Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

From looking at what knights said at training yesterday the following players will not being going out of the team...

winderlich, zaharakis, melknshaw, colyer...
plus despite what many supporters think, slattery isn't going anywhere, he is one of the first picked every week (not a quote from knights, but its a fact)

and that 'davey and prismall' aren't too far away, 'i just don't know when there next AFL game will be' so count them both out of contention, unless it is all smoke and mirrors

and that stanton, monfries (altho coming off a quad injury), mcveigh, more or less, will all play

howlett is injured

so with that, you would have to think that the players in danger of loosing their spots would come down to:

houli, williams (suspect ankle), dyson, welsh, lonergan.

having said all that, todays match day training session could sway a few decisions either way, jump onto the essendonfc.com.au website at 4.30pm so get a live link to the naming of the team.

personally, if houli, lonergan, myers and gumbleton stay in the side and davey, prismall and neagle sit out... again, it'll be another loss for the dons this sunday

I certainly recall reading that Knights said that kids would make way for some mature bodies. Sounds like Mels and Colyer could both be in the gun.

I certainly recall reading that Knights said that kids would make way for some mature bodies. Sounds like Mels and Colyer could both be in the gun.

I can remember that too but on the efc website it says we are expecting to have up to 6 players play in their first Anzac game, it mentions Melks and Colyer.

geez prismall must have been doing something right by the coach at bendigo cos from all reports hes been bog ordinary... anyone got any ideas what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COLLINGWOOD v ESSENDON
Collingwood
B:
Heath Shaw, Ben Reid, Ben Johnson
HB: Harry O’Brien, Nick Maxwell, Sharrod Wellingham
C: Luke Ball, Dane Swan, Steele Sidebottom
HF: Josh Fraser, Travis Cloke, Alan Didak
F: Dayne Beams, Paul Medhurst, Leon Davis
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas
I/C (from): Leigh Brown, Brent Macaffer, Tarykn Lockyer, Chris Dawes, Nathan Brown, Alan Toovey, Shane O’Bree

In: N. Brown, Dawes, O'Bree, Reid
Out: Simon Prestigiacomo (groin soreness)

Essendon
B:
Dustin Fletcher, Tayte Pears, Nathan Lovett-Murray
HB: Courtenay Dempsey, Cale Hooker, Henry Slattery
C: Jake Melksham, Jobe Watson, Kyle Reimers
HF: Brent Stanton, Scott Gumbleton, Ricky Dyson
F: Jason Winderlich, Michael Hurley, David Hille
Foll: Patrick Ryder, Andrew Welsh, Travis Colyer
I/C (from): Angus Monfries, Sam Lonergan, Bachar Houli, David Zaharakis, Alwyn Davey, Heath Hocking, Mark McVeigh

In: Stanton, Monfries, McVeigh, Davey
Out: Mark Williams (foot)

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back