Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Appears to be 2 sets of rules. Treacy had 3 disposals at 100% & Amiss had 3 disposals at 33% yet Amiss gets another go. They have played players before without playing the previous week
TBF Amiss & Treacy bring different things to the mix. Treacy sits more in the Tabs/Jackson/Darcy category (heavyweight tall, ruck), whereas Amiss straddles tall/medium categories.

I love Brodie but it's the right call to drop him.

It shows that nobody should be a walk on starter every week and anyone can and should be dropped if they don't perform.
All I'll say is Brodie was pretty good but doesn't fit in the same team as JOM.

He seemingly can't do anything else other than the role he played last year.

Was it worth Meek and a F2 for a (very) slight upgrade?

No I don’t think it was that one. I don’t remember scoring* from it and I feel like it was later on. Would’ve been in the third.
Well in Q2 he kicked it to Tabs on the lead after sidestepping an oncoming North player and again taking two steps? But are we talking a sample size of one here?

Lots of drinking going on tonight by the reads. Brodie getting dropped is a side effect of whatever the **** Jlo introduced this year. Not his fault. Singing his praises last year and now getting dropped is "fair". Really? We've slowed the game plan and he's a victim of that, now he's dropped for that?!

Henry is the Cream not the flour (cake metaphor). Won't reach his potential for a good 3-5 years.

TREACY LOL. TABS LOL. Look into tabs history when, where and how he was recruited to freo. So dockery.

Amiss, Johnson, Sturt the future. Play them ffs.

No I don’t think it was that one. I don’t remember scoring* from it and I feel like it was later on. Would’ve been in the third.
No not in Q3. The only one that comes close is 8:19 to go, Henry gets it just forward of centre on the wing, takes 4 steps and kicks it to Banfield, it's spoiled and Schultz crumbs then is tackled high and gets the free 25-30 out.

No not in Q3. The only one that comes close is 8:19 to go, Henry gets it just forward of centre on the wing, takes 4 steps and kicks it to Banfield, it's spoiled and Schultz crumbs then is tackled high and gets the free 25-30 out.
Maybe it was the one in the first quarter then I don't know. There was definitley something later in the game. I don't even remember what the initial argument was here.

I don't think Henry is a bad player or that he played a bad game. But he's just as slow a decision maker as Hughes, if not slower. And I could be purely making this up because I don't have great seats, but to me it feels like Hughes always has the ball closer to half back/wing where Henry is always the one who gets it in the forward half, and his extra time deciding which kick to take i50 is more costly than Hughes further back.

Neither player has been awful this season, which is why they both kept their spot in the team despite driz coming in. But all these calls to drop Hughes as if his form has been that shocking when both him and Henry have imo played at the same level so far.

Maybe it was the one in the first quarter then I don't know. I don't even remember what the initial argument was here.

I don't think Henry is a bad player or that he played a bad game. But he's just as slow a decision maker as Hughes, if not slower. And I could be purely making this up because I don't have great seats, but to me it feels like Hughes always has the ball closer to half back/wing where Henry is always the one who gets it in the forward half, and his extra time deciding which kick to take i50 is more costly than Hughes further back.

Neither player has been awful this season, which is why they both kept their spot in the team despite driz coming in. But all these calls to drop Hughes as if his form has been that shocking when both him and Henry have imo played at the same level so far.
You say he's a slow decision maker, but have no evidence.

Ya gotta bring receipts for them claims. My receipts show just the opposite.

At best you make vague claims of singular incidents.

Lots of drinking going on tonight by the reads. Brodie getting dropped is a side effect of whatever the * Jlo introduced this year. Not his fault. Singing his praises last year and now getting dropped is "fair". Really? We've slowed the game plan and he's a victim of that, now he's dropped for that?!

Henry is the Cream not the flour (cake metaphor). Won't reach his potential for a good 3-5 years.

TREACY LOL. TABS LOL. Look into tabs history when, where and how he was recruited to freo. So dockery.

Amiss, Johnson, Sturt the future. Play them ffs.
You need to tell J-Lo he's gonna need a bigger gameplan.....chum ;)

You say he's a slow decision maker, but have no evidence.

Ya gotta bring receipts for them claims. My receipts show just the opposite.

At best you make vague claims of singular incidents.
He is literally a slow decision maker anyone whos watched him play can tell you that. It's not any specific isolated incident. Every time he gets the ball he runs around in circles looking for the perfect option instead of going for any other decent option.

Your receipts have actually not shown that he's a fast decision maker. Because he's not.

He is literally a slow decision maker anyone whos watched him play can tell you that. It's not any specific isolated incident. Every time he gets the ball he runs around in circles looking for the perfect option instead of going for any other decent option.

Your receipts have actually not shown that he's a fast decision maker. Because he's not.
Ahh, a persistent story have you.

Do you have Kayo?

If so go to those spots I've highlighted (on your claims) and tell me if he's slow to make a decision.

Count the steps. Count the seconds he's got the ball in the open. Tell me if I'm inaccurate.

Also kicking or handballing aren't the only decisions. Taking on an opposition player is also a decision...of course a more attacking one, but a decision nonetheless.

Otherwise, watch it in 3x speed until you get to each one of Henry's possessions... if you want to be more thorough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mind you Hughes isn't that slow a decision maker, just more rudimental, safer and less well executed than Henry's. It's how he has improved his decision making with experience.

Most concerning is where the goals will come from?

Walters to turn back the clock and kick 3 or 4 goals?

I don't expect Traecy to kick more then 2 or 3 goals and get 10-15 disposals, if he plays.

Tabs and Jackson have to kick goals too. But a fully fit tabs I would back to kick 3-4 goals too.

Schulz and Frederick both kicked 30 and 28 goals last season. Both are capable of kicking 3 or 4 goals too.

Switkowski can kick a couple. Then some mids to kick 1 each.

Agree. Ive commented this many times. Don't let them tell you otherwise. They blinded cause he has flashes where he displays silky smooth skills 🤣

Surely JOM gets one last chance?

Sorry but there’s talented young medium forwards on the outer. Him simply rotating with Switkowski through the middle like he did last week is poor form tbh.

The smalls is a weird mix. Walters, Switkowki, Schultz. Then Frederick. Where does the resting mid fit, like JOM? Can see Henry going half forward tbh, with NOD taking his wing position

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back