Changes v Carlton: Dawes, Mckenzie for Byrnes and Fitz

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Toumpas has righted whatever wrong saw him dropped, because his footskills are infinitely preferable to those of Evans, who would be playing the same role more or less. That is to say that Evans has no footskills at all. So many turnovers. Toumpas is a classy user at least, even if not quite as quick over the ground.

Note the media straining to generate enthusiasm for this game. "Are Carlton certainties to beat Melbourne?"

The answer of course, is yes. The Blues are at their best against the worst. You can bet guys like Garlett who haven't touched it in 3 weeks will kick 5.

There are positives, make some money by backing the otehr sides weekly, take the shorts. When it wets and u think your mob are a chance back the other side for more. Woeful skills, woeful. But gee whizz it makes $$$$$$$

There are positives, make some money by backing the otehr sides weekly, take the shorts. When it wets and u think your mob are a chance back the other side for more. Woeful skills, woeful. But gee whizz it makes $$$$$$$
Sorry what? English please.

IN: Jamar, Trengove, McKenzie, Clisby
OUT: Spencer, Bail, M Jones, Byrnes

Potentially Clisby to the backline, releasing Grimes up the field a bit to just get his hands on the ball and bang it forward. It's just not working for him in defence at the moment. Could he even rest forward and snag one or two?

Worked for Howe so why not, Grimes issues are not like the others that got dropped as he hits the packs hard and with passion just not getting enough of the pill.

Potentially Clisby to the backline, releasing Grimes up the field a bit to just get his hands on the ball and bang it forward. It's just not working for him in defence at the moment. Could he even rest forward and snag one or two?
Grimes anywhere but defence scares me tbh.

If Clisby is required down back then sure put him there (maybe Roos will consider replacing Terlich) but I think we need to challenge some of these players and Clisby can play wing. I've seen enough of Grimes down the ground to believe he is a very good defensive role player. Traditionally he's been solid down back he just needs to keep it simple and we need to stem the flow of opposition forward thrusts. Admittedly I haven't seen enough of Clisby to know how good he could be but I sense we could get value out of him on the wing. Whether Roos thinks he needs a grounding in defense first is another thing but defense is a baptism of fire and the best form of defense is to attack so lets throw caution to the wind.

Personally I'd just be leaving Trengove and Toumpas in the VFL for a few more weeks. We're not going to win a game until Dawes/Hogan come back, so they might as well just gain confidence and match fitness until then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I'd just be leaving Trengove and Toumpas in the VFL for a few more weeks. We're not going to win a game until Dawes/Hogan come back, so they might as well just gain confidence and match fitness until then.
Let's try and win a game without a forward line, so let's play our best players. Maybe give Trengove another week down there but I think Toumpas can play a role as a small forward... as I said above he has much better disposal than any of Evans, Byrnes or Bail, not to mention more of a future at the club.

Let's try and win a game without a forward line, so let's play our best players. Maybe give Trengove another week down there but I think Toumpas can play a role as a small forward... as I said above he has much better disposal than any of Evans, Byrnes or Bail, not to mention more of a future at the club.
Haha yeah I meant it half in jest. You're right on Toumpas, I don't think he's been bad at all this year and he's going to learn a lot more playing in the AFL than in the VFL for sure. Plus like you said he can actually play a role up forward.

Being A Melbourne supporter certainly is advantageous in a footy tipping comp. Your effectively a neutral supporter so you will never tip with your heart.
This is actually the first season I stopped tipping with my heart, this club finally broke me.

Being A Melbourne supporter certainly is advantageous in a footy tipping comp. Your effectively a neutral supporter so you will never tip with your heart.
I have fallen for it every year in Round 1, then pretty much never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back