Preview Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

May as well give Maxwell another week off and reward Goldsack's good performance.

Realistically theres only likely to be one change.

Out: Dick (inj)
In: Medhurst.

No need to rush Maxwell back in, give him another week to fully recover from the calf injury.

Davis will come good, no need to panic yet.

Yeah, the defense performed really well. Give the cap'n another weeks rest and keep it the same I reckon. My only change would be Medhurst for Davis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldy played well, so I wouldn't be rushing Maxy back. Give him another week off & make sure he's absolutely 100% fit first.

Medders to come in, either for Dick or Davis, depending on Dick's injury status.

OUT-dick(rest him,we want him 100% come aug/sept

IN-medders

I think fraser(yes, i know) or wood may come in as they have 2 decent ruckmen...

Lockyer out i hate to say it as he is one of my favourites but I think his time has passed to slow and not enought depth on the kick :(

Medhurst in

Davis must play over in WA always plays well there might kick him into some form.

Maxwell for Goldy if fit

Roundsy will not play senior football this season.

It will be incredibly difficult for him, which is why I pencilled in another development year for him in the Luke Rounds thread awhile ago.

Having said that, I would like Goldy to be rewarded again and retain his spot. Was very good. Did not get beat 1-on-1, terrific closing speed and all round pace, still backs into packs and provided some nice rebound. I'm very confident when the ball is in his area that he will win it or at the very least, not get beaten i.e. out of bounds or stoppage.

Dick could be in doubt, which would make for an easy replacement with Medhurst.

However, Fraser was awesome by the sound of things today and will be in line for a recall (especially as he has played well on Cox in the past).

Jack was also very good in the twos and should be in the mix at least as an emergency.

Lockyer out i hate to say it as he is one of my favourites but I think his time has passed to slow and not enought depth on the kick :(

Medhurst in

Davis must play over in WA always plays well there might kick him into some form.

Maxwell for Goldy if fit

Are you suggesting we sent Leon to play for Dockers or Weagles?? This weeks game is in Melb I am pretty confident :confused:

Davis out. Why do people seem to believe that playing in a lesser league to find touch is an evil thing to do. Seems to work in a lot of other cases...

Dunno who to bring in though, especially if Dick goes too. Medhurst seems obvious, and a 2nd Ruck Wood be a good idea :cool:

Possibly the first changes thread I've seen where someone hasn't said 'Out: Leigh Brown' lol.

Agree with the majority. No need to rush Maxwell back. Give him another week even if he is fit enough, and leave Goldy in the side.

Leave Leon in. He has been playing awful the last...well, all year just about... but the effort was there this weekend, things just didn't go his way. Give him at least 1 more week.

I'm hesitant about Medders though. Has he proved himself in the VFL? Haven't really been hearing much. I dont know if I'd want Medhurst and Leon in the same side with them both being horribly down on form. Anthony got 31 possessions, but that was in the backline so...dont know if you could bring him in, especially since that'd make our forward line way too tall.

Someone said Buckley, presumably as a joke...but he got 31 possessions in the VFL too. Any chance we could bring him in for Dick? I'm sure he's not exactly the same kind of player, but has to be closer to it than Anthony?

I don't know why people are saying we should bring Fraser or Wood back in. In case you didn't notice, Leigh Brown actually did an okay job as a backup ruck. Not spectacular of course, but considering Fraser and Wood wouldn't be spectacular either and would do even less around the ground than Leroy, Wood and Fraser need to be left in the 2s, while we let Leroy pick up the slack that Jolly can't handle.

Roundsy will not play senior football this season.

It will be incredibly difficult for him, which is why I pencilled in another development year for him in the Luke Rounds thread awhile ago.

Fair Enough but from what Seen he has been playing Quite Well.

People Calling for Scott Reed to play are a bit off I really doubt he would get a Game this year. I dare say next season he will be elevated to the senior list and he be a chance of getting a Game in the AFL as a 3rd Tall

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back