Changes v Carlton: Dawes, Mckenzie for Byrnes and Fitz

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An so begins the easiest Avatar bet ive ever won. 25 goals for Dawesy this whole season? bwaaa! We as a team cant even kick 8 in a game. Your best hope is Dawes getting himself injured again (which will no doubt happen) so you get a refund as he wont qualify under our stipulated rules of less than 12 games.
Hahaha I haven't forgotten mate. Get ready for a Dawes goal-fest.

If they couldn't even get up for Jim last year... then no.
It's an overly romanticised and unfair expectation that sportspeople will play out of their skin following the death of someone close to them. More so than spurring them on it's going to have a greater negative effect, in that it weighs on their mind constantly and disrupts their preparation schedule. Not to mention that pressure.

The Clark situation is totally different - they haven't lost anyone in the sense that they can't talk to Clark anymore or be around him anymore. He's still there, and if they do dedicate the game to him they should be playing with the knowledge that he can actually watch the game and take heart from the team's performance in his absence.

I hope a few guys get suspended this weekend
Carlton have been accused of bruise free and they were the team who called us soft a couple years back
If we dont stand for something and show something in this game against Carlton I officially give up

We don't want to go back to the Bailey days of needing some sort of emotional incentive to play good footy do we?

We don't want to go back to the Bailey days of needing some sort of emotional incentive to play good footy do we?

Absoulotely not, but they know carlton are gonna fire up for this game
Maybe the perspective of Clarks career ending prematurely will be a wake up call for some of these underachievers

At least we actually played occasional good footy in those days... if emotional incentive gets them up on Saturday, I'm all for it. Have to start winning somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the gws game and you sit so close you could hear viney hit the pack
Sorry i was more hinting at him hitting the umpire... On the radio it sounded like he punched the umpire in the face?
Viney is a tough nut and supposedly he has stacked on a heap of weight in the off season

Sorry i was more hinting at him hitting the umpire... On the radio it sounded like he punched the umpire in the face?
Viney is a tough nut and supposedly he has stacked on a heap of weight in the off season
I would love to see him snap Mitch Robinson in half….who's soft now Mitch!?

At least we actually played occasional good footy in those days... if emotional incentive gets them up on Saturday, I'm all for it. Have to start winning somewhere.

Only now did I realize winning was an option...

Speaking of putting on bulk Dean Kent looks to have filled out a bit.
I want to see him play out the season in a pocket at...Dawes'...feet.

Oh Mitch :(

Think you might have accidentally had it tuned to a WWE broadcast...
Could have picked up some interference... But the phrase was something along the lines of "Bernie Vince was just trying to put Rocket Ryan's whistle in his mouth for him" then they kept on about Ryan having a fat lip and being afraid to put the whistle to his lips in case he copped another

Please Melbourne, I'm begging you -lift this week - it doesn't have to be a huge lift, just enough to keep the blues train of misery on track. Go Dees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back