Changes round 4 VS Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

A underdone Venables could be a option.
Snadden has elite speed and Mutimer is quick also, both are also big bodies.
And either couldn't do any worst than Redden

I think he need to take a gamble at selection
Bring in Watson and Sheed

But bring in a third of the above
Venable would be a massive gamble.
I like Snadden as he can stand up in a tackle but is a rookie
So Mutimer maybe the way to go

I would love us to drop Masten but its not going to happen
Masten had a good game last week, in fact was probably one of our better players. The team as a whole needed to come out firing with fire in their belly today, but it didn't happen. Not sure bringing in inexperienced players is the answer as don't think the players you have mentioned are ready yet?

People want to drop Redden but I thought he tried hard. 18 touches in 69% TOG. 11 contested possession, 4 clearances, 6 tackles. He lacks confidence but isnt really getting much of a shot in the middle.

Guys like Masten and Hill (and Wellingham at times) are more frustrating but seem to be safe in the side. They just dont put their body on the line when it matters. Rotating blokes like Redden, Hutchings and Sheed in and out of the side is just shuffling deck chairs - we need others to lift. We are not losing because our 6/7th mid are not dominating.

Would have been really exciting to see Watson play today given the number of small forwards the Tigers had.

Didn't see the game but with the 5 day turnaround to Sydney, you'd think a minimum of 2-3 changes would be necessary just to get some fresh legs into the side.

Out: no one
In: no one

Simpson has slowly evolved into Woosha. No tough changes made, no flexibility with the game plan. Becoming frustrating and boring to watch. Interest in this team is waning.

Looking forward to Venables, Watson and Rioli playing in the future. Might take a break from watching the footy for a couple seasons til this team has tried and inevitably failed.

Masten had a good game last week, in fact was probably one of our better players. The team as a whole needed to come out firing with fire in their belly today, but it didn't happen. Not sure bringing in inexperienced players is the answer as don't think the players you have mentioned are ready yet?
People have been saying the same stuff for years now. Masten has one or two good games and that seems to buy him a free pass for a while. When the rain and pressure come we see what type of player Masten is.

I'm sick of hearing that the young players aren't ready yet. When will they be? Watson has started the season in fantastic form, upgrade him and give him a shot. To a lesser extent Mutimer and Partington have been ok as well. Yes they all need to improve but they can't do much worse than Redden and Jetta.

I'm not saying bring all the young guys in at once, but give some of them a go. Looking at the team today we had from the 2013 draft Barrass, 2014 draft Nelson, 2015 and 2016 drafts nobody. Is it bad drafting, bad development or ok WAFL form going unrewarded? We need an experienced development coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic, childish comment. Grow a pair.

Face reality mate. Nelson's a bog average player. He's shown it so far and he will continue to show it.
If you backed up your posts with real facts and balanced input then they would be worthwhile reading. Oh no, we have Bacchus on the "never always nobody everybody" rant and rave that you leave us little option as to treat your tirades with the disdain it deserves. To say he loses every contest shows that you know about as much of AFL as Hutchings knows about hitting a contest at pace. Open to hear some rationale behind your posts but please, stop embarrassing yourself incorrect statements.

People want to drop Redden but I thought he tried hard. 18 touches in 69% TOG. 11 contested possession, 4 clearances, 6 tackles. He lacks confidence but isnt really getting much of a shot in the middle.

Guys like Masten and Hill (and Wellingham at times) are more frustrating but seem to be safe in the side. They just dont put their body on the line when it matters. Rotating blokes like Redden, Hutchings and Sheed in and out of the side is just shuffling deck chairs - we need others to lift. We are not losing because our 6/7th mid are not dominating.

Would have been really exciting to see Watson play today given the number of small forwards the Tigers had.
Redden was good. Not our worst midfielder today.

Really starting to question the pace of our midfield, in particular i thought Priddis was poor today. He just has no awareness with his dosposal- puts his team mates under so much pressure with his sloppy handballs.

Agree but he wasn't the only one today. I could have put my head through the wall today the amount of times we passed to someone under direct pressure.

Agree but he wasn't the only one today. I could have put my head through the wall today the amount of times we passed to someone under direct pressure.
We over possessed the ball today. We've got to be more decisive with our ball movement and i think a big part of that is on field leadership.

We need a Dangerfield, Selwood or Martin type - badly. Someone who can impose himself on the contest. Is there hope for Mutimer in midfield? We need his pace at least. Need Venerables sooner than later too.

What someone like this ???????

search.jpg

imgres-1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes round 4 VS Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back