Changes V Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

you should read the buffalo theory. interesting stuff. im sure youve got the wrong board. we know where we are and how long till we're back up there with the rest of the comp.

Is that because the coach has made a prediction or because you have a crystal ball? Port is back up after a few years, Brissy are showing signs, Carlton at least are getting a score on the board (and are making coaching changes). Richmond still think it will all be alright in the end. If I was wallet I would spin some bollocks about how we will be up there again in 201X aswell at least then I get a long term contract and dont actually have to deliver.

Can be misleading though stats, guess that when you get the pill as seldom as Trav does, plus he probably handballs more then he kicks, he should have a low turnover rate by foot, plus off the top of my head I'd guess the vast majority of his shots on goal have been from 25 meters or closer, so again his conversion rate should be high.
But as DanA mentioned, so are Byrnes', and this perhaps compounds his inaccuracy woes.
He's fully aware that he's Shaq at the free throw line, so tries to compensate by narrowing the distance between himself and goal until the last possible moment, sometimes accelerating into a lunge-kick. His legs are tired from the speed burst, and his attention's diverted as he worries about potential tacklers. Shannon might improve his accuracy by taking measured shots from 40, rather than adrenalin fuelled sprays from 25-30.

And Sarah.13; for those of us who'd forgotten the great Paul, your "Young, dumb and full o' cum" response to re cat was a little disturbing.

No, i would say the same if it was a guy with a Shannon Byrnes avatar (re: Renegade + Hunt)

It was slightly tongue in cheek, and what you said is true that Byrnes is just as fast, but he is not in the same league as Varcoe defensively. Varcoe has been awesome, his pressure has turned the ball over numerous times.

Byrnes may get more of the pill, but he wastes it 90% of the time, his goal kicking is pathetic and he just doesn't look like he's up to the AFL standard. Byrnes needs to work on his disposal, goal kicking, and football skills in general.

Varcoe is different, Varcoe is quick, solid, effective, accurate, smart. He has the makings of a top quality small forward, and he's only played a handful of games.

Varcoe may have been missing in the past few weeks but he was barely on the field against Collingwood after he had just recovered from the flu (Ablett wasn't his best either). Half of our problem against Collingwood was they were able to move it out of defence with so much ease. Varcoe just wasn't match fit.

He deserved to be rested, but does Byrnes deserve a spot ahead of him when they are both 100%? No. Has Byrnes been better than him this season? No.

Varcoe's pressure has really stopped teams in their tracks (stevie j, stokes, all of them) and he has shown tonnes of quality. Byrnes has been with us a little while now, hasn't played heaps of games, and has shown small glimmers of hope but will then turn the ball over straight away. Varcoe has already shown us what he can do, and his value to our team (when 100%) is already greater than Byrnes's.

We might be winning but there is always room for improvement (prismall32)

This has nothing to do with you being a girl, but a general assessment about people not being able to see the bad side of their favourite players (i sure as hell know i am way too lenient on Stevie J)

Don't take everything i say so seriously, nor anyone, and give a little of your own back.

I was just giving my two cents worth in the Byrnes vs Varcoe debate and being called a stupid groupie for that.. seemed a tad sexist, just doesnt fly well with me.

I do not think he's a superstar, nor do i think he's perfect and mistake free. Just currently has more to offer than Varcoe.

but yep..agreeing to disagree =)

Im having a realy bad day today im pissed off and been down all day the only thing that will/could cheer me up is if i look at the team sheet tonight and see that the tiges have named kent kingsley that would make me so happy. then let josh hunt loose on him. please please please someone make this happen
bring some light into my day

c the front page of the addy yesterday, king in. i just about fell over. has any1 seen the weather outlook 4 satdie. yet again we r turning it on dwn here in sleepy hollow. i do think king wld b a useful inclusion, but with 3 ruckmen in the side, 1 of them always has 2 b in the fwd line. if its pissin dwn with rain i dont think they r conditions 2 suit otter, blake, n king.

dry day id say do it, til then, kingy can have a run in the 2s. also, get rid of spazzy byrnes. give us t.v back, jeez, even davenport or turbo, any1!

Geelong's team:

B: Darren Milburn – Matthew Scarlett – David Johnson
HB: Andrew Mackie – Matthew Egan – Tom Harley
C: Joel Corey – Jimmy Bartel – David Wojcinski
HF: James Kelly – Cameron Mooney – Joel Selwood
F: Steve Johnson – Brad Ottens – Mathew Stokes
Foll: Mark Blake – Cameron Ling – Gary Ablett
Int: Nathan Ablett, Shannon Byrnes, Josh Hunt, Steven King
Emerg: Charlie Gardiner, Kane Tenace, Travis Varcoe

Enright out injured and no Chapman.

Geelong's team:

B: Darren Milburn – Matthew Scarlett – David Johnson
HB: Andrew Mackie – Matthew Egan – Tom Harley
C: Joel Corey – Jimmy Bartel – David Wojcinski
HF: James Kelly – Cameron Mooney – Joel Selwood
F: Steve Johnson – Brad Ottens – Mathew Stokes
Foll: Mark Blake – Cameron Ling – Gary Ablett
Int: Nathan Ablett, Shannon Byrnes, Josh Hunt, Steven King
Emerg: Charlie Gardiner, Kane Tenace, Travis Varcoe

Enright out injured and no Chapman.
Enright , hell wonder whats the injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There goes team balance. Can't believe the idiot's done it. Actually yes I can.

Prediction - Ottens to kick 1 goal 2 behinds, but have virtually no impact from full forward. We'll lose drive out of the middle because our best ruckman will be stationary in the goalsquare.

My prediction is one of the ruckmen, will be dropped because of the whether. heard its meant to be pretty dodgy, and then one of the emergencies will come in. It will be suicide to go into a wet game with three ruckmen, even with our form being so good.

Prediction - Ottens to kick 1 goal 2 behinds, but have virtually no impact from full forward. We'll lose drive out of the middle because our best ruckman will be stationary in the goalsquare.

My prediction is a little more serious...
Prediction - Ottens to kick 1 goal 1 behind, but have no impact after lunging to mark a forward-50 entry and pulling a groin muscle.
Will then be out for 3 weeks. Structure thrown into disarray.

Ottens get injured playing forward. Why move him there?

There goes team balance. Can't believe the idiot's done it. Actually yes I can.

The danger to me is if Ottens kicks 7 and King gets 25 tap outs. Bomber decides to keep this structure and then we play North in the first final.

He has an injured right shoulder, could see the doc examining it at the end of the game last week in the rooms. Also read it in Inside Football. Let.s hope it's nothing serious.

Ah, I saw that but I wasn't sure who it was and then Lingy stood in the way!

surely turbo or t.v will come in 4 a ruckman. hate 2 say it tho, it may b bombers faiv son charlie 2 cum in tho. payin 11 bux, might just put a lazy 10 on the tigs. browny will love the conditions on satdie

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes V Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back