him
Dont think Mcmahon would have the nouse to play on someone like Williams.He is going to attract the ball every time they go forward.

Dog Town said:
Dont think Mcmahon would have the nouse to play on someone like Williams.He is going to attract the ball every time they go forward.

Agree there. Morris will get first crack I think and I hope he does a little better then he did against O'laughlin.

McMahon would get beaten in the air by Williams. I think Hargrave is the perfect match up for Williams.

So long as we stop Mitchell I reckon Hargrave could keep Williams to 2 goals. That means we need a tagger on Mitchell. Morris to get first crack.

I would place a defensive forward on Hodge as well. Robbins would be my pick or Birss to come in for that task.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes - Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back