Unofficial Preview Changes vs Bombers Final round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If results go our way and looks like we can't miss finals, I'd be resting all of Andrews, Hippy, Berry, Zorko and maybe Lohmann. They all look really sore. I'd also think about Neale, Dunkley and anyone else carrying a significant niggle.

If results go our way and looks like we can't miss finals, I'd be resting all of Andrews, Hippy, Berry, Zorko and maybe Lohmann. They all look really sore. I'd also think about Neale, Dunkley and anyone else carrying a significant niggle.
We have to win against Essendon - don’t rest anyone who is fit to play. Week off as the bye before finals start so they have to wait till then.

I don't really care anymore unfortunately
What’s it really matter; season is shot.

Play Lyons, give Robertson a go, Prior is better than what’s in the current team.

Get rid of Bailey, Joyce and Smith for a start. Happy to trade Sharp who has never been the answer so he out, Berry will be out injured.

We’ll probably still lose anyway so who cares, but I do know if we win, we’ll think we’re champions again.

We have to win against Essendon - don’t rest anyone who is fit to play. Week off as the bye before finals start so they have to wait till then.

Read the whole post mate, IF results go our way. Right now, even as things stand, a lot of things would have to go wrong for us to miss finals. Of course, all of Carlton, Hawthorn and Bulldogs have should be easy win games this week. Next week however, Bulldogs have to beat Giants and Dockers would have to beat Port by a margin to knock us out, assuming Hawthorn and Carlton win. No one else can finish above us. Right, now worst we can finish is 9th but maybe not after tomorrow.

If of course Port go down here against Adelaide, top four is still on the cards and that we should play for.

Read the whole post mate, IF results go our way. Right now, even as things stand, a lot of things would have to go wrong for us to miss finals. Of course, all of Carlton, Hawthorn and Bulldogs have should be easy win games this week. Next week however, Bulldogs have to beat Giants and Dockers would have to beat Port by a margin to knock us out, assuming Hawthorn and Carlton win. No one else can finish above us. Right, now worst we can finish is 9th but maybe not after tomorrow.

If of course Port go down here against Adelaide, top four is still on the cards and that we should play for.
Mate read the whole post and stick to what I said,

Didn't watch his presser but did Fagan say Bez is out next week? Thought we took him off as a precaution?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still have to beat Essendon regardless. Taking a 3-game losing run culminating in a loss to Essendon into finals isn’t the way to finish the H&A.
Rest players who need a 2 week break. Everyone else can rest over the bye.

Zac Bailey is a complete liability atm… needs a wake up call

This. A lot of tired legs atm

Bailey definitely needs to go, not from just the best 22 but the club too. He has peaked at his talent and it’s not good enough for AFL

This. A lot of tired legs atm

Bailey definitely needs to go, not from just the best 22 but the club too. He has peaked at his talent and it’s not good enough for AFL
Harsh. He’s 24 and had an injury hit, relatively poor season. He’s better than anyone in the 2’s, and would be picked up by most clubs if put on the market. He’s starting still got plenty to offer.

There’s no way we drop Bailey - be real everyone. The only reg best team guys who have been dropped over the past few years have been Kiddy (before he went nuts + had fitness issues), Rich + Gunston (old men reasons) & McKenna (which despite how bad he’s been, was still a slight surprise we actually made the call).

Absolutely no chance Zac gets dropped so don’t waste oxygen on it.

What I’m worried about with him though right now is his confidence and connection. You could see a few times today he’d get the ball and pause/ think too much. Not just the HTB late, but there was a moment going punt rd end in the corridor on our 50 where we weee streaming through, he received the ball and just froze almost. That plus a few other moments (obvs missed goal in the 3rd, htb late, ground ball get inside 50 3rd he buggered up) are just so not him. Like genuinely the opposite of the confident, free flowing guy we know who resembles more Naicos than any of our boys most of the time during his career.

He seems lost in a almost Rayner style, mostly fwd, high fwd, mid role which I would imagine being tough if you’re out of form & had some injury concerns.

Besides his on form performance for this season. I worry he may be one who may surprise us and look for greater opportunity elsewhere in the next year or two. Naturally we should lose some eventually, but he’d be one who could really explode at some stage & hate to see somewhere else. I hope we can figure it out with him like we did Cam.

————————————————————————

Besides that rant... Expect the side to remain the same. Sharp wasn’t completely horrid in a really hard ask for a sub/ guy who hasn’t played much senior footy + plays the same spot as Bez. Brain is definitely a weakness & id prefer Answerth but don’t think we will drop him. Could see Lyons/ Prior coming in as sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think we should put anyone who has niggles on ice for the season to get them ready for next season, and so we can play the kids.
I think we are already playing the kids and they are starting to look a tad tired to be honest .

Injuries have really crueled us this season , but we got to see the kids play ,and they have done well under the circumstances .

I think we are already playing the kids and they are starting to look a tad tired to be honest .

Injuries have really crueled us this season , but we got to see the kids play ,and they have done well under the circumstances .
Agree with this. We’ve unearthed some talent but it’s unfair to expect 18-20 year olds can produce consistent senior football off the back of a couple of pre seasons. There are exceptions, but most need time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back