Prediction Changes v Adelaide, Friday night, GHMBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like Smith ..he is too slow .. and he just good enough to play well for a game or two..just good enough to mess up your thinking and then his form will drop , his passive nature will surface , his fragile body will break ...

I suspect if there are no late ins...

Stanley rucks.. he is not playing Lycett this week.. Henry plays the forward ute ..has done it before , Bews covers Betts ... but thats still leaves us smaller than we have been all year in the forwardline.

So I hope Buzza gets a late call up ..probably depends on the night .weather etc.
Smith isn’t slower than O’brien or Lycett. Stanley is so quick and athletic but can’t palm the
ball to advantage, against the huge bodies I think Smith is the better bet. Stanley would still
be second ruck and as the second tall forward would only be replacing Fort, so not a lot lost.

I agree... People forget this is his 2nd season... Not his 10th, it's his 2nd.... Plus in 4 years time he will be playing more midfield..
I agree, some posters do not consider a players age or experience. According to some a young
player puts in a bad one and that’s it, he’s done, no good. Prior to round one I was remonstrating
with people who couldn’t believe O’Connor was getting a game. People, who believe it or not, had
no knowledge of his history, only playing Aussie rules for such a short time. They had him tagged
and ready to be shipped out.

Good to see Fogarty get an opportunity. That was the logical change for Rohan. However even though Fort had to come out, Bews is a really strange guy to come in for him. Thought Kreuger deserved a shot and he would be a more suitable replacement for Fort to help Hawkins. However they bring in another backmen... got me stumped.

Good to see Fogarty get an opportunity. That was the logical change for Rohan. However even though Fort had to come out, Bews is a really strange guy to come in for him. Thought Kreuger deserved a shot and he would be a more suitable replacement for Fort to help Hawkins. However they bring in another backmen... got me stumped.
So we go in without a 2nd ruck, and without a CHF, and we include an old-fashioned stop-and-prop small defender.
I suspect that if that's the side we intend to start with, we are going to replace our usual gameplan with Plan B - you know, the Plan B that we don't have.

I think this week is the return of legendary ruck/fwd Jack Henry.

I wanted Buzzy Boi :(

Henry has defended really well but he cant kick, so you cant really bring Bews in who also cant kick.

Fogarty cant take marks like Rohan, he also cant kick. Rohan is a 3rd tall so replacing him with a small is stupid. They should be replacing a 3rd tall with Kreuger.

Fogarty should come in for Selwood or any of the smalls.

These are the decisions that stop us progressing as a club. Chris Scott keeping in all his favourites and just moving players around. If Henry goes forward and rucks a bit I will just shake my head cos this same shit happens every year.

So Fogarty is a bust, and Henry is struggling and borderline best 22..... I swear sometimes this board is like reading the Facebook supporters group.

Fogarty has completed 1 season of footy, with barely over a dozen games played. He actually looked like a decent prospect last year, and unfortunately injury this year has clearly put him in the back of people’s mind. The kid goes in hard and was drafted because of his elite pressure and tackling.
I have no doubt he would have been excelling in this current team if he had of been fit. Calling him a “bust” is the earliest of early crows.

As for Henry’s form, well this is a complete exaggeration. The kid is absolutely playing his role within a highly functioning backline. If people want him getting 20+ possessions while streaming out of defence every week, you’re looking at the wrong bloke.
There’s not a single occasion this year you can point to and say “gee, that bloke really got a hold of Henry today.”

I think people sometimes underestimate just how tactical and structured modern football teams are. Henry is holding his spot in the team more than adequately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back