Prediction Changes v Adelaide, Friday night, GHMBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible ins: Ratugolea, Menegola, S. Selwood, Parsons, Constable, Bews, Fogarty... anyone else?

Possible outs: Fort, Dahlhaus (inj?), Rohan (inj?)

For mine..

OUT: Fort (omit), Dahlhaus (inj)
IN: Ratugolea, Menegola

Buzza?

Out- Fort ( omitted ) , Rohan inj, Dahlhaus inj
In- Esava, Menegola, Kruger for Rohan ( but maybe Buzza ), like to see Scooter in but will think who will go out.

Fort does not come back in ever. Stanley should only play if the opposition ruckman is a complete spud. He should be in the VFL this week working on his squats to stop him getting rag-doled by a B-grade ruckman. Hopefully Sav is fit to replace Darcy. Smith can replace Stanley.

Not sure Menegola is a walk in start, he may need a game in VFL. Although, he probably is the better replacement for Rohan if he can't get up.

Fort goes out for me, and its up to MC to determine if Buzza get's a crack given his VFL form, or stick with the SavRat.

Based on tonight's game, I'd probably put Stanley on notice another game like that and Smith comes in. In fact, I'd probably just bring Smith in again.

If Dahlhaus is injured, then Fogarty comes in for him.

I never thought I'd be advocating the possible return of Menegola to the line up and yet here we are - I reckon we're a midfielder short and despite some reservations Sam is arguably our most qualified bolsterer ..

If Ratugolea is fit then he comes back in for Fort, no question. If Ratugolea doesn't get up I'd be inclined to stick with Fort, but he has some serious homework to do.

I never thought I'd be advocating the possible return of Menegola to the line up and yet here we are - I reckon we're a midfielder short and despite some reservations Sam is arguably our most qualified bolsterer ..

If Ratugolea is fit then he comes back in for Fort, no question. If Ratugolea doesn't get up I'd be inclined to stick with Fort, but he has some serious homework to do.
Unfortunately for Fort I believe you either have it or don't. If he hasn't shown 'it' by now then I don't think its there. He is a serviceable VFL level player - not up to AFL standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately for Fort I believe you either have it or don't. If he hasn't shown 'it' by now then I don't think its there. He is a serviceable VFL level player - not up to AFL standard.

Fort is up to AFL standard in that he is aerobically capable of running out a game, and that's more than we had a few years ago with Dawson Simpson and Hamish McIntosh.

I have a strong preference for Ratugolea (if/when fit), and I wouldn't be too disconcerted if the club wanted one last look at Buzza, but Fort's first 3 games have been far from disastrous ... granted though he has less leeway given his mature-aged status.

Possible ins: Ratugolea, Menegola, S. Selwood, Parsons, Constable, Bews, Fogarty... anyone else?

Possible outs: Fort, Dahlhaus (inj?), Rohan (inj?)

For mine..

OUT: Fort (omit), Dahlhaus (inj)
IN: Ratugolea, Menegola

Got a few injuries after tonight. Rohan could be out too. If those 3 are out then:

OUT: Fort (omitted), Dahl (injured), Rohan (injured)
IN: Ratugolea, Menegola, Fogarty

If Henry pulls up sore, then that'll be an interesting one. Hopefully he'll be fine

Fort out for Sav is the obvious one.

Menegola if fit will play.

I expect Rohan to be “managed”, but I personally would drop him anyway, he’s done nothing for a month and only provides pressure.

I’d like to see Fogarty or Krueger get a go but doubt either will.

I expect Rohan to be “managed”, but I personally would drop him anyway, he’s done nothing for a month and only provides pressure.

Rohan was a revelation in the first two months of the season. I think it's fair to say he exceeded everyone's expectations. He has since come crashing back down to earth. The challenge for him was always going to be whether he could maintain the rage for the entire season. Whilst his pressure is still very good, that won't be enough for him to retain his position in the best 22 based on his current output.

You can't have players with that output playing in a final. That's passenger stuff. He needs to do more IMO. I do have faith he can re-produce what he did in the first two months, but he needs to do it consistently. Love his pressure, but we will need more from him than we're currently getting..

What is the go with Rohan? Hasn't done much the last 5 or so games?

Have to see how the sore guys pull up but Sav for Fort is a must. Stanley probably gets another chance off the back of an otherwise good season but he lost a LOT of credits last night.

Fogarty first in if any of the mid/forwards injured. He’s fit and showed good form in the VFL. Menegola can have a week or two there first to see where he’s at.

Fort is up to AFL standard in that he is aerobically capable of running out a game, and that's more than we had a few years ago with Dawson Simpson and Hamish McIntosh.

I have a strong preference for Ratugolea (if/when fit), and I wouldn't be too disconcerted if the club wanted one last look at Buzza, but Fort's first 3 games have been far from disastrous ... granted though he has less leeway given his mature-aged status.
Running ability is not the definition of afl standard. Simpson and mcinotsh could actually ruck. They were better marks then fort too. Fort is slow, cant mark or even out body opponents, is worse the Smith when the ball hits the deck. He shouldnt even be on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back