JTCWBFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Knicks, Yankees
Great win by the boys. Are we in with a crack next week? How will we adapt to the smaller SCG?

Freo showed last night that relentless pressure can get the Swans, can we go to another level?

Who would you bring in and who goes out?

Hunter tore it up in the VFL so maybe he gets his chance for Grant or Honey?

Campbell was good by reports, but not sure he has the tank to ruck like Ayce did tonight for 80% of the game.

For me it is no change, save for injuries, with Hunter first in line.

Stevens decision making and disposal still annoys me. He needs to learn how to handball. I counted three simple ones that went straight to the ground instead of his intended target, slowing the ball down or turning it over. Not sure whether its worth being dropped for.

Unless we have injury issues, I'd be going in unchanged.

Don't think Sydney's ruck stocks are going to be as big a threat as Jacobs was tonight so I don't think Ayce needs to go despite being well beaten tonight in the ruck. Give him another game to provide that mobility around the ground.

Clay will be all the better for the run and we've already seen that he's well above VFL level, meaning I'm happy for him to be allowed to work his way back into it from the seniors.

Not the best night for Dickson, thought he missed chances that he normally would have taken but doesn't deserve to lose a spot for it. Dangerous forward that will give us another option when Stringer is well held.

Liked Grant in moments tonight, does some very nice things but just wish he'd get more involved. Not entirely decided either way on keeping him in/leaving him out. Hunter could probably provide much of the same with a few more possessions, though would his defensive, tackling efforts be on par?

I think we're in with a chance against the Swans, the loss against Hawthorn was an anomaly for mine - I wasn't expecting to beat the Hawks but the margin flattered them in the end.

Give Roughead the job on Tippet and let's see if Talia can back up his excellent form on one of the best in Franklin.

EDIT - just occurred to me that I didn't mention Wallis. If he's not entirely 100%, I don't think it's worth sending him up to Sydney. Let him get back to full fitness without risking anything and then he takes his spot back from whoever isn't performing.

Tough to make any changes but Wallis has to come in against Sydney if fit. Maybe for an unlucky Honey. Grant will be a target again to be dropped but he was good today and ran hard /looked dangerous.

Stringer should be fine. Hunter deserves to come in, but making him earn it again in the VFL is only a good thing.

I want Campbell in soon because I really rate him and he's our future #1 ruck. (Remember he would have won the VFL medal last year most likely if he played all the games.)

Tough to make any changes but Wallis has to come in against Sydney if fit. Maybe for an unlucky Honey. Grant will be a target again to be dropped but he was good today and ran hard /looked dangerous.

Stringer should be fine. Hunter deserves to come in, but making him earn it again in the VFL is only a good thing.

I want Campbell in soon because I really rate him and he's our future #1 ruck. (Remember he would have won the VFL medal last year most likely if he played all the games.)
still two weeks away according to some people who spoke to him today (wallis)

Wallis was at least two so don't think he'll get up.
No change for me, Cordy will be more competitive in the ruck against the Sydney rucks.
Only think there will be a change if someone is still a bit sore, Dickson and Honey weren't moving as well as they have been. But they got through so in another week they should be all good!
Sydney at the SCG is always a shitty game :(

No Change.

Hunter may deserve it but don't want another smaller skinny type in the team against the Swans. Unless he goes out for Hrovat, but i'd be leaving him in for another senior game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logic and convention say no change, especially if Wallis remains unfit.

However it would not surprise me at all to see MC make 1-2 changes on a horses-for-courses basis. I have no idea what those changes might be but going on recent experience I have a sneaking suspicion that they would not be to counter Sydney's obvious strengths but to exploit their weaknesses. Love it.

Can't wait to find out!

Given stringer had ice on his hamstring he may be an out, so him and hrovat who was average maybe

In Redpath and Hunter

I find some posters analysis of performances perplexing at best and ........ At worst.

Now I am no fan of Ayce at all, but yesterday his role was to negate Jacobs. So many comments about him being monstered by Jacobs pointing to the hit out discrepancy. Well if hit outs are not to advantage they are as meaningless as cheap chip around kicks. We only lost midfield clearances by 2, yes 2 so that monstering was so effective. Jacobs was involved in no score involvements and Ayce did not give up any goals or costly turnovers with undisciplined free kicks.

Those calling for Minson to come back in after this week, really do you understand the team game of football

Tough to drop anyone after that sort of performance, Hunter really put his hand up in the VFL and Campbell had a really good game, Redpath also kicked four.
My main concern for this week is playing at the SCG it's quite a small ground, we lost the clearances 34-43 and centre clearances 14-17, Cordy was a lot better this week than previous but still 13 hitouts isn't enough for a number 1 ruckman. I don't think we can allow the swans to monster in the ruck like that and when the clearances on that small ground, Pyke is also a big body who Cordy may have trouble with strength wise. I don't mind Cordy getting another crack but needs support this week and Campbell seems the option.
If there is any doubt at all with Stringer I would rest him, I wouldn't risk Wallis this week if he has recovered better to have these two 100% for the saints game.

Out: Stringer (dependent on inj) Honey
In: Hunter Campbell

No change.
Cordy played a defensive ruck role beautifully. Will get better at it. As long as the hit outs aren't into space, then as a rover you are better off knowing which ruck will win the hit out and reading that palm. At least you only need to watch one hand and know that the other ruck is just trying to limit the distance of the tap. If Ayce keeps up this style of play and can perform his role in the defensive zone, he may not get dropped at all. He got a fair bit of loose ground ball and hand balled it out to someone free.

I think Beveridge conceded we would lose the ruck contest vs Adelaide, so he set Jong to go third up as a surprise tactic and otherwise set our mids to rove off Jacobs (they would have spent a lot of time analysing his tap work).

Pyke is not dominant in the same way as Jacobs, so I think we should look to win the ruck contest. In that regard, subject to Stringer's fitness, we should reward the team, but omit Cordy and bring in Campbell or Minson on a horses for courses basis (probably Campbell based on his Sunday form)

Shame on all the people who wanted Ayce dropped! When he kicked the first goal of the match he gave yous all a big **** you! I say let the MC do there job and all you wanna bees shut the **** up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Sydney Rd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back