Changes v. Tigers (Rd 9) - Gawn, Riley in for Frawley, Byrnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What about getting rid of Matt Jones?

This week will feel like an eternity. We could have snatched 12th or 13th. Missed Opportunity.

He has been pretty decent up to those 2 misses. Cost us the game, but FMD, nowhere near as bad as Terlich/Byrnes.

It is mind boggling that Roos gives them full games. They are HOPELESS.

Besides the iffy kicking, the main problem I see with Terlich is that he coughs it up too much when being tackled or harassed. The ball just spills out way too often despite his enthusiasm.

Happy to have Terlich as an OUT after that.

Byrnes OUT

Those two OUTS are before I even look at the potential INS.

Agree on Terlich and Byrnes going out, for reasons already mentioned.
I think M.Jones should stay (for now)

In Tuompas, Clisby

And yes, Salem to play a full game

Out:
Byrnes, Terlich

In:
Clisby, Toumpas

I like salem playing sub because he always runs on iwth fresh legs and is always a +1

Watts can't keep turning in performances like at either. M.Jones was better than him

Yeah not sure what they are going to do about him. Just a passenger really. Agree with Byrnes and Terlich. Maybe Blease and Riley come in for these guys. The other guy I'm not sure about is Grimes. ONly had 9 touches and is really ineffective.

Watts did ok this week... Better than aginst Sydney, not as good as last week
Yeah not sure what they are going to do about him. Just a passenger really. Agree with Byrnes and Terlich. Maybe Blease and Riley come in for these guys. The other guy I'm not sure about is Grimes. ONly had 9 touches and is really ineffective.
Grimes plyed om Griffen i think? Seemed to be in there a lot stopping easy clearances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out:

Matt Jones

Dean Terlich

Shannon Byrnes

In:

Aidan Riley

Mitch Clisby

Sam Blease

No harm in swinging the axe, we should have won that but for the lack of polish.

Watts can't keep turning in performances like at either. M.Jones was better than him

Matt Jones was pretty good... except for his misses..

We need Watts to do more, but there was no problem with his effort I thought.

Out:
Terlich and Byrnes

In:
Don't know

I don't mind Riley, Clisby and Blease as ins but not sure if Clisby even played for Casey today. Riley should be ready and Blease is a matter of stamina. Looking forward to the full Casey report.

If we didn't have the bye the following week I'd almost consider giving N Jones a rest. He's battled hard this year and the last couple of games has shown it a bit. Did he twinge his hammy before the Crows game?

Terlich and Byrnes out for sure. Byrnes is just so ineffective... Doesn't go near the ball and when he does, he fumbles it. Well and truly over the hill, thanks for coming.

Give Salem a full game with Blease sub, and Clisby in for Terlich.

Watts laid two goal saving tackles, thought he was a contributor without setting the world fire, certainly not drop worthy.
Certainly had a better second half. Good enough to keep his spot I thought in a greasy game that didn't suit him. His bad looks pretty bad though.

Riley has to play next week I think. Clisby or Toumpas in for Terlich

OUT: Terlich, Byrnes
IN: Riley, Toumpas (Grimes back to half-back rather than spending time in middle)

I like this, and perhaps have Riley or Toumpas as the sub to ease one of them into it and give Salem a full game?

Tragically that was probably Byrnes' best game for the season. Cut please.

Gotta pick Blease in form. Riley would have to be close too. Sounds like Tapscott might be a few weeks away but his form since returning from injury is promising.

Byrnes -> Blease, Terlich -> Clisby. Play Blease as the sub and let Salem off the chain.

Thought M Jones had a pretty solid game tonight actually, and I don't think Roosy is going to scapegoat him like a few on this board might be. Not his style.

Last edited:
I know M Jones missed that goal after a really good run, but the rest of his night was ok, at least he was in the position to impact the game, just couldn't quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back