Prediction Changes v Adelaide, Friday night, GHMBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bews has a great record on Betts but would be a big ask for him in his first game back, given Betts is in reasonable form.
I'd still do it. Absolutely have not wavered that our best side has Bews in it.
Bring him in and shut down their only dangerous small.

Then we just have to worry about Captain Dumbarse and the goal square merchant.

I’m surprised at the lack of scrutiny on Tuohy. I don’t want to get into a debate about his overall worth trade value debate etc. I think he hasn’t been very good for the club since arriving. But he’s been terrible this year. He missed most of the pre season and it shows. He turns the ball over almost every time he gets it in his hands.
He came back into the team too soon and should go back to the vfl to regain touch. I’ll be very surprised if it’s happens but it should. We’ve lacked run and drive from the back even in winning games.
In saying that I would actually bring in Bews to play defensively allowing someone else to provide that run.

Don't get the anti Abbott drivel, played 1 lousey game and went ok 11 possessions and a goal.
25 possessions yesterday's VFL that's top midfielder numbers.

Still was a dominant win and they were instrumental in it.
You can only beat who is in front of you, when Kreuger piled 6 on a GFL side he wasn't called up.
So I do think it is taken into account.

You can only beat who is in front of you, when Kreuger piled 6 on a GFL side he wasn't called up.
So I do think it is taken into account.

You're probably right but l reckon we need a reshuffle it's such a long season.
We were beaten around clearances so l wouldn't wait making a couple of changes.
Even Bews for 2E would be worth looking at imo.
We just look a bit stale atm.

Junktime Jenkins is injured, won’t play.
So Eddie and cling film.
Decision made for me. Bews in.

Stop those two and we win.
You're probably right but l reckon we need a reshuffle it's such a long season.
We were beaten around clearances so l wouldn't wait making a couple of changes.
Even Bews for 2E would be worth looking at imo.
We just look a bit stale atm.
Interesting discussion. He does have me unsure atm but I can see the merit of a recall.
I'd also consider Fogarty. Forward pressure has dropped off.

Constable with 33 in the VFL needs to be considered- his ability to get first possession in tight and use addresses our weak clearances.
Need to get the balance right but I think there’s room for him and Menegola in our best midfield group
I agree... But who goes out is the million dollar question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Eddie and cling film.
Decision made for me. Bews in.

Stop those two and we win.

Interesting discussion. He does have me unsure atm but I can see the merit of a recall.
I'd also consider Fogarty. Forward pressure has dropped off.

I don't see why we're so precious about rotating our bottom 6 more often.
I reckon Clark and Atkins could go out for a couple and maybe try to re jig the forwards a bit with Rohan concussed and Dal might also be needing a rest.

Kreuger, Fogarty Bews all might add enthusiasm as Miers did early on.
The bottom 6 needs to be more flexible for the greater good. Just a thought.
Also sends a positive message to the rest.

Last edited:
Possible ins: Ratugolea, Menegola, S. Selwood, Parsons, Constable, Bews, Fogarty... anyone else?

Possible outs: Fort, Dahlhaus (inj?), Rohan (inj?)

For mine..

OUT: Fort (omit), Dahlhaus (inj)
IN: Ratugolea, Menegola
I don't think Menegola played VFL yesterday, if he did he didn't do anything. Constable, Scooter, Fogarty, Abbott, Buzza and Simpson all played well apparently.

Those 2 for Clark and Guthrie would be ok by me.
I'm not doom and gloom about those 2 but IMO they are the bottom of the group who could make way.
Dare I say it, but Selwood looks a yard short too.

Personally I wouldn't drop Clark, the kid was just about the only player we had trying to take the game on and provide a bit of spark.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe bring Scooter in as a tagger, I swear if we tagged Robbie Gray at the ball ups we probably would’ve won, he was at the drop of the ball every time. I can see Adelaide winning the clearances pretty easily this Friday night to be honest, Sloane The Crouch boys and Yolman is a pretty handy midfield.

Fort out is the clear suggestion.

To be fair. It was his 3rd game and he kicked 2 I think.

I remember we played the Pies a few years ago and we were supposed to win. They kicked 7 in the first and we were done.
The entire team pretty much shit themselves and GHS was dropped as the "one."

I see Fort getting the same raw deal here. Im not saying he should not go - but he wasn't the worst and for a 3 game player there has to be some expectations of shitness.

Port punched us in the mouth and challenged us to win. We didn't and Fort will probably get the shoe for it - but he the GHS of this one for mine.

If we extract the digit or head from the collective arse and turn it around this week, a few of them still playing should buy him a beer for being the Lee Majors Fall guy of the PA game.

Bews I think has had 4 game back and has held Eddie well - he could be handy as as good as MOC has been - Betts has moves that MOC aint seen yet. So 2E for me goes out for Bews and MOC gets a front row seat to the Betts show.

GO Catters

Last edited:
Any reason for dropping Parfitt,I thought his last couple of games he has started to show some form.
Yeah I like him but trying to fit Constable in. I don't think Parfitt has been quite as good as his best last year, you might be right though, he was good against the Tiges but didn't do much last night, neither did many others.

I think I want Parsons in as a midfielder more than I want Constable. Happy with either though.
Your post has been reported you sick ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back